No announcement yet.

4bangen's official rc tread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, you have the mamba motor? Is it the monster? You have to get all metal gears for that one, Its just too powerful. I have the MMM in a stadium tuck and it will do a full backflip at 50mph if you punch it. Nobody believes me until they see it. There is literally no point/speed that you cant get it up on the back wheels. I could tone it down a tad if I would run it on anything less than 6s but thats just not as fun.

Comment

• Yeah I ordered the metal gear set. I know this thing can run 6S but so far 4S is nuts enough. Im sure after I get the new clutch set in and the metal gears I will end up wanting 6S. lol
      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Oh I think this is cool as shit! Can do all the settings from my phone or tablet and it has real time telemetry!

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• That is bad ass, With the castle MMM that I have I have to plug into the assistant to adjust stuff. Before I ever dropped this motor in I bought upgrade everything and installed all at once. Its held up very well so far.

Comment

• Slammed the dang rc truck into a curb so hard it shattered the shock mounts. Being we have a race at the 4th party tomorrow I went 60 miles to find a new tower but everyone was closed or out. Then at the last minute on of my buddies I am racing said he has a parts truck i can have and has good mounts! Yippie!!!

Now good as new!

Comment

• So as usual I went full retard on this truck. Decided to make it bulletproof and fast. Ordered a set of 3S batteries with a 300 amp continuous discharge rate, aluminum shock towers with aluminum mounts, bulkhead braces, beefed up skid plates, aluminum chassis braces, aluminum knuckles (plastic stocks just cant hold inner bearings tight enough), front sway bar, remote reservoir shocks, RPM stronger plastic control arms, steel gears, larger rubber wheelie bar tires with bearings, titanium (yes, titanium) bumpers and a dedicated cooling system for the motor so I dont melt it on 6S runs which should be good for 70 on my ring/pinion set.
              Also ordered a replacement (stockish) body as mine is shot (but will run it till I flip it less) and a really nice Ford Raptor body with Monster energy drink graphics.

Comment

• I am such an impatient man. The body, metal gears, titanium bumpers and new shocks arrived and I couldnt wait to install them. granted i cant drive it as i forgot to get shock oil. lol That and I dont wanna kill the new body. Once the sway bars arrive I should have less flips on the street.

New:

Old

Comment

• Jeez, that looks pricey. I still have my old RC10 stuff.
                  Last edited by Jimbo; 07-07-2016, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    Ahh, you have the mamba motor? Is it the monster? You have to get all metal gears for that one, Its just too powerful. I have the MMM in a stadium tuck and it will do a full backflip at 50mph if you punch it. Nobody believes me until they see it. There is literally no point/speed that you cant get it up on the back wheels. I could tone it down a tad if I would run it on anything less than 6s but thats just not as fun.
                    Nice. I believe it, electric stuff is crazy now.

We should start a general RC thread, so as not to clutter 4Bangen's up.

Last edited by Jimbo; 07-07-2016, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                      Nice. I believe it, electric stuff is crazy now.

We should start a general RC thread, so as not to clutter 4Bangen's up.

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=65651
                      Good idea sir. Sorry banger. I get super gung ho about shit for a bit until I get bored with it. lol

Comment

• 4Banger! I need to meet up so we can fly together. Have this fun foamie on the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                          4Banger! I need to meet up so we can fly together. Have this fun foamie on the way.

heck ya

Comment

• Shes here! Now I just have to wait for the radio to arrive. I got a micro version (also brushless) so i can re-hone my flight skills. I dont want to crash this beautiful war-bird. Cant stop staring at it, just so pretty. Never had one with retracts and flaps or a flight stability system.

Comment

• I've been quiet for a while here, but haven't been resting on my haunches.

I finished the build on my big B-29, and maidened it.

she fly's well. I've been working on covering it in silver. it's starting to look pretty good.

Also I snapped this picture yesterday. I've got a thing for b-17's.

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X