No announcement yet.

67 Toyota F40 Landcrusier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The doors are soft doors.. and here is a video he sent.. (not very good) of the under side of it.. viewed from the front of the truck

Comment

Nice

Comment

That's a real humdinger!

Comment

Kinda bumping this thread because I have a question about it..

We still have the truck and my dad is thinking one of the reasons it hasn't sold (besides the fact that only a few people would really want it) is because of the paint being very faded.

It is original paint on it but it it pretty dull as you can hopefully see from the picture. Would it be worth spending the money on getting a good paint job on it?

BTW like I said it is still available so if anyone wants it send me an offer.

Comment

Did you post it on the FJ forums? Any good detailer should be able to bring that paint back to life.

Comment

Yes I did post it on there and then got banned for "spam" I may remake a new user account and try again.

Comment

What is he asking for it?
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Did you post it on ih8mud? What about having Nick give it a detail?

Comment

Shit, just a bottle of Mequire's Cleaner Wax and some good ole elbow grease should bring it back to life.
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

those old FJ40's can be very hard to sell. If you find the right diehard collector, they'll pay whatever you want, but everybody else would rather have a jeep. I think the price range is fair, its not an awesome deal but it's a fair deal. I would try buffing the paint before you tried repainting it. you might be surprised what you get out of it.
                      http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

i know you have it on a lot, but you may wanna list it on pirate4x4.com, ih8mud.com, and expeditionportal.com

DFWM does not have much liquid money for stuff like that.. have you listed the price yet? also i would not paint it
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
                          Yes I did post it on there and then got banned for "spam" I may remake a new user account and try again.
                          i am registered on ih8mud, and so is cannon88 if you need me to post an ad for it
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I can not tell from the pics 100 percent but it looks like the lower side, and the rear are starting to bubble a bit. Also it appears to have a Rancho suspension on it. I am very torn on it either being an older restoration and 130k or it being a survivor. That may be why you got tagged as spam. Toyota guys, like Jeep guys, are hard core. They start detecting you trying to pull a sales job and bam. You would think the drivers seat would have a tad more wear also. Was it a one owner, controlled enviornment, barn find? The odometer does looks really clean I will give you that. I love them old FJ's and have wrenched on a few. The prices can be all over the place though just like Jeeps. Some weeks I could pull 12.5k all day for my TJ, others maybe 9k-10k. It would be a sweet build though.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I wouldn't paint it. Leave it as original as possible and let the buyer decide what to do with it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I had someplace to store it. I couldn't use it as a daily. If you're up for posting it on more sites I would post them on these:

A forum community dedicated to Toyota FJ owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, accessories, mods, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Between those and ih8mud you shouldn't have too hard of a time selling it.

Comment

Thanks for the replies..

Im trying to get a set price for what he is asking and I will for sure put up a couple ads on those sites and let you guys know too..

I need to find someone that knows a lot about these things to come look at it to see if they think it is original and low mileage.. I just wish I knew more about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X