Any Great Dane owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
    We presently have 4 Danes. one of the pup (11 months old) has had problems with certain foods. Seems that any "human" food gives her a very soft stool and or the runs.
    Vet suggested a lamb and rice based dog food, and also gave them Purina FortiFlora for occasional bouts.
    I recommend a stool sample to check for a bacterial infection, worms or coccidia, which sources can include being around other infected dogs, roaches and from eating their stool...

Bill

I love your babies!! I want a harli so bad!

Comment

Some nice looking dogs in here.

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
      We presently have 4 Danes.
      You must need a front end loader to get rid of all that poop.

Originally posted by jimithing View Post
      Are the meat scraps you're currently feeding a commerically sold product or something you make at home? Does it have any grains in them?
      The meat scraps were originally commercial, then my wife started making it for him. No grains.

Originally posted by odenspike View Post
      This reminds me one time one of them years ago got the runs bad and it was all over the wall and furniture by the door. Guess he was trying his best to hold it until he exploded since it was during the day with nobody home. Not a pretty thing to come home to!
      I have to replace the carpet in my loft when I get back, the steam cleaner isn't getting the stain out. Super excited.
      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Cute puppies!!! I bet they are a handful!

Harley is a sr. dane, between 9 & 10 and after trying several different types of food she does best on original dog chow. Her weight is great, her poo is solid etc. When we first adopted her she had 2 days of the runs and it was a nightmare. Its like a human without pants having ass plosion!

Comment

[QUOTE=95ragtop;815396]Some nice looking dogs in here.

You must need a front end loader to get rid of all that poop.

the trashmen hate us!!! Whats almost as bad is the girls are diggers. Hell, one of the holes had to have been 4'X4'X4'!! Think I'm going to concrete the backyard and paint it green!!

Bill
          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

not sure if it was posted but have your vet check your dogs blood and shite for any infections.. Great danes are awesome fucking dogs! If i ever get some land ill own another one.. we had one live to be almost 14 which is absolutely insane for a 165lb dane
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
              I didn't know you had a Dane?!?! Where did you get your Harlequin? That's what I want next(color wise.)
              Got it from some breeder in Azle. Yeah she's beautiful.

Comment

When did you get a Dane Joey? Mine has no problems with anything and everything. LOL
                Just stick to one brand of food and he will eventually get use to it.
                Originally posted by Yale
                I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

The dry dog food the longer he was on it the worse he got and then we would switch and the same thing so we tried raw food, which is crazy expensive and it was ok but still not quite right so I tried following a diet I found online that a lady used for her great dane with a sensitive stomach and that didn't work. Now we are back on raw dog food and he still isn't quite better. The vet before couldn't give us an answer besides that great danes have sensitive stomachs. He’s a wonderful dog minus the stomach issues, maybe we will try the vet route again.
                  De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Find a new vet. Do some research in your area for Vets that specialize in Danes, there are usually at least 2 or 3.

Oh and +1 for doing a blood and fecal test to check for bacterial and parasitic problems, it's more common than you want to believe.
                    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
                      When did you get a Dane Joey? Mine has no problems with anything and everything. LOL
                      Just stick to one brand of food and he will eventually get use to it.
                      Got him around January. He isn't a full dane though, looks like 1/2 dane, 1/2 lab, and 1/2 retard. He's a 150%er.
                      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                        Find a new vet. Do some research in your area for Vets that specialize in Danes, there are usually at least 2 or 3.

Oh and +1 for doing a blood and fecal test to check for bacterial and parasitic problems, it's more common than you want to believe.
                        If you can't find a vet check with the local dane rescue group. They have doctors they work with on the newly acquired animals.

Comment

Problem dog now has a growth on his foot. The sandwich maker is taking him to the vet tomorrow, but want to see if anyone here has seen something like this. From searching it looks like it might be Canine Histiocytoma but I'm no vet.

De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Mine has some benign growths on here, so far nothing serious. Hope yours has a good outcome as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X