Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
    When I was about 2:
    Cool! I used to have a '66 Charger. My great-grandfather bought it new and kept it inside a warehouse for the better part of 20 years. One day my dad needed a car and his grandfather told him to "try to start the old Charger." He cleaned off the points and fired it right up. My aunt inherited the car, then my mom bought it as my 17th birthday present. Unfortunately the timing was bad and I sold it back to my aunt when I went to college. I wish I had it now. Pale yellow with a pearlescent white interior, 383/auto.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Here is me and my dad Christmas of '86, playing slot cars and reppin' the Halley's Comet tour shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        I bought a 64k ~92 Eclipse I bought when I left for college. It spent more time in the shop that it did driving down the highway before I totaled it on the back of a van that stopped in the middle of the freeway.
        Most of mine were just as bad growing up, always breaking. This one I just bought though I have gone through it with a mitsubishi shaped comb and replaced all the timing components so it will hopefully last, that and I'm not 18 anymore driving the piss out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          I bought a 64k ~92 Eclipse I bought when I left for college. It spent more time in the shop that it did driving down the highway
          Originally posted by 4king View Post
          Most of mine were just as bad growing up, always breaking.

My mom's '92 Laser wouldn't pass an emissions inspection in 1993. (excessive HC)

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
            Most of mine were just as bad growing up, always breaking. This one I just bought though I have gone through it with a mitsubishi shaped comb and replaced all the timing components so it will hopefully last, that and I'm not 18 anymore driving the piss out of it
            mine was good until the dealer touched it. Timing belt recall, I took it in, and all hell broke loose. Balance shaft belt was broken, and included in recall, so they put a new one on, and the seal then started leaking, and then when I picked it up, it had a rod knock that they *couldnt* hear... nor would they do anything about it. I got it fixed by some Asian dudes that didnt speak english, and they did a great job for cheap. After that, it just went down hill, stupid small bullshit was one thing after another, and I didnt have time or money to do anything about it at the time.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Same. The one in the picture I was sitting on had the timing belt and components done by a reputable shop at the time, ctc which turned into wasabi racing, and they didn't do the balance shaft belt. It broke loose and the car died on the highway and naturally I popped it back into gear blowing the end case of the transmission and destroyed the head.

But I'm being proactive this time

Comment

Comment

Me at 5 with my Dad and older brother.

Miyako.. not sure what age.

Date at Tokyo Disneyland. I think we were about 23 at the time.

Comment

Cool pix sir!

David

Comment

• Me and Pops. Glad I'm not the only one with a bowl hair cut.

Comment

Working...
                      X