Little bit of redneck racing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bit of redneck racing.

Most of you probably won't like the music, unless you listen to 102.1. I love working on these cars, and they can be very fun to watch.
    By the way, this was 9 straight nights of racing (2 were delayed due to rain)
    Last edited by WesB; 08-09-2012, 09:32 PM. Reason: Add some background info

I've never paid any attention to dirt track before, probably still won't, however this makes me curious to go watch a few races. Not bad
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

They're just copying what the drifting scene has been doing for 10+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        I think you have it backwards this has been going on way before the drift scene

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          They have been doing it for 50+yrs. Sprints started in the early 60s and became estremely popular in the 70s and stayed that way through the late 90s, but has taken a dive as the rest of dirt track racing has. I like just about any type of automobile race, but mainly like endurance racing. Unfortunantly there is not any tracks like that in East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
            I think you have it backwards this has been going on way before the drift scene
            Originally posted by WesB View Post
            They have been doing it for 50+yrs. Sprints started in the early 60s and became estremely popular in the 70s and stayed that way through the late 90s, but has taken a dive as the rest of dirt track racing has. I like just about any type of automobile race, but mainly like endurance racing. Unfortunantly there is not any tracks like that in East Texas.
            Wow you two...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
              I've never paid any attention to dirt track before, probably still won't, however this makes me curious to go watch a few races. Not bad
              October 11-13 Kilgore, Tx, three nights of 100+ sprints in 2 different catigories (360 and 305 Racesavers). Last year they flipped almost 30 cars the first night. Some people brought two race ready cars and left with two destroyed cars. We left with the front half of our car knocked over 3 inches.

Let me know where you live and I'll let you know when the sprints are racing around where you are. Mostly the cars around dfw are the 305 cars, but occasionally the ASCS makes an appearence with the 360 group (150hp more than the 305s)

Comment

The early sprint cars where awesome.

I prefer to watch the wingless sprints. Those bastards can drive.

Comment

Wingless sprints are a million times better than winged. Unfortunantly most everyone around here is too scared to run wingless b/c the cars are more wild and unpredictable.

We have been pushing for a wingless show around here, and think Cowtown Speedway might put one on later in the year.

Comment

Yeah a 5-10 car wingless show is better than a 30 car winged show.

Comment

Sick.

Comment

Wonder if it would be possible to make one of those street legal?

Comment

I sure miss going to all the World of Outlaw events when I lived up north. Several of my famiily members including my dad raced street stock and late models. We spent most weekends at the track when I was very young. I miss going to places like Knoxville, Dodge City, Sedalia, Lakeside Speedway in KC, I-70 Speedway in MO. I started going to Devil's Bowl when I moved here but have quit since they trimmed the Sprint schedule down.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                            Not an actual race car, but you could have a road going clone built. An actual sprint car chassis is built staggered, and one side even has larger diameter wheels than the other.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              Like dis? http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicl...al_sprint_car/

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Working...
                              X