No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my 280 is being sent back to Helipal for a rebuild or replacement. I eventually got the shaking out and then got the radio to communicate again. Set it in my shop and got it 1' off the ground and then it started to shake real bad and then went full power and slammed into the celing. Took out all the props and I think hurt a couple motors and cracked the CF frame. Dont know what the hell happened but it was after they sent me a UAV file to try out. Good thing I am one of their test dummies. LOL
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      Well my 280 is being sent back to Helipal for a rebuild or replacement. I eventually got the shaking out and then got the radio to communicate again. Set it in my shop and got it 1' off the ground and then it started to shake real bad and then went full power and slammed into the celing. Took out all the props and I think hurt a couple motors and cracked the CF frame. Dont know what the hell happened but it was after they sent me a UAV file to try out. Good thing I am one of their test dummies. LOL
      so you saying that I have more time with the body?

Comment

• Id say a week maybe 10 days and i should have the new one back.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• This blows. The head dude that i was working with at Helipal must no longer be there. The person I am dealling with now has evaded the "Where is jacky" question 6 times now. He said he will get mine taken care of but Jacky was the guy who made the killer UAV files. This guy sounded like there was no way an SRD280 can perform even close to the SRD250.

Well why not? It only weighs 12 grams more, has the exact same motors, props and ESCs, has the same flight computer, a more advanced radio system and its battery is the COG so it should be fairly easy to export those settings into the 280 and have 9/10ths the performance.

At any rate it goes back to Hong Kong tomorrow.

Comment

• that's crazy.

Comment

• Well Matt knocked it out of the park. Thing looks really killer now. I added a couple more warning decals to it so I will do another couple flat coats to blend them in but its just what I wanted. Cant wait to see how the strobes and flood lights look after my friend Chris is done with the remote lighting.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 09-03-2015, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• That is wicked awesome. You're going to freak some people out.

Comment

• Man, I'm so glad you like it. I have to admit, a few times during the build I was sure I was going to disappoint. It wasn't until I had it in clear that I even liked it.
                  Can't wait to see it with all the lights on it.

Comment

• Through everyone off Sunday when I showed up at the field with two store bought planes. lol
                    I did bring one of my scratch built B-17's but still one out of three is not like me.

Comment

• color me proud

Comment

• Got my Morph tricopter finished and working. I have a bent prop right now so theres a bit of a vibration right now, but once I put some balanced props on there this thing should shoot some sweet video.

Comment

• You are one creative SOB! I am always so impressed with what you do with building from scratch thus allowing you to enjoy this hobby for pennies on the dollar. Very talented dude.

Still love how great my quad turned out. I should drive up one weekend so we can go flying. Ill bring both my 250 class ones and we can have some fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                            You are one creative SOB! I am always so impressed with what you do with building from scratch thus allowing you to enjoy this hobby for pennies on the dollar. Very talented dude.

Still love how great my quad turned out. I should drive up one weekend so we can go flying. Ill bring both my 250 class ones and we can have some fun.
                            heck ya on coming up here to fly. We are trying to get a little local racing going. Also the tri is not scratch built. It's a kit from Woodies Hobbies. It can be set up as regular quad, an A tail, or a tri. Best part is being made out of wood you can have a lot of fun with paint.

Comment

• well this was my first time at chasing an airplane.

Comment

• Awesome footage, what fpv setup are you using? how well does it work?
                                Big Rooster Racing
                                1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Working...
                                X