No announcement yet.

Let's play "Count the stereotypes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I want to know is who is the fucking idiot who sold it to her? Did he really believe the hood rat would pay for it? He's just as much an idiot. The vehicle is the only one suffering in this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      What I want to know is who is the fucking idiot who sold it to her? Did he really believe the hood rat would pay for it? He's just as much an idiot. The vehicle is the only one suffering in this scenario.
      I have heard some of these tote-the-note lots will sooner sell a vehicle lower to certain people because there is a better chance they will get the vehicle back by repossession and they can sell that same car a few times over.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
        I have heard some of these tote-the-note lots will sooner sell a vehicle lower to certain people because there is a better chance they will get the vehicle back by repossession and they can sell that same car a few times over.

I know a few lots like that. I've found repoing to be a real pain in the ass. Last guy I hired took a solid week, wanted me to track the car and notify him when it was in a place that could be repoed, and tried to charge me $300. I did it myself and fired his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          Against federal law to discriminate based on location/race/etc. As long as they meet the credit criteria.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Against federal law to discriminate based on location/race/etc. As long as they meet the credit criteria.
            So common sense is illegal sometimes

Comment

she probably got a big income tax return and paid the big down payment at these tote the note places, the down payment they ask is normally the price they paid for the car at auctions then the payments are just profit.
              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Originally posted by Country cracker View Post
                she probably got a big income tax return and paid the big down payment at these tote the note places, the down payment they ask is normally the price they paid for the car at auctions then the payments are just profit.
                Eh, no. Most no credit check lots run $500 down because no one can afford anything more than that. It takes me a few months to recoup my initial investment. There is actually a shit ton of risk for the lot.

Hell, just had a steady payer leave the state. The hitch they were using to tow my truck broke up in Wichita Falls. Now it's at an impound yard up there I have to go retrieve the bastard, PLUS pay for the fucking impound fees.

Comment

I have two "Tote The Note" dealers that I work on their cars. They both said how much it sucks when someone don't pay and that is why both of them had to spend big bucks on a tow rig and trailer due to the out of state retrievals. I do know both of them require at least 1/3 of what they paid as a down payment. They are the only two places like that I will work on their cars because they allow me to actually fix the problems. Few other places asked me to do all kinds of "rigging" and I just refused. I am not going to half ass a fix so they can make more money. I am going to fix it right with the correct parts or I will just refuse the job.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

That's what separates a shithead like this from a respectable responsible person who pays their debts. If you have shitty credit and a bad reputation for paying debts, you shouldn't even be able to make payments. They should make you pay in full only. And I'm talking about these scumbags who make it a career, not your down on your luck at one time and trying to make it up.
                    Last edited by Trip McNeely; 07-27-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X