Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    V-10 probably.
    7.3, but I am sure they where just trying to pull a fast one and price it out as a V10. And I bet they get away with it more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      7.3, but I am sure they where just trying to pull a fast one and price it out as a V10. And I bet they get away with it more often than not.
      Still, trashed 5.4 models sell more then 3k...

With the 7.3 that thing is easy 10k+, even with ripped leather and the rear quarter looking like that.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        Still, trashed 5.4 models sell more then 3k...

With the 7.3 that thing is easy 10k+, even with ripped leather and the rear quarter looking like that.
        I paid 10k for it nearly 8 years ago. Its a solid truck, I have not had to do anything to it (mechanically) other than an alternator, two batteries, and the UVC wiring harnesses so I am glad they didn't offer me what I was willing to part with it for...which was 6k. With our three kids and their friends, and the wife uses it for one of her part time jobs (her friend runs a wedding planning business and she enjoys arranging the flowers, they also use it to move a bunch of wedding stuff to and from the weddings) it comes in handy.

Comment

Nice car!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
            Nice car!
            X2 i like it!

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              I paid 10k for it nearly 8 years ago. Its a solid truck, I have not had to do anything to it (mechanically) other than an alternator, two batteries, and the UVC wiring harnesses so I am glad they didn't offer me what I was willing to part with it for...which was 6k. With our three kids and their friends, and the wife uses it for one of her part time jobs (her friend runs a wedding planning business and she enjoys arranging the flowers, they also use it to move a bunch of wedding stuff to and from the weddings) it comes in handy.
              I'll give you $4000 and a half chewed stick of gum.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That SHO is sick!

Comment

I really like those new Taurus'. Livernois is known for making some majic happen with the new EcoBoost SHO's too....Supposidly a tune and exhaust will tip em into the high 12's

BTW - I like the Excursion too....always loved those with the 7.3, and a shitty high mileage one will still pull $8-10K easy. My brother bought one brand new in 01'....he and his family have been all over the country in that thing...hell it's even been across Canada and Alaska....last time I talked to him about it, it had just turned 280K, it's had regular maintenance, a couple alternators, all new front suspension at 200K, and one transmission a little under 200K....but otherwise an outstandingly reliable truck. My brother tows a big ole tractor on a 24' trailer with that thing too....for years now.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    I'll give you $4000 and a half chewed stick of gum.
                    Depends on the flavor...if it still has any

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                      Nice car!
                      Originally posted by JimD View Post
                      X2 i like it!
                      Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                      Nice car!
                      Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
                      That SHO is sick!
                      Thanks! It is good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        I really like those new Taurus'. Livernois is known for making some majic happen with the new EcoBoost SHO's too....Supposidly a tune and exhaust will tip em into the high 12's

BTW - I like the Excursion too....always loved those with the 7.3, and a shitty high mileage one will still pull $8-10K easy. My brother bought one brand new in 01'....he and his family have been all over the country in that thing...hell it's even been across Canada and Alaska....last time I talked to him about it, it had just turned 280K, it's had regular maintenance, a couple alternators, all new front suspension at 200K, and one transmission a little under 200K....but otherwise an outstandingly reliable truck. My brother tows a big ole tractor on a 24' trailer with that thing too....for years now.
                        Hmm....I do like lowered look, but its pretty damn comfortable as is and I am sure lowering it would result in a stiffer ride. I should just leave it alone cause I am sure lowering it would just lead to modifying it more.

Yeah, I plan on owning the Excursion until it dies completely which hopefully wont happen before another 200k. It even gets 18mpg around town, no need to do away with it just yet.
                        Last edited by Duncan; 09-13-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Took the Taurus to the track Friday (11/16/12)

Airaid CAI, everything else is stock;

60ft = 2.1101
                          330ft = 5.7558
                          1/8th = 8.8526
                          mph = 80.16

I will say that I dont care for the FWD based AWD system in these things (on the track anyway). If the front tires spin too much, the computer will not send any power to the rear wheels so you cannot brake boost very high at all (unless there is something wrong with mine...may have it looked at)

Comment

Working...
                          X