No announcement yet.

New daily beater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to whore more! Please dont mind the dirt, it will get a bath tomorrow. Got my wheels back from Wheel Technologys today after a full refurb on all 4. Only took 23 hours and they picked them up and delivered them! Great service! They are now powdercoated, not sure if thats how the factory did it but mine were rough. Probably going to high temp black or silver paint the hats of the rotors as the anodize is discolored but will do that after I get new rings and pads. I just love how fresh the wheels look and still love my new tails.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• hood rich

Comment

• Only wheels I would be worried about are the ones on a lawn mower....
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

• Ernesto comes by on Thursday. I canceled last time but then with the rain and warm weather it grew freakin quick. I am also about to have the driveway redone. Sick of the uneveness. lol
          And that dead shit in the background is a vacant lot and the county does not take very good care of it. But its a quiet and safe Mexican neighborhood so i deal with it.
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• How much to get the wheels done? I like the idea of picking up and dropping off.

Comment

• $120ish each no matter if its peeling, slightly bent, curb rash or cracked.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                $120ish each no matter if its peeling, slightly bent, curb rash or cracked.
                Does that company service DFW or are they more "local"?

Comment

• They are based in Dallas.

Comment

• Ah, nice fresh rear brakes.

Comment

• Found the trans limits. 480 awtq is fine but 540 is not. LOL Believe the input shaft is split. Was my fault, car was in normal mode and an SRT8 caught my attention so I rolled into it right as it was commanding a shift so it slammed into second under full boost and then lost all gears.
                      Oh well, shit happens. Debating of going with a fully built auto or just turning it down a bit and rebuilding the original and just enjoy the car as is. There is also the manual conversion but I like the auto so I will probably just get the Level10 trans so i can go ahead and put the bigger turbos on. I knew I was pushing the stock trans past its known limits so it wasnt surprising just embarrassing because I shouldnt have rolled onto it at that speed without having the trans in tip mode.

Comment

• Don't let naynay see this.
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Why? I could not care any less what he thinks. LOL
                          I pushed its limits and broke it. I can afford to fix it any way I want and will. Shouldnt be down more than a month as it takes a bit to get the trans.

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                            Don't let naynay see this.
                            more like dont let anyone else see that i saw it, amirite?!

Comment

• dont you have a spare transmission?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                                dont you have a spare transmission?
                                I did but sold it to a friend that needed a trans quick down in Austin. Tey are readily available though. As soon as I posted my trans was bad I had 5 people PM me to tell let me know they had one for cheap. Seems everyone is doing six speed swaps now. I was halfway thinking of getting one that only has 18k on it for a grand but knowing i want to have the power I have gotten used to I really think I would be better off just getting the $6500 Level10 one.
                                I have a line on some killer turbos for a great price and would need the better trans to handle them anyway.
                                Dude is making 670 at the wheels through the Level10 trans and those turbos and over 800 awtq. I would be content with those numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X