• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
          DFWmustangs members ?

actually yes, that's me on the left!
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
              The outright lies of the liberals in this election illustrate perfectly how far Marxists will go to get their way.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      It's temporary cavitation that does the damage. The larger the diameter proportionate to the velocity the more temporary expansion and cavitation. It's a whole science. Hitting an animal in the side or profile is very different from hitting one in the head. The head is a liquid filled rigid container, the pressure rises and it ruptures/blows up. The same thing happens when you shoot a bottle of water with a .22 vs. a .308, it will explode like a bomb when a .308 hits it. A good example of this is when someone is shot with an arrow vs. a rifle. Even though they are the same diameter, the rifle will drop you, and the arrow (assuming it doesn't hit a vital organ) will allow you run around like a fool. The difference being when the .308 hits you with the velocity, it knocks a .3085" hole in you, but expands a hole inside your tissue to 4-6" for about 10" or so, then it snaps back. If you don't have the tissue or it's a rigid container it just blows up.

I shot a huge ass jackrabbit with my G3 a few years ago, tagged him in the side and he kept hopping, got a lucky head shot and his head vaporized. Naturally, it all depends on where you hit them in the head, but if it's in the skull, or a rigid surface which will transfer/contain the energy it's quite different.

I'm not sure this word means what you think it means.
                      1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Like....Wave Race 64? I played the fuck out of that game!
                        N64, the best
                        Originally posted by Buzzo
                        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          Like....Wave Race 64? I played the fuck out of that game!

Edit: Since this is the pic thread

]
                          Yep!

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                            Bullet cavitation - A cavity is formed by the path of the bullet as it travels through the body, whether or not the bullet actually exits. The formation of the cavity is called cavitation.

For example

If its firearms related CJ will know what the word means.
                            Jon

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                              Yep!

Damn that looks fun, but I don't think I'd have the strength to muscle one of those things around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Torinoman View Post

Minimum Wound Area: MWA (cm2) = [ 1 cm2 / 15 kg Body Mass ] + 60 cm2

Important caveats are necessary here. Only penetration and cavitation in the thoracic cavity through cardio-vascular tissues produces effective hemorrhaging (unless a major artery is cut). In other words, the penetration and cavitation produced in muscle and gut don't count toward this measure of a MWA because it does not bleed as freely or in the volume of heart, lung and liver tissue. This MWA value is based on a shotline transverse through the thorax (hitting heart and/or lungs). The thorax depth assumed here is based on a line passing between the number 4 sternal ribs above the heart. The figures presented are approximate, as animal anatomy varies by species and individual.

I know the way I used cavitation is not the usual way you hear it used. Typically you use it in regards to hydrodynamics, but the principals are the same.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X