Oh the good ol days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

Huxley was right. We as a society place almost no emphasis on intellectualism (we condemn it), becoming a technocracy, the elimination of religion, and we stopped dreaming. We reached the moon in 1969, and looked to the future as a utopia and expected to be on Mars by now. Then we had people who admired scientists and technologists, now we have people who admire the wastes of carbon on reality TV, shows that glamorize becoming pregnant at age 16, and approval of indecent lifestyles is rampant and supported.

We were hunters and foragers for thousands of years, and now factors that enable a sedentary lifestyle have made us lethargic. We are an adaptable species, and in this instance this fact has harmed us.
    There has also been a destruction of the family unit. Boys can't grow into men when women raise them and a dad isn't present to bust their ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      There has also been a destruction of the family unit. Boys can't grow into men when women raise them and a dad isn't present to give them an example of what a man is or bust their ass.
      Ftfy Also, whan boys don't have a father to emulate, the grow up to be grown boys, not men. Our society is saturated by this new phenomena.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        There has also been a destruction of the family unit. Boys can't grow into men when women raise them and a dad isn't present to bust their ass.
        I think I'm pretty manly even though I was mainly raised by my mother until she passed away.
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Working...
        X