Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Banks are covering themselves. A returned check normally takes 3-5 business days to come back, sometimes faster if it's a large bank on image exchange. Checks clear much faster than they did a decade ago due to the check 21 act
      I'm sure they make a killing off of the float, just as they have always done. 15-30 years ago, when I worked in item processing at a bank, we worked our tails off to meet deadlines to get the float for jut one day. That was how they made their money. Getting it for a week or two in the days of electronic transfers is that much better for them.

Comment

• Checks from other countries in large sums are a fucking nightmare. Canada isn't a third world nation, but fuck if it doesn't take months for that shit to clear. Let alone the bank try and charge you exchange rates twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          A sister named Shelby... who do we know that fits that description??
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
            Checks from other countries in large sums are a fucking nightmare. Canada isn't a third world nation, but fuck if it doesn't take months for that shit to clear. Let alone the bank try and charge you exchange rates twice.
            They have to go through a collections and exchange rate process

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Banks are covering themselves. A returned check normally takes 3-5 business days to come back, sometimes faster if it's a large bank on image exchange. Checks clear much faster than they did a decade ago due to the check 21 act
              This person knows what they are talking about! I deposited a few semi-large checks about 6 months ago with my credit union and they still wanted to hold it for 7 days besides a few grand they made immediately available and I argued with them about check 21. I had quite a bit more money than the checks already in my accounts and the checks were from very reputable institutions, so that pissed me off a little. Been with that credit union 20 years as well. I left it alone though as I didn't need the money right away, but it was the principal of the matter.

A few months ago when another larger check, I went and deposited it at a Fidelity branch and they let me invest the proceeds immediately and the funds cleared within a few days. You can guess where I will deposit large checks in the future.
              Ford
              GM
              Toyota
              VAG

Comment

• I am with Fidelity as well and always had the funds instantly available.
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                  Wonder what she's gonna tell him when she has the money lol
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• How many of you have called?

Comment

• Not me, could be a trap. She said she was 18, but you never know lol
                      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                        I turned in a check the other day for $500. I used the mobile deposit app on my phone. So they hold the check for 10 business days. I finally called them and found out that they thought it was for $50k and were taking the money out of the account. Customer just thought it was funny and said he would improve his hand writing next time. Apparently he had more than $50k in that account so it would've cleared. Im glad I called because Im sure he would've flipped out.
                        Iv noticed that banks will cash a check as soon as I deposit it and hold the money for several days to "verify". Best I can figure is the bank holds the money for a few days to make money off of it some how.
                        Doesn't your app have a spot where you input the amount of the check as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                          How many of you have called?

You know that is a trap. But if not, it probably won't be long before she shows up in another part of the forum.

Of course if not, that dude will have a shelf full of turbos and probably something that won't wash off.

Comment

• I'm tempted to text, but I don't want to use my phone
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                              I'm tempted to text, but I don't want to use my phone
                              Use a burner.

And scout the meet beforehand.

Using a police scanner.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                                How many of you have called?

So you text and ask for pics of what she has to offer in trade, and send a couple random turbo pics to show what you have to offer?

Comment

Working...
                                X