No announcement yet.

Lifted the Bronco...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how the black wheels/tires go with the topper look.

Craig, just don't get too cocky in the mud with All Terrains. They ball up in thick mud and you end up driving on marshmallows. You can get stuck on level ground.

The voids in AT tires aren't big enough to eject the mud.

Comment

What kit did you go with? What shocks? How's it ride?

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

Craig, just don't get too cocky in the mud with All Terrains. They ball up in thick mud and you end up driving on marshmallows. You can get stuck on level ground.

Solid advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Save some money, and drive it out to Vegas.

Looks awesome dude.
          Yeah, no.. Haha.

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

Yeah, this isn't a mudding truck, and I have seen a number of people complain about the tires in heavy mud.

Comment

Originally posted by FRider View Post
            What kit did you go with? What shocks? How's it ride?
            It's from Rough Country. The kit came with off brand shocks they slapped their name on. Hydro something or other. There are also options for upgrading. They actually did not send the mounting hardware and bushings for all of the shocks so I only have two of theirs on right now but the rest of the stuff should be arriving today. The ride feels about the same as is but my old tires were squishy and bouncy where these BFG's have stiffer sidewalls. I think it is going to ride great once the other 4 shocks are switched.

I bought the kit directly from Rough Country and they shipped same day with it arriving 2 days later. Their parent company has been involved with offroading for decades and the kit actually looks exactly like the Superlift kit (the brackets and such).

Their instructions completely suck ass though, so if you get something from them and it's your first time tearing into your specific vehicle make sure you have a Haynes or something as a back-up. I had to use the Haynes and FullSizeBronco.com as resources and that was one of teh big factors in it taking so long.

Fit was good though, other than having to drill a few holes and grinding off 6 rivets all of the bolt holes lined up well (I think I had to reem a millimeter out of 2 holes on one radius arm bracket.)

Comment

Looks good. I had been looking for a bronco for awhile but recently bought a k5 blazer. I like the broncos more modern styling and int. Just one word of advice from my last bronco build BIG TRANS COOLER FTW If you don't already have one. Especially if it has the electronic OD trans (e4od?) We need some DFWMUSTANGS trail rides!

Comment

Originally posted by sickpony View Post
                Looks good. I had been looking for a bronco for awhile but recently bought a k5 blazer. I like the broncos more modern styling and int. Just one word of advice from my last bronco build BIG TRANS COOLER FTW If you don't already have one. Especially if it has the electronic OD trans (e4od?) We need some DFWMUSTANGS trail rides!
                It's just an AOD behind a 302. I want to at least put a remote filter on it but so far I haven't done any serious offroading with it and realistically my interest is more along the lines of trail stuff over mudding and rock crawling type stuff. Not to say it wouldn't be a good idea though.

We're planning on doing a weekend trip later in the month with an Expo / Overland group but that may not even require us to go in 4wd with a couple minor exceptions.

I like the K5's, styling and all.

Comment

Where is the snorkel??

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Where is the snorkel??
                    No need, I won't be in water deep enough to need it.

Comment

Looks good. I was waiting for the pics to get posted up. Wish I could've stayed longer to help.

Give Kat and me a heads up when y'all do some trail riding. We need to get her Blazer out and see what it can do.
                      --Marcus

Comment

Mono or twin tube shocks? Also if you like the black wheels, you should ditch those steel boat anchors and get some of these...

Rough Country makes good lifts, it was between that and Rubicon Express for my TJ. You need to bring that thing out to Bridgeport and come do some wheeling with us one weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                          Mono or twin tube shocks? Also if you like the black wheels, you should ditch those steel boat anchors and get some of these...

Rough Country makes good lifts, it was between that and Rubicon Express for my TJ. You need to bring that thing out to Bridgeport and come do some wheeling with us one weekend!
                          Just mono's. No crazy wheeling for me right now anyways, I will look at upgrading additional stuff later on. Right now the budget is tapped on the current mods.

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                            Looks good. I was waiting for the pics to get posted up. Wish I could've stayed longer to help.

Give Kat and me a heads up when y'all do some trail riding. We need to get her Blazer out and see what it can do.
                            Will do. The bad thing about that bracket that you helped me with is that I had to take it back off again to do the other side, because the instructions were written by morons.

Comment

Took some updated pics.. Bronco is for sale.

Comment

why you sailing?
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X