Fellow DFWM Member's Impalla SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    Never understood the fascination with these cars honestly.
    To each his own.

Originally posted by UserX View Post
    I can see that coming from a Mustang enthusiast. It can't be an easy thing getting smoked by grandpa's car rolling four deep. I pissed off so many Mustang owners back in the day.
    I drove the 93-95 Caprice Classic PD package with the LT1, and they were fun cars. I had one at 146 during a motorcycle pursuit on the west loop before I got pucker factor and pulled out. The problems with these cars is that they ran hot and the cars lost the temper in the front springs causing sag.

In the summer while stopped on hot blacktop, you had to open the hood to ventilate the car to be able to keep the engine running (to power the lights).

These are just Caprices with different badges.
    With a few minor changes, yes. Kinda like a Marauder is a rebadged Crown Vic.

Comment

But the engine in a Marauder couldn't be had in any other Panther car where as the LT1 could be had in the Caprice.
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

For some reason I have taken a real liking in those lately, only bad part is either they have been fucked up with 30'' wheels, or all original and people want 10k for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i know thats right. i almost cried when my 96 gt auto got smoked by one back in like 97

god bless.
          If it was a vert with 2.73's you would have lost to a v6.

Comment

Eric, while your 740 was a "full size" sedan, it wasn't anything like these old boats. A couch on wheels that can haul ass and hold a ton of huge subs in the trunk... Yum!

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
              Eric, while your 740 was a "full size" sedan, it wasn't anything like these old boats. A couch on wheels that can haul ass and hold a ton of huge subs in the trunk... Yum!

LOL, that is EXACTLY what the 740 was like, dude! DOHC European V8 with so much leg room in the back seats even YOU could stretch out and a pretty badass factory audio set up and a massive trunk. lolz

Comment

Looks slow, mine ran 10.80's with a stock LT1

i hope it was faster than that at that track
                http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                  i hope it was faster than that at that track
                  Faster than a 10.80??

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                    Faster than a 10.80??
                    It was an 1/8th mile track (Denton). My fastest time there was 7.01 @ 99.

I cut my best ever 60' there though, 1.51 which is bookin' for a 4,200 lb car with a stock suspension.

Comment

It was an 1/8th mile track (Denton). My fastest time there was 7.01 @ 99.

I cut my best ever 60' there though, 1.51 which is bookin' for a 4,200 lb car with a stock suspension.

That's impressive as hell.

Comment

That's impressive as hell.
                        Thanks, man. I was pretty proud of it at the time, had a lot of fun with it.

Comment

Where are the underhood pics?
                          None. Owner said it wasn't anything special and wasn't clean.
                          Nothing cool as far as a car goes, but if you want photos of your ride...I can handle that. Check out my Facebook page if you're bored.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                            So who on this board has had sex in the back seat of this impala?
                            Someone with an extremely low post count.
                            Nothing cool as far as a car goes, but if you want photos of your ride...I can handle that. Check out my Facebook page if you're bored.

Comment

Originally posted by bradttu View Post
                              THE cleanest SS of this era you'll ever see. 50,XXX original miles.
                              Originally posted by bradttu View Post
                              None. Owner said it wasn't anything special and wasn't clean.
                              So, which one is it?

Comment

So, which one is it?
                                lol touche'.

Comment

Working...
                                X