Post pics of your cars/trucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
    Our "family" project..... My 3 sons put this together and I putt around in it occasionally..

NICE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by terminator03 View Post
      damn that really sucks that car should be badass though once its all done right
      Yeah, it will be a fun car for sure once it's all worked out. The car is much lighter than a Termy, it should definetly scoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ffRich54 View Post
        Most of my rides..
        More of the BMW please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
          He told me him and his friends did it, no shop, one of which is a Ford tech.

I haven't even gotten to the gauges yet. Still working on getting the car to run right.

So far I've fixed:

front brakes
          front right hub
          Parking brake cable
          New 4lb lower crank pulley since the stock one broke on the dyno.
          new belts
          power steering hose that was leaking
          broken bolts in the alternator bracket
          Fuel hose didn't have a safety clip on it and came off under boost.
          A clogged air filter that couldn't breathe.
          All the sensors were unplugged
          new plugs that were trashed
          And other stuff I am forgetting.
          Still to go:

Mysterious computer issue
          Sending unit
          Installing and getting the 03 Cobra cluster gauge
          new tires

And whatever other stuff pops up between now and then KWClutch didn't tell me about. I was PISSED about it for awhile, but now I'm doing what needs to be done to get it right and it will be all done the RIGHT WAY.

KWClutch did not tell me everything, clearly I was lied to. When we dicussed the price of the car, he said that he would pay for half the tune that needed to be done and he didn't do that either. Then when he came out to the shop to see the car tuned, he did try to help fix it, but really just made it worse since he didn't know what he was doing. He was upset, abit embarrassed I think and said we would work something out trying to get this stuff fixed and of course I never heard from him again. I'd text him on it and all I would get was "I'm sorry".

Lesson learned on my part. No matter how nice someone seems to be, don't trust them when it comes to a deal on a car. Always be extra cautious when you purchase someone else's "finished project that only needs a tune".

I've had the car since the end of November, I've only got to drive it 4 times and not once under boost yet, just creeping it back and forth to the shop. Hopefully it will be worth it when it's all worked out. It should be a fun car for sure.
          that sucks that you were screwed over like that. Sounds like its gonna be a brand new car when all is said and done.
          2007 Silverado CC
          1970 Mustang Coupe

True Street Motorsports. 972-542-9886

Comment

• Originally posted by streetdemon70 View Post
            that sucks that you were screwed over like that. Sounds like its gonna be a brand new car when all is said and done.
            Thanks, yeah it's pretty much going to be a new car when all said and done. Buyer beware..

Comment

Thanks, yeah it's pretty much going to be a new car when all said and done. Buyer beware..
              I could tell it was a hacked car.

Comment

• Sold back in May 2010:

My daily driver:

Comment

• sucks Steve...

I've never purchased a "just needs a ______" car, but I've looked at a few... I don't even look anymore.

If a bad ass/high dollar vehicle only needs $50-1000 to be perfect, why wouldn't the owner do that and get top dollar for it?

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  He told me him and his friends did it, no shop, one of which is a Ford tech.

I haven't even gotten to the gauges yet. Still working on getting the car to run right.

So far I've fixed:

front brakes
                  front right hub
                  Parking brake cable
                  New 4lb lower crank pulley since the stock one broke on the dyno.
                  new belts
                  power steering hose that was leaking
                  broken bolts in the alternator bracket
                  Fuel hose didn't have a safety clip on it and came off under boost.
                  A clogged air filter that couldn't breathe.
                  All the sensors were unplugged
                  new plugs that were trashed
                  And other stuff I am forgetting.
                  Still to go:

Mysterious computer issue
                  Sending unit
                  Installing and getting the 03 Cobra cluster gauge
                  new tires

And whatever other stuff pops up between now and then KWClutch didn't tell me about. I was PISSED about it for awhile, but now I'm doing what needs to be done to get it right and it will be all done the RIGHT WAY.

KWClutch did not tell me everything, clearly I was lied to. When we dicussed the price of the car, he said that he would pay for half the tune that needed to be done and he didn't do that either. Then when he came out to the shop to see the car tuned, he did try to help fix it, but really just made it worse since he didn't know what he was doing. He was upset, abit embarrassed I think and said we would work something out trying to get this stuff fixed and of course I never heard from him again. I'd text him on it and all I would get was "I'm sorry".

Lesson learned on my part. No matter how nice someone seems to be, don't trust them when it comes to a deal on a car. Always be extra cautious when you purchase someone else's "finished project that only needs a tune".

I've had the car since the end of November, I've only got to drive it 4 times and not once under boost yet, just creeping it back and forth to the shop. Hopefully it will be worth it when it's all worked out. It should be a fun car for sure.
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

At this point would it have been cheaper(not counting the headache) to buy a GT and do the 03/04 swap yourself(or by your preferred shop)?

Comment

• Action shot at a "Laps for charity" event at TMS. Good times.

Action shot in the dry.

Action shot in the snow in Indianapolis years ago.
                      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                        Action shot in the dry.

Action shot in the snow in Indianapolis years ago.
                        That thing really shrinks when it gets cold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          I could tell it was a hacked car.
                          It's not anymore. Its ALL getting straightened out.

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                          sucks Steve...

I've never purchased a "just needs a ______" car, but I've looked at a few... I don't even look anymore.

If a bad ass/high dollar vehicle only needs $50-1000 to be perfect, why wouldn't the owner do that and get top dollar for it?
                          His story was it was his last weekend before leaving for a contract job in the middle east. I met with him and he seems like a really nice guy, seemed very forthcoming. He said he has put a few thousand miles on it with the stock blower and just recently swapped the ported blower on and it "just" needed to be retuned and he didn't have time to finish it since he was leaving.

Live and learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            that thing really shrinks when it gets cold out.
                            lol!!
                            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                              It looks like we have the same taste. Well then it's settled, we should be best friends and I can show you how to properly install an absurd amount of tail pipes.

wuz up fool.....
                              Last edited by LS WHAT ??; 09-16-2011, 10:18 AM.
                              I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

• Thanks. The aftermarket wheels really changed the look dramatically. The blue metallic looks pretty sweet on a sunny day as well.

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                                That is cleanest Pathfinder I have seen yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X