New daily beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
    So glad I cant see anything that worthless piece of shit is saying because there are several things I am certain of.
    1. It will make no sense.
    2. It will be written in such a way where he is intentionally trying to piss me off while trying to look like he is not.
    3. There will be a pot shot at me and/or my shop.

Get the fuck out of my thread you fucking waste of space. The best part of you ran down your mamas leg.

You have nothing of any value to add to any thread, you are hated by ALL members, you are a coward, you are a looser, you never have any idea what you are talking about and are simply not wanted here.

I do not understand why you are this way as i have met 3 year olds with more common sense. I dont know if it stems from your mother not breast feeding you enough or your father breast feeding you too much but the world would be a much better place if you were not in it.
    You got Naynus figured out.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• I am leaving this thread until this car is back on the road. Farewell my friends, i'll see ya'll around.

Comment

• I've actually made a 180 degree turn on my opinion of Audi.

The first time i replace a window regulator on a A4, i thought what dumb german designed this.

The cars have improved and i really have grown to like them more

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
        sigpic
        "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
        through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
        We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
        my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

• Well there are a few gurus on RS6.com that have been 100% correct in everything they have told me so far. I have done what they said to do and it always works out. Each one knew every mod and part number my car had just by a few pictures. The parts they have said to use have always been spot on. Well one said get a low mile OEM used shaft from an actual RS6. One that was known to be good and was changed due to a manual conversion. The other happened to have said low mile shaft and is sending it to me for the price of what UPS will charge for packing it and shipping. So, yay team!
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• bump

Audi North Austin responded to my BBB claim today. What a bunch of pompous asses.

"Looking into the history of the vehicle, the car was titled to Mr. Lindsey on 09/02/15. The complaint would have you believe this car was his for years based on his knowledge of what had been done to the car. The car was towed (by Audi of America) to our facility in an inoperable condition. It was leaking gas and a recall was the source of the requested repair. For the record the car was towed to us on 09/18/15 or 16 days after his purchase. I will mention again, in an inoperable condition. Starting a vehicle that is spraying gas would be reckless and dangerous. Additional research shows this vehicle has had 4 owners, 2 accidents and 26 repair orders while under warranty. We do not see any service records in Audi's national database after 07/18/2011. I would guess many people have worked on this car besides Audi trained technicians including body shops and the aftermarket installer of the exhaust system. We simply performed a recall. Upon completion the technician started the vehicle and the car was vibrating enough to turn it off and notify the customer. We did not drive the car prior to or after the work was completed. The smart remark about the 22 days and Mr. Collier… The length in our shop was based on waiting for a gas tank on a 12 year old vehicle (not a stock item). The first one ordered arrived with transport damage, so we then had to order a second tank. The repair was only performed once all the parts were on site. Mr. Collier’s office has a glass wall facing the shop. The work was performed in a stall nearest his office. If a tech was to “drop” a driveshaft, not only would the noise be loud enough to scare people in the shop, it would be obvious to most people in the building. The part is not small, light or easily moved. I would also say a drive shaft would be more likely damaged from a front or rear collision (again two accidents reported on the vehicle history report). Just to be clear, the vehicle was listed online by the selling dealer (JD Motors) with 79,577 miles. The car was towed in (inoperable) with 79,791 miles (214 miles of ownership). To make a claim pertaining to the exhaust that “other Audi dealers remove and reinstall several times during the cars previous $15,000 in service” seems strange for a car that has been owned for 16 day and 214 miles. The title works shows his purchase price of $15,995. Who spent $15,000 on service? All that would conclude is that we are not the only ones to work on the car. The exhaust is not fitted per the OEM specs. It may operate with the aftermarket system installed, but it is not a 100% fit. Based on our data, we will agree to disagree on this vehicle. Twelve years old, 4 owners, 2 accidents and all of 16 days and 214 miles of “knowledge” on Mr. Lindsey’s side does not warrant us to be liable for any additional work."

This was the compliant sent to BBB. As it was the first time I ever used it I thought it was just posted to an open site and wrote it as such.

"I have a 2003 RS6 that was one of the best driving and smoothest machines I have ever owned. I made the mistake of letting Audi of North Austin perform a nation wide fuel tank recall due to fuel spillage. After 3 weeks they notified me the car was complete but is undriveable due to a severe vibration under acceleration. They suggested to bring a tow truck to bring the car back home 100 miles away. Upon picking up the car I noticed my exhaust was not mounted. In hopes this was the vibration issue I asked to have them look at it. The "tech" stated it has a cheap aftermarket exhaust and he didn't know how to slip two pipes together. I should point out it has a $6000 Miltek exhaust on it that other Audi dealers have removed and reinstalled several times during the cars previous $15,000 in services. The tech was very rude and instructed me to bring it to an exhaust shop. Upon getting the car home I put it in the air as I own a 5 star rated mechanic shop. I instantly noticed many issues. They bent and tore most of the exhaust heat shields, used a screw driver and scratched through the paint to mark the carrier bearings location, they did not index the driveshaft, left the new fuel tank straps unbolted by over 1/2", did not put the brake lines back in their anchors, broke the parking brake retainer clip and used a zip tie to fix it but the MAJOR issue is they had dropped the drive-shaft thus bending the forward CV joint now making it oval shaped. That is the cause of the vibration. They ruined a perfect driving car and refuse to take responsibility even though I have two ASE Master techs and one Audi tech all confirming the day Audi of North Austin received the car that the car was 100% smooth and drove to perfection. I implore you to never go to Audi of North Austin. The technician is incompetent and a liar. The service manager Morris Collier is not only rude but incompetent. He informed me he watched the car the entire time. If he spent 22 days watching my car then he has a strange job that he is overpaid for. There is no doubt the driveshaft was dropped and damaged. The impact mark is fresh, the damage is obvious."

I have already responded. I should have taken more care and time on my response but I read theirs and was very upset. I never implied or claimed I owned the car for longer than I had. I was very upfront with Audi about that. I have records. I have proof. Also the car was in one accident which was minor but did require a new bumper and grill set. It had later adjustments done that were attached to the original accident but since it has a separate claim number it shows as two. Also I am the third owner. Not sure when dealers were counted as owners but whatever.

Here was my response:
            "I am rejecting this response because:Being that it is an Audi it is easy to get service history and records from any Audi dealership should the appropriate footwork be completed. I have the cars service records from the first day sold all the way until 77488 miles when the car was at Audi Central Houston. The service writer and technician at that dealer are very familiar with the vehicle and have worked on it through the last two owners. I have all documents to show this. I also have records showing when the exhaust was installed back in 2008. Since the exhaust was installed the car has been at an Audi dealership for repairs 14 times. During those times on 4 separate occasions the exhaust was removed BY THE DEALER and reinstalled after work was completed. One time for a replacement torque convertor, once for front oxygen sensors, once for various engine repairs and once to have the recall done. The 5th time the exhaust was removed it was at Audi North Austin. Two other Texas dealers could install the exhaust, it really is a simple process, yet Audi North Austin could not.
            Now the car was requested to be brought to Audi North Houston on a tow truck by Audi Of America. I offered to drive the car down there as it was not "Spraying fuel" as the dealer just stated but it would leak some if over 2/3 full. The car was down to a half tank of fuel thus no longer leaked fuel. As to why the car was not driven into their service bay is beyond me. I suspect because they do not have any RS trained technicians. I have several witnesses that will attest to the cars driving condition the day it was brought to Audi. I have two ASE Master techs, one Audi trained and certified tech as well as a retired DEA agent and one active Navy Lt that will all attest to the cars perfectly smooth driving characteristics the day it was retrieved by Audi. Being as I had just serviced the transmission I know for a fact that the driveshaft was not damaged in any way. As the dealer states I did put a couple hundred miles on the vehicle. If it had previous damage I would not have been able to drive the vehicle as the dealer and their technician states. The car is undriveable. Upon further inspection I did see the damaged drive shaft CV joint and after removing the heat shields that Audi North Austin damaged I could see where the CV joint has a fresh impact FROM BEING DROPPED on the CV joint which has ovaled it.
            The car now requires a very expensive driveshaft. Further more the dealer neglected to completely attach the fuel tank to the car, they did not put the brake lines back in their brackets, they broke a parking brake cable retainer and used a zip tie to fix it and scratched through the paint in a vain attempt to try and repair their mistake.
            They received a running driving car and returned a vehicle that could not be driven and was assembled poorly to the point I believe I will have to redo all the work that was done to check for other mistakes. I am not being unreasonable in my request to have the dealer reimburse me for the drive shaft they damaged as well as the tow fee to retrieve the car they damaged.

Regards,

William Lindsey Iii"

Comment

• You went the bbb route? Might as well right it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                You went the bbb route? Might as well right it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Why?
                ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  Why?
                  I am referring to him going bbb vs going over the head of the service manager and speaking with the GM or owner of the dealership. Basically keeping it in house. Involving the bbb and forcing them to defend themselves elevated it to where they can now tell him to go fuck himself. Their response sounds legit.

Fix it all yourself and move on now.

Comment

• Yep, it has become very he-said, she-said.

The short ownership history and the fact that you have worked on the car yourself is going to work against you big time. Even if you get AoA to give a partial judgment in your favor, they're going to be a real motherfucker to deal with since you burned their ass with the BBB.

Just finish the fixes yourself and try to enjoy the car as much as possible.

You have convinced me that I will never own an Audi under any circumstances.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• what a fucking mess

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Yep, it has become very he-said, she-said.

The short ownership history and the fact that you have worked on the car yourself is going to work against you big time. Even if you get AoA to give a partial judgment in your favor, they're going to be a real motherfucker to deal with since you burned their ass with the BBB.

Just finish the fixes yourself and try to enjoy the car as much as possible.

You have convinced me that I will never own an Audi under any circumstances.
                        Lease one all day long. There were a few customer types of Audi owners that I remember.
                        1. The guy/gal who bought new and showed me their buyer's remorse by bringing it to service for every little noise , squeak or perceived issue.
                        2. The ones who bought used and constantly shelled out money keeping them on the road.
                        3. The ones who leased, had a carefree attitude while enjoying the drive. End of lease and they didn't have any emotional attachment to the car nor were they out of pocket more than they wanted to be in the end. Most always picked up a new lease and carried on.
                        4. Bought new several years ago and either could afford to get out of it or were too emotional and financially attached to let it go. They spent lots of one in the end trying to maintain them outside of warranty.

Be number 3.

Comment

• I've owned 3 of them all used, parts are expensive. Labor is hit or miss, but not ridiculous if you know where to look.

I'll own more.

The OP's car stickered @~$80,000. Not many 12 year old, $80k cars that are not expensive to maintain. It's all part of it.

Comment

• Thanks, had to take fuckwad off my ignore list for a moment to see what the hell was going on.

I spoke to the GM, he hung up on me. Trying to get to the owner has proved to be.... challenging.
                            Based on the advice on the Audi forum I went BBB as the next course of action. Due to their recent most statements they messed up claiming pervious damage as the cause of the vibration. That gives me a few dozen more witnesses, including 2 other Audi dealers that it is not the case. Also if the tech stated (as my paperwork says) that the car can not be driven due to sever vibration AND its pre existing as they claim, how did I put 214 miles on it? You would think the tire shop would have noticed too.... as would the dealer.
                            So that's out.
                            Now their office windows are THICK. With the door closed you can hardly hear the shop floor. Get out there though and its loud as fuck. Brake cutting machine, impact guns, ventilation system, engines running.... and he will hear the shaft drop from the showroom? It would have scared people? WTF?
                            And they seem to imply that the $15,000 in last years service is irrelevant due to the low price in which I purchased the car. Or the fact they would question how I know the cars history. Call the freakin dealer, they will tell you. And like in my case I spoke to the old service writers and techs that were on the car. They seemed like they knew what was going on. They said the car had the Miltek on it and it slips on very easily.

Fuck it though right? I have a new shaft that will be here Friday, I fixed the shields and I can bolt the gas tank in place. I imagine I can figure out how to install an exhaust that I already installed twice. Its just a matter of principal. I know they fucked it up, they know they fucked it up, just admit it!

I also find it humorous that shitbag is following me around into forums he has no business being in just so he can drag it over here.
                            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• hey! fwiw i had a 2003 audi, in 2003.
                              Last edited by Tremor14; 10-28-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Does their shop have cameras in the tech bays? You could see if shows the tech dropping the drive shaft.

Comment

Working...
                                X