Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting ready for an event Saturday.

Comment

• Saturday was fun, did a ton of flying. I even got 4 flights in on my School bus. On the 4th flight shortly after takeoff the left motor mount failed and the motor broke free from the wing. The plane rolled 90 degrees and pitched over nose in at about 20ft off the ground. I cut the power and pulled back hard on the elevator. I managed to level out and glide in for a fairly soft (all things considered) crash landing. I bent the front axle, and broke off half the front bumper. We never found the left motor.
      After taking it home and thinking on it for a while I am going to spend some time reworking the bus. I really do like flying it, and everyone who sees it loves it.
      I'm going to replace both motors with the goal a ton more power. I'm going with bigger props too. Also I'll be adding a second 4000 milliamp 4 14.8 volt battery for longer flight times. Cosmetically I am going to finish painting the windows, and I will spend some time detailing the under carriage. I want to make the under side of the bus look more realistic. I also plan on finally adding lights and such to it. My original plan was for the bus to have front wheel steering, but I've still not come up with a good light strong way to do that.

Comment

• Comment

• The planes you build, a beginner could get into, get their practice and crashes before getting into something more expensive. Looks like a blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
            The planes you build, a beginner could get into, get their practice and crashes before getting into something more expensive. Looks like a blast.
            That's exactly the point! I've only got about 300 in the bus. For a 12ft airplane that's not a lot.

Comment

• there's about 100 in the b17.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  Well Matt knocked it out of the park. Thing looks really killer now. I added a couple more warning decals to it so I will do another couple flat coats to blend them in but its just what I wanted. Cant wait to see how the strobes and flood lights look after my friend Chris is done with the remote lighting.
                  Laser,

How is this 280 coming? Been thinking about ordering one from helipad myself.

Comment

• Been working on this for about a week now. It's almost done, I hope to have it flying by next weekend.

Comment

• That's awesome!

Comment

• for those still interested enough to click on this thread, I got some good flights in Sunday with the newly improved Barbie Bus. I replaced the motors (again) and had to switch prop sizes. I also replaced a few of the top and bottom panels, and added a bomb bay door.
                        Sunday morning my little girl grabbed two of her favorite Barbie dolls and we went to the field. Flights went well, and we got some half way good video. Unfortunately I accidently rendered it in 480 instead of 1080, I'll re-render it this week for my youtube channel, but for now enjoy my crappy video.

Comment

• Good Gawd that bus is massive!

Comment

• Where is the treadmill?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                              Good Gawd that bus is massive!
                              ya and thats a problem as of right now. I need to get it to a fly in this Saturday and I don't have a vehicle big enough yet for a 30 mile drive with it.

Comment

• anyone want to loan me a van?

Comment

Working...
                                X