GT350 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!
    Autoblog brings you car news; expert reviews of cars, trucks, crossovers and SUVs; and pictures and video. Research and compare vehicles, find local dealers, calculate loan payments, find your car's book value and get a service estimate at Autoblog.com.

Comment

Looks almost like a Nissan GT-R in that color in a few of those shots LOL

Comment

It's getting its own motor... and it's a flat-planed crank! This is hopefully going to be Cosworth-worthy!

5.2 N/A flat-planed V8? I bet that'll be able to spin its ass off!

Comment

Price tag of atleast 55k i bet

Comment

Not sure why but I really like it in those images, could be the suddle touches they did to the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
              Price tag of atleast 55k i bet
              It's defiantly going to be up there. Ford just sparked my interest with this thing. This is the only vehicle with this engine at the moment, so they're going to have to recoop some of the cost of the R&D on it.

Comment

They could have at least shown a non-CGI video of it.
                class joke
                {
                private:
                char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
                double Peas, Carrots;
                string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
                };

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                  It's defiantly going to be up there. Ford just sparked my interest with this thing. This is the only vehicle with this engine at the moment, so they're going to have to recoop some of the cost of the R&D on it.
                  hopefully it will prove to be a solid motor, that if possible, could handle some good amount of boost. In the n/a form i hope it isnt plagued with problems during the first year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by Back N Black View Post
                    hopefully it will prove to be a solid motor, that if possible, could handle some good amount of boost. In the n/a form i hope it isnt plagued with problems during the first year or two.
                    True. Getting 500hp out of a nautally aspirated 318cid motor sounds like a time bomb, but these cars have surprised me over the last few years.

Comment

Okay, I dig it. I haven't been a fan of the Mustang's looks since 2005, but this one looks sweet, and seems like it will be a beast. Still too small of a vehicle for me, but I dig it anyway.

Comment

It's getting its own motor... and it's a flat-planed crank! This is hopefully going to be Cosworth-worthy!

5.2 N/A flat-planed V8? I bet that'll be able to spin its ass off!
                        I bet the rods would have something to say about that.

In the video, the idle sound at the very end was taken from my washing machine, when it's off balance and in the spin cycle.

I like the looks of that one much better than the stock ones.
                        Last edited by line-em-up; 11-17-2014, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Schwing

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                            I bet the rods would have something to say about that.
                            Willie, that's what the exotic race cars have been doing for years.

Comment

Willie, that's what the exotic race cars have been doing for years.

http://www.projectm71.com/Cross_FlatPlane.htm
                              Thanks for the link. I honestly wasn't sure what flat-plane meant. I was just thinking about the stress that connecting rods take at high RPM. It's amazing they stay together with that much stretching force.

Comment

Working...
                              X