No announcement yet.

New wheels for the fastback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both work awesome on that car! Nice choice!

Comment

Looks perfect. Are you basically stock suspension?

Comment

Those look great! I don't hate the old ones, but this is a definite improvement.

Comment

You must have forgotten that you are supposed to use a Dr Pepper can for size comparison.

CN

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
            You must have forgotten that you are supposed to use a Dr Pepper can for size comparison.

CN
            I was disappointed he didn't at least use a Benjamin!

Comment

I agree, 100% better! Looks killer

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                  Looks perfect. Are you basically stock suspension?
                  Stock-ish. It's got a beefier sway bar and some polyurethane bushings, 1 inch drop springs and KYB shocks. The real issue is that it's been 20 years since I redid the suspension and now it's all worn out. I have most of the parts to rebuild, and while I'm at it I'm dropping the upper control arm an inch for improved geometry which also lowers the car a half inch or so, and adding an improved spring saddle that rotates more freely. This should all be happening in the next month or two.

For the rear, I'm considering restacking the leaves and/or having them de-arched to drop the rear some. It's always sat too damn high in the back. The front isn't so bad, but like I said, these pics are straight off of the jack stands so it's a little pigeon toe'd at the moment.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  I was disappointed he didn't at least use a Benjamin!
                  Lol, I don't often have those rolling around in the 'ol wallet. Supposing I did, I blew them all on these fancy wheels and tires, lol.

Comment

I like the new ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

if you want another set of those shocks, I have some that were bolted in for a few miles. I broke one of the studs on one.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        if you want another set of those shocks, I have some that were bolted in for a few miles. I broke one of the studs on one.
                        Good to know, thanks man. Also, I like your cruising S Congress idea. I'd love to have this handled by Roundup time.

Comment

Looking good! Be careful about combining lower springs with the Shelby drop. You probably won't have fitment issues since the tires aren't too huge, but you never know.

Of course you're not a careless dolt like me. I accidentally ordered 65-66 Mustang lowering springs and had to put the control arms in the stock location to make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            Looking good! Be careful about combining lower springs with the Shelby drop. You probably won't have fitment issues since the tires aren't too huge, but you never know.

Of course you're not a careless dolt like me. I accidentally ordered 65-66 Mustang lowering springs and had to put the control arms in the stock location to make it work.
                            Hah, noted. Based on research, it really should be fine. There are a bazillion Mustangs our there running similar specs and I played it relatively safe so I should have a little bit of wiggle room.

Comment

You will have it "low enough" when you can push a Dr Pepper can down the street.
                              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                You will have it "low enough" when you can push a Dr Pepper can down the street.
                                Yeeeeaaah, I don't think so. It's gotta be drivable and fun. Too low and it's just a giant model that looks neat-o, but that's no use for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X