No announcement yet.

Dumb things you see while driving picture post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else see this gem rolling thru Southlake?

Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
      Anyone else see this gem rolling thru Southlake?
      I don't see the problem? My dad used to haul our boat with a 1971 Plymouth Fury III through the Mojave before SUV's were cool. Never had an issue.

Comment

• I bet back then you could still see behind the boat. I run into these folks every now and then. They are flying blind.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          I don't see the problem? My dad used to haul our boat with a 1971 Plymouth Fury III through the Mojave before SUV's were cool. Never had an issue.
          Not even a comparison dude.
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
            Not even a comparison dude.
            Why?

The Fury would be much lighter, less power, skinnier tires, and then we get to the brakes. Shitty, shitty brakes with no ABS. The suspension is another issue.
            The weight difference between the boats is negligible when thinking about the construction of the cars.

Now, I would never tow a boat with either car. Ever. That shit is not a good idea. I'm fairly certain he was being coy with his post.

Comment

• Wasn't being coy in the slightest. When I lived in Corono, CA we would go to lakes Mead and Powell on a regular basis. We had no need for a truck so "Bertha" had haul duty. Again, SUV's weren't really a thing in the 70's. Cars hauled ski boast just like the one pictured all the time. Cars back then came with tow packages, and yes, they did not have the power or brakes that cars have now. I see no problem with that pic.
              Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              I bet back then you could still see behind the boat. I run into these folks every now and then. They are flying blind.
              My dad used extended mirrors.

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  Wasn't being coy in the slightest. When I lived in Corono, CA we would go to lakes Mead and Powell on a regular basis. We had no need for a truck so "Bertha" had haul duty. Again, SUV's weren't really a thing in the 70's. Cars hauled ski boast just like the one pictured all the time. Cars back then came with tow packages, and yes, they did not have the power or brakes that cars have now. I see no problem with that pic.

My dad used extended mirrors.
                  I wish I had the picture to post, but in the late 70's my dad owned a yellow Grand Prix with honeycomb wheels and used it to tow around his yellow 23 ft ski boat with matching honeycomb wheels on the trailer.

He used to have a picture of it sitting at our families house in Tennessee which means he hauled it all the way there from where he lived in Dallas
                  --Marcus

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Good lord... Took me a while to spot it.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                        I wish I had the picture to post, but in the late 70's my dad owned a yellow Grand Prix with honeycomb wheels and used it to tow around his yellow 23 ft ski boat with matching honeycomb wheels on the trailer.

He used to have a picture of it sitting at our families house in Tennessee which means he hauled it all the way there from where he lived in Dallas
                        My grandfather used to tow a 25' (or so) camping trailer with a mid 70's Ford LTD, without trailer brakes. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          I'm certain this has been posted before, but I believe at the time it had a corvette clip. Now it has this camaro front end, and corvette tail.

Sorry for the odd angle, this was while driving, one handed out the window facing backwards.
                          LOL. I love it. Been seeing this thing around for years now. I think it started as an S-10. It just keeps getting better and better.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            LOL. I love it. Been seeing this thing around for years now. I think it started as an S-10. It just keeps getting better and better.
                            Looks like the handy work of a guy that used to live down the street from me in Arlington- he took a Honda Accord and put a Vette front end and rear end on it- craptacular

Comment

• Oh really??

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• That is SOOOOOOOO bad...... I have no words.
                                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X