No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought one of those Nano 3Ds the other day just for fun. Damn thing is a blast!

But in typical "Squirrel!" fashion I saw my buddies RC truck drive around and figured its been almost 20 years since I has an RC car and went nuts on a full 4WD stadium truck running brushless. lol
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
      I bought one of those Nano 3Ds the other day just for fun. Damn thing is a blast!

But in typical "Squirrel!" fashion I saw my buddies RC truck drive around and figured its been almost 20 years since I has an RC car and went nuts on a full 4WD stadium truck running brushless. lol
      nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
        ah the kid needs her Sunday donuts.

did you honk or wave or something?
        Nah, just stared awkwardly and almost wrecked.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Nah, just stared awkwardly and almost wrecked.
          did you hear the new exhaust?

Comment

• No, you were just walking out as I drove by, my wife thinks I'm a weirdo because I knew it was you. What did you get?

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              did you hear the new exhaust?
              Have you posted a video of the exhaust yet?

Comment

No, you were just walking out as I drove by, my wife thinks I'm a weirdo because I knew it was you. What did you get?
                corsa extreme, got it from Diablo Rojo.

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                Have you posted a video of the exhaust yet?
                not yet, we have to get some driving around shots so you can hear it better. I'll do it this weekend seeing as I'll finally have time. The wife drives it to work and we've been working crazy, but different hours. I finally have the weekends off.

Comment

• Awesome!!, we will have to meet up sometime soon in Denton or something.

Comment

Awesome!!, we will have to meet up sometime soon in Denton or something.
                    sure thing, I've noticed around here 15+stang owners are more like Jeep people than other mustang owners. They wave and stuff. Where as the older stangs (specifically 99-04) will mean mug you.

Comment

• Damnit! Got my RC truck in this afternoon. Having had several dozen RC cars in the past I decided instructions were for chumps. Never had an electric RC car with a clutch I just slapped the batteries in and went and drove it like I stole it.... till it stopped. Got the clutch so hot it melted the spur gear. lol
                      Thing is insane (to me) fast. Punch it at 30mph and the nose goes up. From box open to broken gear on desk, 15 minutes.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• sounds like a badass 15 minutes.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          sounds like a badass 15 minutes.
                          This thing is the fastest RC car I ever drove. And stable as fuck! Thing has adjustable ABS and stability control. Just nuts. After a couple minutes of not being able to keep the nose down I noticed it had an adjustable wheelie bar as it slammed into my ankle. Once I set that it was a rocket ship out of the hole. After a half dozen runs up and down the street at flank speed I noticed it losing acceleration. Hitting the brakes a couple times it didnt stop too well and then didnt want to move. Thats when i saw the smoke.

Once you let the magic smoke out they stop working I guess. lol

So much melted plastic all over the clutch and crank position sensor that I think they are hurt too so I just overnighted a complete set.

Comment

• I switched my SC10 to 3s. I've broken it every time I've driven it since, but will not go back to 2s.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                              This thing is the fastest RC car I ever drove. And stable as fuck! Thing has adjustable ABS and stability control. Just nuts. After a couple minutes of not being able to keep the nose down I noticed it had an adjustable wheelie bar as it slammed into my ankle. Once I set that it was a rocket ship out of the hole. After a half dozen runs up and down the street at flank speed I noticed it losing acceleration. Hitting the brakes a couple times it didnt stop too well and then didnt want to move. Thats when i saw the smoke.

Once you let the magic smoke out they stop working I guess. lol

So much melted plastic all over the clutch and crank position sensor that I think they are hurt too so I just overnighted a complete set.
                              So did you assemble it wrong or something causing that?
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                So did you assemble it wrong or something causing that?
                                Its a built truck. But I didnt read the manual. You are supposed to not hammer on it for the first pack pair. Just have some fun for a few minutes, let the clutch cool, tighten a quarter turn, drive some more and repeat till the battery is dead. I didnt do that. I puttered in the grass on the front lawn for 30 seconds and then hammered it down the street and used the brakes hard (which is just the motor dragging and the clutch semi-grabbing) and messed it up.
                                Total user error. I have never had an RC car of this caliber before.

Comment

Working...
                                X