No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't an oyster fan until this trip. They bought a 40 lb sack of oysters and they were half shelled, and put on the grill. Sprinkle parmesian cheese, a shot of worchestershire, and then a shot of hot sauce and damn it's good!

Comment

• Kinda like a golden shower on those oysters.

Comment

• Back in October 3 of my buddies and I went on a 2 week elk hunting trip to the Red Desert in Wyoming just west of Baggs.

This is me at 10,000 feet.

We were scouting at the time, so I wasn't carrying my rifle, but this is what I put together for the trip.

It's a Remington 700 in .300 Winchester Magnum, with a Timney trigger, Nightforce 3.5-15x scope, and a SilencerCo. Harvester suppressor.

Comment

• Well, if you were to break your ankle, at least you could use the rifle as a crutch...with that suppressor, that thing is Loooooooooooong....

I take it you didn't have any luck harvesting an elk?
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• Ded

Comment

• Comment

• -------^
                HOLY $#it
                If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

• Comment

• I think the Tree won...

Comment

• manny pacquiao uppercutting a snake?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                        Well, if you were to break your ankle, at least you could use the rifle as a crutch...with that suppressor, that thing is Loooooooooooong....

I take it you didn't have any luck harvesting an elk?

It took us 12 days, but 3 of us filled our tags.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                            lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• So, there were 3 of us on a Polaris on Powder Rim when we saw a group of elk waaaaaayy down in the valley. A ranging of a rock about midway showed that the elk was at least 2,000 yards away. So, we drove down into the valley as far as we could, then found a dried creek bed to walk to the back of a hill so we could shoot down on the group and be upwind.

We were walking through the creekbed when I saw the fur of an elk about 10 feet from me. I stopped dead in my tracks and whispered to the other guys that there was an elk close. We walked up out of the creek bed on another group of elk that we did not even see. There were about 12-15 elk and we started firing down the barrels because they were too close for our scopes. We shot 7 rounds in about 2 seconds and downed 3 cows. The farthest show was about 40 yards.

I have never hunted elk before, these animals are quite large:

This is one of the shots, right through the heart:

Mmmmmm, elk tenderloin:

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X