Show off them new 5.0's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jskwarek View Post
    Newest Skwareks creation. Picked it up about 45 days ago, appearance mods almost done.

Jason

Oh man.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
      Oh man.
      X2!
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• I've decided to pull the trigger on a 13' as my new daily, I drove one over the weekend and I REALLY liked it. The car I looked at was a GT Premium. I'm at that stage right now of struggling to figure out what options I really want. I'd like to see a 13' Cali Special in-person too...I tend to like the looks of the ones I've seen online, but one thing is that they aren't available with the Brembos.

Right now I'm kind of thinking GT Premium with the upgraded seats, and the GT Track pack...from looking on Ford's website it appears the track pack gives you both 3.73's and the Brembos...anyone else familiar with the packages? Is there something that I'm really missing? I'm also wondering about the upgraded Audio system...Shaker 1000, but damn it adds a lot.

I'm really digging the white ones too! Silver as a second choice. After having several dark colored cars I'm going for a lighter color this time...especially with it being a daily.

I'm also wondering when Ford is going to drop out some better incentives on these things....seems last year it was around Sept when we saw some pretty good rebates coming out.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• I got the 3.73's with the Brembo package non track pac and it's fine. If you want the TracPac I'd just get a boss. Unless you auto cross a lot the only thing I would really want is the Torsion Diff. After driving one with and then without Brembo's, you figure out quick that Brembos are a must have option unless you plan on upgrading the brakes anyway later down the road. I'd also recommend going to Grapevine Ford and looking around if you haven't. Wonderful selection and sales staff. Only thing negative I have to say about them is that their online inventory is usually out of date...mainly due to their quick turn around of Mustang inventory. Every time I went there they had a 13 CS in some color. I like the normal GT front due to the HID fog lights.

Comment

• Yeah, that's the one thing that is pulling me away from the CS...I want the Brembos, and for some odd reason they apparently decided not to cross those options over. I definately know that I don't want a Boss though...this is going to be a daily driver, so I want more comfort options, and I don't want to be right back in the same boat where I've been with my 911...constantly worrying about how many miles I'm putting on it.

Thanks for the advice, I hit the GVF guys up in their forum...I had a good experience when I bought my F150 over there, but also a not-so-good experience not too long ago when we were looking for something for my wife....although I think it was just the person I was dealing with. Nevertheless, I do intend to give them another chance....but they just won't be the only ones I talk to this time.
            70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• The Track Pack cars get 3.73s, Torsen differential, and the Boss oil cooler and radiator, as well as the brakes and stiffer suspension from the Brembo Brake Package cars. It's not 'beat-you-up' stiffer, it's just a nice solid ride. The '12 GT rental that Eric and I had on the road trip felt mushy and we both agreed to keep speeds down because it felt floaty above 115, which the car will do effortlessly. I consider springs a MUST in these cars because no matter which model you go with, they all sit way too high, and if it's a standard GT, they are way too soft.

I like the white myself. That white 2013 C/S ^^^ is the best looking '13 I've seen yet. The stripes look great on those cars as does the removal of the fog lights.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                I like the normal GT front due to the HID fog lights.
                IIRC the 13 GT's have LED fog lights. The headlights have HID's. Pimp nonetheless though.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Haven't been over here in awhile. I was asked to post up some new pics since I've lowered the car.Nothing fancy, just some quick pics. Here ya go -

Comment

• Car looks great Steve!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      IIRC the 13 GT's have LED fog lights. The headlights have HID's. Pimp nonetheless though.
                      Oops...yeah that's correct and what I meant. With the LED fogs and the HID's it puts out an incredible amount of light. It looks awesome at night and plenty bright enough to just drive with the fogs on and the whiskers lit up. Big pimp'n. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        The Track Pack cars get 3.73s, Torsen differential, and the Boss oil cooler and radiator, as well as the brakes and stiffer suspension from the Brembo Brake Package cars. It's not 'beat-you-up' stiffer, it's just a nice solid ride. The '12 GT rental that Eric and I had on the road trip felt mushy and we both agreed to keep speeds down because it felt floaty above 115, which the car will do effortlessly. I consider springs a MUST in these cars because no matter which model you go with, they all sit way too high, and if it's a standard GT, they are way too soft.

I like the white myself. That white 2013 C/S ^^^ is the best looking '13 I've seen yet. The stripes look great on those cars as does the removal of the fog lights.
                        So it sounds like you agree then, that at least the Brembo package is a must? With the other options I'm wanting I'm thinking Brembo with 3.73's or track pack, whichever can be found with the colors/interior I'm wanting.

I agree too...that CS above is one of the best looking I've seen, just wheels and the right stance really pops with that setup. Just too bad they don't offer the other stuff with that package.

I'm trying to recall...does your car have the Brembos on it? You know my buddy Mark Kuban....he and I were joking about the springs last weekend, he's trying to get me to go ahead and order them so that I can go straight to his shop and put them on, on my way from the dealership! ...BTW, that dirtbag ordered a 13' Shelby...he's supposed to pick it up on the 21st of this month.

Steve - your car looks great! What springs did you go with.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

• Eibach Sportlines FTW.
                          2012 GT/CS & 93 Cobra
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                            I'm trying to recall...does your car have the Brembos on it? You know my buddy Mark Kuban....he and I were joking about the springs last weekend, he's trying to get me to go ahead and order them so that I can go straight to his shop and put them on, on my way from the dealership! ...BTW, that dirtbag ordered a 13' Shelby...he's supposed to pick it up on the 21st of this month.
                            Yeah, my car is a base GT (cloth seats, single-color gauges, no lighted door sills, etc) with only two options, the Brembo Brake Package and 3.73s. I've already replaced all the BBP stuff with better parts, heh.

I do know Mark, kinda. That black '65 289/4-speed Falcon he did for his mother is (no shit) my favorite car in the metroplex. It's so clean and so simple. I would definitely like to check out his GT500 when it comes in.

My suggestion is get the model you really want and plan to make suspension changes no matter what you end up with. The C/S is really nice for 2013, it would make a great daily. I say get it if you like it and install springs and struts on the way home. If you want bigger brakes later, there are options. The non-Brembo cars stop just fine, the tires will be sliding long before you're out of brakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              I'm also wondering when Ford is going to drop out some better incentives on these things....seems last year it was around Sept when we saw some pretty good rebates coming out.
                              Brembos for sure, you can't beat the price from FORD vs buying them aftermarket. Glass roof, my 09 had it it was to hot in the summer and my 09 was white. Even with the shade drawn it ws hot and it was noisy, cool feature but not worth it imo. INcentives are worth wating for I would order it by the time it gets here the incentives will be out.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• 04 sleeper, did you just buy that? I saw one very similar to it going westbound 183 in Euless the other day. Damned sexy car!

Comment

Working...
                                X