Society is Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikec View Post
    LMAO! I'm not a pussy that has to hide, and you know this...
    Ummm..... it was me? It wouldn't be so funny if you didn't get so mad.
    Ded

Comment

LMAO! I'm not a pussy that has to hide, and you know this...
      Personally, I think they are hilarious.

Like I tell my kids...IF you react, you'll keep getting messed with, let it go.

Comment

Damn I need to start a donation website so people can donate to me. Ya know I've got multiple vehicles to feed and they are starving. Throw some money at please.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

$375k now.....

Hope someone tells her to prepare to pay taxes on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
            $375k now.....

Hope someone tells her to prepare to pay taxes on this...
            I'm not sure that she'll be forced to pay. It is money coming in as individual gifts, afterall. So long as the gifts aren't over a certain amount ($1199??), then she shouldn't have to pay any taxes I wouldn't think. Then again, I'm no pattymelt.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
              I'm not sure that she'll be forced to pay. It is money coming in as individual gifts, afterall. So long as the gifts aren't over a certain amount ($1199??), then she shouldn't have to pay any taxes I wouldn't think. Then again, I'm no pattymelt.
              It has become too publicized and is too much money for her not to be. I'm certain the IRS will move on her.

At the end of the day, it is a billion people each giving $20, but the Feds can do what they want.

I'm not a CPA, but my daddy is...

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                Ummm..... it was me? It wouldn't be so funny if you didn't get so mad.
                Well, fuck you. It's chicken shit and you know it.

But thanks for being man enough to own up to it.
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Personally, I think they are hilarious.

Like I tell my kids...IF you react, you'll keep getting messed with, let it go.

Yea, real funny.
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Yea, real funny.
                    Careful 'fore you turn into SEB.

Comment

• Jesus. Has eclipsed $400k now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        Yea, real funny.
                        You're just angry because you've been the target.

Comment

• When I said half a mil by Friday I was just pulling a number out of my ass... I am really shocked it's at 430,000.....

That's a shit load of money..
                          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

• Looks like it stalled/died around $650,000. The shithead kids are suspended for a year though.

Comment

• I've done my fair share of bad shit to teachers, authority, friends, and family.. Over the last 10 years i have at least once tried to contact everyone i thought i instulted/taunted/treated like shit etc.. I even got ahold of a couple middle school teachers i gave hell (sounds about like those kids) to.. Not sure why i did it.. it was somewhere around 2007. I suppode i just felt like i owen them apology.. There are even a couple board members i gave a hard time to back in middle-school and they didnt deserve it.. wish i could change that too..
                              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Life hasn't always been kind to Karen Klein.
                                She was a widow at 51.
                                She lost her son, Rusty, to suicide 10 years ago.
                                She had to take out a loan against her paid-off home to make ends meet.
                                Health problems have limited her hearing and, sometimes, her ability to walk.

Then, last month, a video of the school bus monitor being badgered by four seventh-graders went viral. For 10 minutes, the foul-mouthed boys peppered her with insults about her weight, hearing aids, economic status and worse.
                                "You don't have a family because they all killed themselves because they didn't want to be near you," one of the bullies said.

It's no wonder the 68-year-old still has a tough time accepting that thousands of good Samaritans are about to change her life forever.

"I didn't realize there were so many nice people out there in the world," Klein, who lives in upstate New York, told Yahoo News this week.

That's because a stranger's online campaign to fund a vacation for Klein also went viral. Instead of pledging the requested $5,000, donors have given nearly $700,000 to the drive, which ends at midnight Friday.

A half-million dollars was raised in the first four days, with pledges coming from 84 countries and every state in America.

"It doesn't seem like this is me that this is happening to," Klein said. "It's just unbelievable. I don't know when I'm going to come back to Earth."

The outpouring took place on Indiegogo.com, a website for online fundraising. The site combines Web payments and social media to enable anyone to raise money for anything.

"It's pretty remarkable," Indiegogo CEO Slava Rubin said of the bus monitor campaign.

The co-founder of the 5-year-old site attributed the campaign's success to the viral video, people fed up with bullies, and the technology to respond immediately. The boys had their bus privileges suspended and must attend an alternative school for one year.

"The world came together to act and say, 'Hey, this woman needs a vacation, and more importantly, this is our way of making a statement about bullying,'" he said.

More than 31,000 people have made pledges. The average donation was $21, but one person contributed $3,000.

"Are you kidding? For me? What did I do?" Klein told Yahoo News. "Why are these people going crazy like this for me?"

Klein will get the money, minus Indiegogo's 4 percent handling fee, next week.

"It's going to be an exciting day," Rubin said.

The amount raised is more than 40 times Klein's $15,506 annual salary as a bus monitor. She's been a bus driver and monitor in Greece, N.Y., for 23 years. Before that she worked as a banquet server and store clerk.

"Yeah, it's time to retire," said Klein, who reportedly will not have to pay taxes on the goodwill.

In retirement, she said she hopes to get involved in causes to prevent bullying and suicide. She'd also like to help special-needs children.
                                "I'm not a great speaker ... but I would like to try to do something," Klein said. "Kids write to me and tell me that they've been bullied. The kids that get bullied ... I hate it."

Strangers have written asking for money, but she knows she must pay her bills and take care of her family first. Two grandchildren are disabled and other family members are unemployed.

"Things have not been real good in the family," said Klein, who has three children and eight grandchildren. "It's going to go very fast. That's why I need to set some aside. And I don't feel like I'm going to be a different person because of the money. I'm just going to be me."

Besides money from the Indiegogo campaign, she's also received multiple trips and other gifts, including a blanket and pillow from USC's Davis School of Gerontology.

"That's the study of old people," Klein explained with a chuckle.

Cards and letters continue to arrive at her door daily.

"I kind of live in a little world of my own here," she said. "Opening up letter after letter after card after card of people saying how much they like me and what I did, it really boosts your morale."

And her spunk.

"Oh, I did make one big purchase," she said proudly. "A three-wheeled bike. It has a basket on the back, so I could even ride it to the store!"

Enjoy the ride, Karen Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X