Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
    Gonna be a trail rig or daily?
    I always wondered who'd want one of those things for a daily. Gotta be roadnoisy as hell. Then again I'm picky about my road noise.

Comment

Not sure how you're restoring your fender flares, but maybe you can try this out if nothing else is working for ya. Jeep looks good.

Comment

Hm, never thought that would work.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Starting to look fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
            Not sure how you're restoring your fender flares, but maybe you can try this out if nothing else is working for ya. Jeep looks good.

Yeah, already did that. It doesn't work as great as you would think unless you have a really large heating area, a torch leaves patterns. I'm going to do custom steel front fenders and probably the same on the rear.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

OR instead of taking a torch to plastic just take some peanut butter and rub it on,then wipe it off.......

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                OR instead of taking a torch to plastic just take some peanut butter and rub it on,then wipe it off.......
                That's temporary though, just uses the oils from the peanut butter to darken it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  2001 TJ 4.0L w/ 127k and it has a Dana 44 in the back - cha ching!

In 3 weeks I hope to have a 3.5" suspension lift, 1.5" body lift, and 36" tires under it.
                  36" is gonna be a tight fit if your kit can flex at all. Good deal on it, especially with the D44. What kind of lift are you planning? Gonna need an SYE and CV most likely. Go to Tom Woods for the CV, avoid Drivetrain of Mesquite like the plague

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
                    36" is gonna be a tight fit if your kit can flex at all. Good deal on it, especially with the D44. What kind of lift are you planning? Gonna need an SYE and CV most likely. Go to Tom Woods for the CV, avoid Drivetrain of Mesquite like the plague

I wheeled the piss out of a 99 TJ with 3" teraflex and 36" Irocs... Just a little bit of trimming here and there. It can be done if you set things up right. And good looking project by the way.

And my college roomate had a 97 TJ with 37s on it with some cobled together 4" short arm kit.

Low lift with Big Rollers is the way to go.

Comment

I decided on 35's so I can stay with a cheap 15" wheel. Need to find a hook up on some 35/12.50/15 BFG KM2's.

Comment

I know you're trying to keep this a somewhat budget build, but check out the goodies @ Hanson Enterprises

I had their rear bumper setup on my 2000 Sahara and it was indesctructible... Here's a pic from their site:

They've got some nice shorty front winch bumpers too... The project is looking good so far, especially resquaring the windshield/doors. You'll still probably need to trim a bit for 35's with the 1.25" body lift/3" suspension, unless you're just going to mudrun it. I had a 4" and 33's and a 1" puck up front to level it back out from the winch/ARB and it still came close to rubbing during some rock crawling. GL with the project...
                        Last edited by Chritaka; 05-18-2011, 02:28 PM.
                        Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Originally posted by Chritaka View Post
                          I know you're trying to keep this a somewhat budget build, but check out the goodies @ Hanson Enterprises

I had their rear bumper setup on my 2000 Sahara and it was indesctructible... Here's a pic from their site:

They've got some nice shorty front winch bumpers too... The project is looking good so far, especially resquaring the windshield/doors. You'll still probably need to trim a bit for 35's with the 1.25" body lift/3" suspension, unless you're just going to mudrun it. I had a 4" and 33's and a 1" puck up front to level it back out from the winch/ARB and it still came close to rubbing during some rock crawling. GL with the project...
                          Spindle looks quite delicate, TBH.

Check out JCR Offroad. Way cheaper than Hanson as well

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                            I wheeled the piss out of a 99 TJ with 3" teraflex and 36" Irocs... Just a little bit of trimming here and there. It can be done if you set things up right. And good looking project by the way.

And my college roomate had a 97 TJ with 37s on it with some cobled together 4" short arm kit.

Low lift with Big Rollers is the way to go.
                            IIRC, Irocs are measured a bit big. But 36s on a 3" lift with no BL is just asking to gash up your tires. Either that or the suspension just didnt flex well. I know my 33s with a 4.5" RE short arm will rub.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            I decided on 35's so I can stay with a cheap 15" wheel. Need to find a hook up on some 35/12.50/15 BFG KM2's.
                            Have you looked into the Goodyear Kevlar MT/R? Last I checked it was cheaper and much more capable.

Comment

IIRC, Irocs are measured a bit big. But 36s on a 3" lift with no BL is just asking to gash up your tires. Either that or the suspension just didnt flex well. I know my 33s with a 4.5" RE short arm will rub.

Have you looked into the Goodyear Kevlar MT/R? Last I checked it was cheaper and much more capable.
                              I know some of the guys run those, however I've heard that the KM2's are superior in holding balance and wear - they usually last 40k miles w/ regular rotation. Do you know how they do?

As far as that rear mount, I like it. However, I have a welder and I know how to use it One thing I want to know though is what kind of hinge are they using exactly? Anyone know where I could find one?

Comment

Spindle looks quite delicate, TBH.

Check out JCR Offroad. Way cheaper than Hanson as well

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...gory_Code=SWBB
                                That pic doesn't do it justice. It's solid 2.5" or so piece of steel welded in that it clamps to with a small center bit drilled out for greasing. This also allows you to adjust how easy it swings on the spindle. The entire bumper construction is 1/4" as well, but it does weigh a ton. I had a 33" tire, high lift jack, shovel, etc mounted on it and could still stand on it, jump up/down and swing it open/shut. I had almost bought the jcoffroad version, but I didn't like 2x4 looking bumper design. The Hanson also has a pin running down the arm that locks when opened so it doesn't shut on you and I preferred the more hidden high lift mount. A lot of people use the JCR though and like it.

I also had a car rearend me once that was riding my ass, not a scratch or dent on the bumper, but took out his entire grill and a portion of his headlights/front bumper, though I think most of that was from my drop hitch. lol
                                Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

Working...
                                X