No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My model skills are nowhere near yours. You make cool shit from scratch. I open a web page and say "Shut up and take my money!"

But I cant paint or do wood work or yard work for shit. Always been the things I am worst at. Actually I cant glue shit together as well. Its like a curse.

I just want the shell to look bad ass.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      My model skills are nowhere near yours. You make cool shit from scratch. I open a web page and say "Shut up and take my money!"

But I cant paint or do wood work or yard work for shit. Always been the things I am worst at. Actually I cant glue shit together as well. Its like a curse.

I just want the shell to look bad ass.
      well, if you let me paint it for you it will keep me from buying one. Soooo painting yours for free will save me money. lol

Comment

• They are only $500 and look to have a much better radio now. I am unfamiliar with it but it looks cool.

I ordered mine body in white with no decals. Should be a good canvas.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• If anyone's interested, we are having an unlimited pylon race in Denton tomorrow. any rc aircraft can enter. 10 laps a race, double elimination, come watch, or enter to race.

$5 to race
          $5 for lunch

Hard hat required if you’re racing.
          Pilot meeting 9am
          Racing starts at 9:30

A radio control flying club open for all located in Denton Texas

Comment

• Alright, its here and needs attitude. When can I send the body to you? LOL

Comment

• This steel blue with battle scars would look killer!

Comment

• can't wait man. It's going to look killer! That is unless I screw it up.

Comment

• I have faith in you Matt.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

• sure you do, it's not your parts I'm painting! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      can't wait man. It's going to look killer! That is unless I screw it up.
                      I have seen your skillz. I haz the faith.

Gonna be killer. Deciding if I want to do more than just spot lights and the flashing light bar on top.

Comment

• my battery wont last 10 laps
                        sigpic

Comment

• Try the Turnigy Nano-Techs. I always get a solid minute more flight time at same power ratings.

Comment

• Well the body is slowly getting there. Got the base down with the scars and body lines. Now to add a few blast marks and add on the warning decals and numbers then it gets a candied blue mist coat and then a flat clear coat. After that its off to my buddy Chris for some cool remote spot lights and flashers. I flew it for the first time today bodyless and it needs some CC3D tweaking. Has a hitch in clockwise rolls and is sometimes slow to respond plus it has a list to the starboard side and a tendency to list forward as well and thats with it being properly balanced. It was the prototype so I have to see if they have an updated file for it they can send me. Getting excited though as I think its really going to look neat when done.

Thanks Matt for the work you are doing on that body. After the decals and numbers and blue tinting I think its just gonna look spectacular. After the lights and stuff are completed its going for some professional pics to be added to their website and possible go ino RC Modler magazine.

I also made some other small changes like moving the VTx and adding a blue beam antenna. I also relocated the Rx antenna a bit. I then removed the lights from the top of the ams to the front and back for better visibility. It will soon have remote flood lamps for up front and the flashers on top so it should be pretty cool looking when done.

Last edited by LaserSVT; 08-09-2015, 04:47 AM.

Comment

• Thanks man, I would have been able to finish it this weekend but had to take an emergency trip to Houston. turn around come back and put an engine in my dads mustang. Long ass weekend. I'll get back on it tomorrow.

Comment

• Man this is real upsetting. I just flew this thing yesterday and it was just fine. Has a hitch when doing a right roll where it hangs inverted for a split second before it will come back around and the controls are way too dumbed down in the first two modes so I talked to Helipal about it and they sent me the most current UAV file as well as the last update. Mine had the first gen file and like an idiot I forgot to save it. I loaded both files Helipal sent me and both have the same issue. You get a foot off the ground and it starts to shake pretty bad. You can power out and it seems fine and cut power to drop altitude and its fine but when you go to give it power for a stable hover it just shakes like crazy. That and the controls are garbage now. No matter what mode when it starts to yaw in any direction it takes a lot of work to get it level again and the reactions are very very slow. Had to do a couple emergency landings in the yard. Luckily the quad was only 2' up.

Not sure what the hell is going on. My other quads fly fine but the SRD280 uses a different radio and settings in the CC3D so i dont want to load a file on one of my other quads computers and install it on this one only to find issues with the files that are hurting the CC3Ds.

Comment

Working...
                                X