Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE* - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^LOL At first I thought it was laughing at Africa.

Comment

• One of the last picture Chris McCandless took

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
          self check out be like "let me sing you the song of my people"
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Originally posted by 01-GATOR View Post
            Noooooo.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by soap View Post
              Noooooo.
              It's still warm, dude. You're in the clear.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• New BBQ place by my shop rocks. I feel cheated because for years I thought I knew what a full rack of ribs was. I was way way off. LOL

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  One of the last picture Chris McCandless took

That book depressed the shit out of me, but made me oddly jealous and desirous of his ability to cleanly walk out and "into the wild" so to speak.

Comment

• It is a good book, and it's a good movie also. I did enjoy it. However no matter how compelling the story is, you can't absolve him from being a complete fool for going into the wilderness with no map, and starving to death a few miles from a highway. (they don't tell you that in the book or movie).

And fuck Sean Penn's bullshit poison excuse.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      It is a good book, and it's a good movie also. I did enjoy it. However no matter how compelling the story is, you can't absolve him from being a complete fool for going into the wilderness with no map, and starving to death a few miles from a highway. (they don't tell you that in the book or movie).

And fuck Sean Penn's bullshit poison excuse.

They actually went over it quite extensively in the book. Edit: Chapter 17, when Jon Krakauer is going to see the bus for the first time, he talks about having a map, unlike McCandless, and that they are going to the geological site with the bucket that takes you by a wire over the river that he also didn't know about because he had no map.

His issue was that there isn't really any wilderness any more. He would think he got away from people and then would see an airplane. All he could think of to do was throw away the map and just go where the roads took him. Smart? Not really. But I admire his spirit, and I was just as pigheaded in my early 20's. Too bad it cost him his life, I would have been interested in reading whatever book he wrote when he got back, but he probably wouldn't have achieved the same notoriety if he hadn't died. Still an interesting story, regardless, and one I'll always find compelling due to my own insatiable wanderlust.
                      Last edited by Guest; 09-02-2014, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• His arrogance reminds me of the dumb motherfucker that wanted to live with bears.
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          His arrogance reminds me of the dumb motherfucker that wanted to live with bears.

What always confuses me about him, is that I think what he did was fucking stupid, but I still feel the need to defend him in some way, because I understand his sentiments. I guess that is why I continue to find the story interesting after all these years.

The book was fantastic, I'm surprised his parents let Jon K. print some of the terrible shit in their past that made them look really bad. In a lot of ways I think that helped redeem them for the mistakes they made. Conversely, I think Chris was a little too hard on them, and that he was at that age when you don't realize your parents aren't perfect, and you can still love them despite the mistakes they had made, because there isn't a one size fits all solution to living life. There was a lot of speculation that he was going to head back and reunite with his family after he finally made the Alaska trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            They actually went over it quite extensively in the book. Edit: Chapter 17, when Jon Krakauer is going to see the bus for the first time, he talks about having a map, unlike McCandless, and that they are going to the geological site with the bucket that takes you by a wire over the river that he also didn't know about because he had no map.

His issue was that there isn't really any wilderness any more. He would think he got away from people and then would see an airplane. All he could think of to do was throw away the map and just go where the roads took him. Smart? Not really. But I admire his spirit, and I was just as pigheaded in my early 20's. Too bad it cost him his life, I would have been interested in reading whatever book he wrote when he got back, but he probably wouldn't have achieved the same notoriety if he hadn't died. Still an interesting story, regardless, and one I'll always find compelling due to my own insatiable wanderlust.
                            I meant the fact he died close to a highway and it was starvation. I don't remember either of those being addressed in the book, but it has been several years since I read it.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              I meant the fact he died close to a highway and it was starvation. I don't remember either of those being addressed in the book, but it has been several years since I read it.

They definitely talked about starvation, and it possibly being poison berries or seeds or some shit that made him too weak to walk. There are some not very to scale maps that show a road nearby his camp as well, but I can't remember how detailed they got about the proximity. Having read most of Krakauer's books, he is usually very on point when it comes to details. I don't think he would leave something like that out to try and make CM look better, although the poison theory is widely contested to this day.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                They definitely talked about starvation, and it possibly being poison berries or seeds or some shit that made him too weak to walk. There are some not very to scale maps that show a road nearby his camp as well, but I can't remember how detailed they got about the proximity. Having read most of Krakauer's books, he is usually very on point when it comes to details. I don't think he would leave something like that out to try and make CM look better, although the poison theory is widely contested to this day.
                                Yes if I remember correctly the medical examiner stated there was no poison in his body, and his death was due to starvation. If i'm not mistaken he died from prolonged hare starvation. His story is certainly a romantic natural journey though.

Comment

Working...
                                X