Dancing is illegal in DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    It is silly they would have to, but honestly, Im glad they passed that ordinance. These are memorials, not a disco. Dont needs kids making out on the steps, dont need people dancing. The same goes for any military memorial, etc.
    And I forgot to add that laws are published and common knowledge.

These people kept asking "what law" the police were enforcing, and the officer did not respond because is not required to.

If these people are so committed to expressing opposition to laws against freedom, I suggest that they go to a third world country and try this and see what happens.

Comment

I agree with the gingerbread on this one. You can even tell the fist cop who came up in the video knew what he was asking was silly, but it's still a law and he was doing his job.
      Just so some of you know who are defending the dancing homos, they are most likely the same liberals you all talk shit about in other threads whenever you disagree on their stance.

Comment

And where is it written police must give a warning?

Several times in the video the protesters are stating "you didn't give me a warning".

So what?

Does anyone get pulled over for speeding and expect the officer to say "It is a violation to exceed the posted limit. This is your warning" and let you go on your way? No, it's common knowledge if you get caught violating a traffic law that you may very well be cited.

The one that gets me is when someone parks downtown in a tow away zone and then complains that they were not warned. Umm, the sign was the warning.

Comment

No Harlem Shake no care.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            OK, lets get this straight.

A group of people go to the Jefferson Memorial to dance and carry out some sort of agenda, are warned, do it anyway, and then some of them get arrested and you guys have a problem with that?
            Were they hurting anyone/thing?
            I visited the Jefferson Memorial back in 1995. I visited the Smithsonian and Arlington National Cemetery over a two day stretch. Not once did I feel like breaking out in dance at any of those places.
            Good for you. Would you like a cookie?
            It appears that a group of people were there for a reason. The reason was to poke the bear and get a response. Surprise! There was a response.
            They were there in relation to a 2008 arrest of a woman, and subsequent court cases.
            They were given warning, and the officer even went up to identify a "leader" and try to give warnings, but the warnings went unheeded. Add to that the fact that when the police go hands on for something that was warned about, others break out in even more dancing. You think this is just a coincidence?
            If I saw someone get arrested for dancing that wasn't hurting anything, I might just join in. It's a stupid fucking rule.
            I'm sure you guys go to work and break rules right in front of your bosses and expect no consequences.
            I disregard all arbitrary rules.
            Is that a silly law/ordinance? It sure seems to be. I'd like to know why the city council/district leaders even made it to begin with. Is this where Footloose came from?
            I agree with this whole statement.
            There is a time/place/method for questioning authority. This is not the way to do it.
            And what would the correct way be?
            After seeing their buddies get arrested, they start badgering the officers. One guy even has a shirt with "DISOBEY" on it. You still think this whole incident was just a coincidence?
            I know it wasn't a coincidence, I also never said it wasn't.
            Last edited by racrguy; 02-11-2013, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              Were they hurting anyone/thing?

Good for you. Would you like a cookie?

They were there in relation to a 2008 arrest of a woman, and subsequent court cases.

If I saw someone get arrested for dancing that wasn't hurting anything, I might just join in. It's a stupid fucking rule.

I disregard all arbitrary rules.

I agree with this whole statement.

And what would the correct way be?

I know it wasn't a coincidence, I also never said it wasn't.
              It appears from your response that you don't nor ever will understand.

Comment

I think he wants to fight you.

Comment

I would be right along with them getting arrested! Thats BS, And those officers are morons for inforcing such a dumb ass law. You would think they could have been cool about it & said. Look we got a call & I dont want to take you guys to jail. But our boss's are watching or I wouldnt give two shits about it. But those officers took their job serious & where on a power trip clearly, They went there to arrest somone. I just dont think they knew they would be arresting that many people. Good for those people for standing together & going to jail together. This is the problem with America, To many LAWS that are uneeded & have no point
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Seb, and are you kidding? The guy was somewhat nice and told them multiple times that dancing was not acceptable and they kept going despite their warning. They kept taunting the officers knowing damn well the rules. Also, they should never tell the public (especially in public) and that a law is bs as it is there job to uphold it regardless of their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      Seb, and are you kidding? The guy was somewhat nice and told them multiple times that dancing was not acceptable and they kept going despite their warning. They kept taunting the officers knowing damn well the rules. Also, they should never tell the public (especially in public) and that a law is bs as it is there job to uphold it regardless of their opinion.
                      Oh I agree, They should have just left! But that law is just DUMB
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

What is there to understand? It's a stupid rule. Should you dance at the Jefferson Memorial? No. You shouldn't be ticketed/arrested for it either.

Are you having a hard time understanding personal liberties?

Comment

What is there to understand? It's a stupid rule. Should you dance at the Jefferson Memorial? No. You shouldn't be ticketed/arrested for it either.

Are you having a hard time understanding personal liberties?
                          Quit being such a hard headed moron. There's a time/place for dancing, and obviously that isn't the place. Going there and dancing knowing you shouldn't or dancing after being warned is tempting fate.

Play stupid games, win an night in jail.

What's so hard about that?

If you don't like it, petition the lawmakers. Don't risk being arrested for something this damn stupid. If these idiots spent half the effort on something worth while, maybe they could make a real difference in the world.

Comment

Quit being such a hard headed moron. There's a time/place for dancing, and obviously that isn't the place. Going there and dancing knowing you shouldn't or dancing after being warned is tempting fate.

Play stupid games, win an night in jail.

What's so hard about that?

If you don't like it, petition the lawmakers. Don't risk being arrested for something this damn stupid. If these idiots spent half the effort on something worth while, maybe they could make a real difference in the world.
                            The same could have been said for Rosa Parks.

Comment

Hand Clap!
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Yes, because obviously this dancing law was written to keep white people from dancing.

Did you see any blacks arrested for it?

This has NOTHING to do with discrimination, or rights based on race.

You are apples to oranges in your comparison, and not even in the same ball park.

Seb, you might want to hold off on that clap.

Comment

Working...
                                X