Classic stang owners. Post ur pics here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE
    Heh, thanks man. I wish those wayward A/C lines were out of the way, because the best part of that engine bay is that there's almost no wiring in it. Everything's run in the fender wells so it's as clean as I could get it.

The relocation of the e-brake was ridiculously easy, and a lot more handy than than the dash-pull style. I yanked that one from the wrecked 85 GT that I got the engine and transmission from. You've just gotta be cool with taking a cutting wheel to the tunnel.

Well at least you have a/c.

I cant do a relocation because my car has a bench seat.
    Originally posted by Baron
    If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

Man I wish I had one of those. To be honest, I've kinda gotten bored with my fox and probably am not gonna race it. I think that I'd have fun if I could pick a semi clean one (no rust) up and resto mod it. Just don't know how much money I could do it in. Any numbers would be cool if yall didn't mind sharing. Thanks.
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by ma67cpe
        Well at least you have a/c.

I cant do a relocation because my car has a bench seat.
        Well, I have an idler pulley in the shape of A/C anyway. All I need is new lines and to reinstall the underdash unit, but yeah. No functioning air right now.

That bench seat is bitchin'.

Originally posted by slowyellow
        Man I wish I had one of those. To be honest, I've kinda gotten bored with my fox and probably am not gonna race it. I think that I'd have fun if I could pick a semi clean one (no rust) up and resto mod it. Just don't know how much money I could do it in. Any numbers would be cool if yall didn't mind sharing. Thanks.
        I would say that a classic isn't too much more to build than a fox, depending on what you can do yourself, and what your standards are. For instance, if you just want a driver, and originality isn't a big deal, that'll save you some money. The "no rust" thing is going to be tough though. Simply put, they all have rust unless they've had some major surgery, and if they have, they're probably expensive. The main thing is to check really well and make sure that it's just minor (not structural) and go from there.

One thing that might make it more pricey is used parts availabiltiy. For example, almost every piece of trim or interior part or weather stripping is out there in repro and pretty affordable, but there are no junk yard rear ends you can put in them unless you're into chopping up an explorer 8.8, shortening half of it, and cutting/welding spring perches and such.
        Last edited by BLAKE; 11-14-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I guess the only good news is that there is a mustang specific junkyard out here in VA. So all of the hard to find parts would probably be pretty easy to come across.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow
            I guess the only good news is that there is a mustang specific junkyard out here in VA. So all of the hard to find parts would probably be pretty easy to come across.
            Yes, but I can guarantee anything that would count as a performance piece (like am 8" rear with posi/trac lock, or any 9") is either long gone or super expensive. I keep mentioning the rear end thing because it's one of the only things I haven't replaced on my car, and try as I might, I haven't found a way to ditch the peg leg with highway gears without spending over $1K.

I'm going to end up spending over a grand to upgrade/restore my current 8". Wish I could just grab a junkyard 8.8 for a couple hundred bucks, but that's not gonna happen.

Comment

a buddy of mine finds the 8.8's pretty frequent for like 150 out here. He gets them for his jeep hobby. But he's always asking me if I know anyone who wants some gears, lol.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

I'm going to end up spending over a grand to upgrade/restore my current 8". Wish I could just grab a junkyard 8.8 for a couple hundred bucks, but that's not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

Blake, I've heard of a few people running the explorer rear with the offset pinion without any issues. I would say that may be possible, especially if your mainly just cruising it and not out racing every weekend. I personally plan on spending the money and setting it up right. Apache auto salvage has 2 explorer rears with disc brakes for $135 a piece.
                BTW I lucked out back in the day and picked up a '80 Lincoln Versaille rearend for $200. There are still deals out there, you just have to be patient and keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ
                  I'm going to end up spending over a grand to upgrade/restore my current 8". Wish I could just grab a junkyard 8.8 for a couple hundred bucks, but that's not gonna happen.
                  damn dude you should have asked sooner, i had an old 8.8 off a 89 gt that i was giving away, nobody wanted it so i sent it to the junk yard

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                  You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde
                    damn dude you should have asked sooner, i had an old 8.8 off a 89 gt that i was giving away, nobody wanted it so i sent it to the junk yard
                    I was responding to Blake's quote, but screwed it up. lol

Blake why don't you spend the grand on an 8.8 rather than the 8 inch? Pick up an explorer rear and send it over to JamesB to put leaf mounts on and even it up with 9" housing ends. You could have a nice 31 spline rear for around a grand or a little less.

Comment

Here's my junk. Thinking about doing a half-ass 20 footer type paint job on it just so it won't look like this anymore.

I need to do a few things in here too. Thinking of ditching the fox console for a Shelby style. Needs a new steering wheel too.
                      68 Coupe- 351w, TFS heads, Comp XE284, 5 speed, Explorer 8.8, 4 Wheel Discs
                      63 Fairlane

Originally posted by forbes
                      i call 1911 first then 911

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE

I guess you need something like this.

Comment

Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 11-14-2010, 06:04 PM.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Baron
                                How much longer till its back on the road?

Comment

Working...
                                X