66 Coupe Resto 56k warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scootro View Post
    bullshit! you can get 'em all day long for $8 to $10 grand. ford made tons of them
    When I was looking for factory AC/v8 cars, I couldn't find any local in that price. Some literature says that less than 3% were made with factory air. You include the 6 cyl numbers and you figure it's less.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Wat?

I've saved/restored a few cars in my time, and I didn't spend a dime. It takes talent, skill, patience, and hard work. The monetary cost is the easy part.
      I was joking bro...

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Exactly. A million in 2 years. To put that into perspective, under 70K were made in 2011. Like I said, I'm glad somebody did it, but it'd be a lot easier and cheaper to buy one that didn't need half of it's core sheet metal and a chunk of frame rail replaced.
        Also at least this way I don't have to worry about bindi cracking thru a few years from now. I also ended up with the same money in the car, but got to ensure that the work was done to my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
          Nice job, the car looks great in the pics.
          Thanks wish i had a better camera the car looks much better in person

I know the feeling. I would get moving on assembly and completely forget to shoot some pictures. Looking back, I should've shot more of the coupe I restored. The pics go from shell to halfway assembled, and I'm thinking "damn, I missed a lot of steps in my photo documentation".

You did it right, sir. Thanks for saving a poor old tired coupe, the right way.
          Thanks thats exactly how it goes hopefully i can manage to better document the one im currently working on.

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
          Damn, I'm glad somebody is saving them, but I would've left that one for dead. I like the deleted 1/4 and rocker trim, but I think it needs its 289 badges.
          Im sure Hawaii5.0 would have too if he would have know it had that much damage lol

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
          Good work man. Lots of work into it.
          Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
          I have an 05 mustang with a few paint chips...do you think you can handle it?

J/k. Nice work! And way more work than I would have put into that car.
          thanks rafa feels good to know folks can still appreciate restorations.

Originally posted by hawaii5.0 View Post
          I don't think he saved it lol. He didn't spend any money.
          I did save it from the chop block! Told you doing it right is the only way to go.

Wat?

I've saved/restored a few cars in my time, and I didn't spend a dime. It takes talent, skill, patience, and hard work. The monetary cost is the easy part.
          Agreed with that being said its hawaii5.0 car so i think he means ultimately it wasnt me that paid for the repairs. i would have stated it was his in the first post but didnt want to step on any of the advertisers toes or have the mods think i was advertising work. i just wanted to post up another nice coupe saved from the crusher since i know theres more than a few fans of 64-66 cars.

Originally posted by ma67cpe View Post
          Man that is some nice work. Way to turn that stang around. Looks like a solid car now. I like what you did in the trunk. My
          trunk is not done. Did you use a bed liner type material?
          thanks man yeah i used the raptor stuff which works great for this type of stuff.

Comment

Yes SEP you and Blake are right! That car was covered in crap when I bought it. But I thought I got a decent deal on a factory AC/289 coupe since I only paid $1600 and drove it away. Note-the motor had also been rebuilt. And yes SEP, doing it right is the only way to go.

Comment

I was joking bro...

Sorry, I totally misunderstood your post.

Carry on, nice work fellas.

Comment

Sorry, I totally misunderstood your post.

Carry on, nice work fellas.
                It's cool man, I know that things can get a little tense on here sometimes. I saw the thread on your car and it kept me inspired while SEP had my car in pieces (that wasn't the original plan). He told me I'd be happy, but I never would've thought. It's cool to see someone else restoring/driving them.

Comment

Very nice work man!
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Get it color sanded and buffed and it will look good
                    1997 viper gts
                    1986 turbo mustang
                    1987 Buick grand national
                    1972 nova

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
                      Get it color sanded and buffed and it will look good
                      They still call it color sanding in the biz? I thought everyone had changed over to wet sanding...
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Gorgeous ride!!!!
                        ./ ____ _ _\.
                        (]]]_ o _[[[)
                        \o_FORD_o/
                        |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Originally posted by 4.6coupe View Post
                          Gorgeous ride!!!!
                          Thx bro

Comment

It's cool man, I know that things can get a little tense on here sometimes. I saw the thread on your car and it kept me inspired while SEP had my car in pieces (that wasn't the original plan). He told me I'd be happy, but I never would've thought. It's cool to see someone else restoring/driving them.
                            Appreciate it. It just made a 12hr trip to Knoxville, TN for Thanksgiving and averaged 20 mpg. Thank god for the tall ass OD 5th gear we put in it!

Comment

Appreciate it. It just made a 12hr trip to Knoxville, TN for Thanksgiving and averaged 20 mpg. Thank god for the tall ass OD 5th gear we put in it!
                              No joke! You still rolling carb?

Comment

No joke! You still rolling carb?
                                Yup. Ford Racing Crate X306, Holley 650, T-5 and original 8" with trac-loc 3.55.

Comment

Working...
                                X