I'm infatuated with the late 60's / early 70's 200 series Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    Oh, it just looks like hammered dog shit.
    I thought so too. I was hoping you werent going to say "best part of the whole car dawg" or some bullshit. See my post #102.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
      I thought so too. I was hoping you werent going to say "best part of the whole car dawg" or some bullshit. See my post #102.
      Shit, I thought I was about to get flamed for pointing that shit out.

I can decide on the black trim. I'm pretty sure I hate the everloving hell out of it, but it's almost interesting.

Comment

• I like lowered cars about as much as anybody, but I'm struggling to get into the intentional ridiculous camber thing. At the end of the day it just looks like a car in a junkyard set up on some old wheels.

And yes I understand the MB is a swingarm car, but if you're already doing a shitload of suspension work, swap in an 8" Ford and weld up a four-link.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• I give a pass on old bugs, but anything else it looks like shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            I like lowered cars about as much as anybody, but I'm struggling to get into the intentional ridiculous camber thing. At the end of the day it just looks like a car in a junkyard set up on some old wheels.

And yes I understand the MB is a swingarm car, but if you're already doing a shitload of suspension work, swap in an 8" Ford and weld up a four-link.
            I agree with you. I will be bagging one or leaving it alone. I dont care if the back wheel gets some crazy camber when it is layed out, since I would be airing up to drive.

Maybe a jag rear end would work better, but fuck a bunch of that.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Shit, I thought I was about to get flamed for pointing that shit out.

I can decide on the black trim. I'm pretty sure I hate the everloving hell out of it, but it's almost interesting.
              Heh, I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. Not a big fan of it either, I just liked the paint scheme and stance.

It would look better if the rear was tucked minimal, as in:

Originally posted by Baron View Post

Photobucket

Comment

• There's one I pass by all the time near me. I stopped by and got some pics and info. today for you.
                73' Mercedes 280 Inline 6
                Said it's been sitting for a few years, but he charged the battery and let it run a few weeks ago, and started it today for me.
                He said asking $1,500
                I asked if $1,500 was firm or o.b.o he hesitated, so I said, bring cash and you'll talk, he said yes.
                Had the title there.
                PM me if you want his contact info.

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 03-18-2013, 08:09 PM.
                2 Chronicles 7:14
                If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

• I never paid any attention to these cars and now all of a sudden I am seeing them.

Comment

• Damn uponone, that's cool of you. I'll hit you up hopefully this weekend, I may have to go check it out, even though it's not a quad lamp.

Edit: does the sign in the background say what I think it says?

Comment

• I didn't even realize the headlights, yeah the quad lamps look better. The sign says DJ Auto Repair, I always drive by there and figured I'd stop after I saw your thread.
                      He said it had a new radiator, but had been sitting for a few years. He started it and was throttling it which always confuses me, start a car that has been sitting or cold and just rev the snot out of it,.. makes sense.
                      2 Chronicles 7:14
                      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                        I didn't even realize the headlights, yeah the quad lamps look better. The sign says DJ Auto Repair, I always drive by there and figured I'd stop after I saw your thread.
                        He said it had a new radiator, but had been sitting for a few years. He started it and was throttling it which always confuses me, start a car that has been sitting or cold and just rev the snot out of it,.. makes sense.
                        I am DJ. I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes.

Comment

• I drove by that car today, small world

Comment

• Saw this today...

Comment

• Odd.

Comment

• "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X