1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• i still say a moose.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by ejlarson View Post
        Prozactly!

I have been around a while, and been through plenty (too many) corporate buyouts/take overs etc.

I think you guys are exactly right sadly. Robophill will prolly bleed the place dry.

In better news! There are other places on the net like pbb!
        I was a mod on our old board as well as here...

In our Mod Forum I explained to Phil what he was getting into, in minute detail. Phil said things wouldn't change at all. I told him what was going to happen if he continued with Vertical Scope's SOP...

See, here's the kicker: our old board owner also said he was gonna stick around and help with issues, etc after the sale. Nope. that bitch bailed as soon as the check cleared. Phil proceeded to freak out when shit started going south (ads, slow load times, random banning. etc) and started banning members who had been on the site for a decade for asking questions about other boards getting Deep Six'd by Vs. He stated in the Mod Forum that if people would chill so would he. I told him that what Vs brought to the table... farming our site out for money and silencing those who were critical... violated what we were at DFWstangs. We were a family (albeit dysfunctional and perverse) and we would move on if Vs wanted to change the way things were being run.

I was then stripped of all mod priviliges, as were all the rest of the admins/mods.

By the time it was over, the entire core of the old site was here within 4 weeks. Over 1,000 members.

I even made a graphical representation of the event using a web-metrics screen shot of the old site's traffic:

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Poor pirates, their world is about to get fucked.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I hate Mike. Fuck that guy.
            So you still want rush shipping that "Mike is my hero" shirt you ordered?

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              I was a mod on our old board as well as here...

In our Mod Forum I explained to Phil what he was getting into, in minute detail. Phil said things wouldn't change at all. I told him what was going to happen if he continued with Vertical Scope's SOP...

See, here's the kicker: our old board owner also said he was gonna stick around and help with issues, etc after the sale. Nope. that bitch bailed as soon as the check cleared. Phil proceeded to freak out when shit started going south (ads, slow load times, random banning. etc) and started banning members who had been on the site for a decade for asking questions about other boards getting Deep Six'd by Vs. He stated in the Mod Forum that if people would chill so would he. I told him that what Vs brought to the table... farming our site out for money and silencing those who were critical... violated what we were at DFWstangs. We were a family (albeit dysfunctional and perverse) and we would move on if Vs wanted to change the way things were being run.

I was then stripped of all mod priviliges, as were all the rest of the admins/mods.

By the time it was over, the entire core of the old site was here within 4 weeks. Over 1,000 members.

I even made a graphical representation of the event using a web-metrics screen shot of the old site's traffic:

Awesome post.
              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

• LOL that is the best graph ever!
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                  LOL that is the best graph ever!
                  I did laugh out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    I did laugh out loud.
                    For some reason I keep reading your posts in Pedro from Napoleon Dynomites voice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      For some reason I keep reading your posts in Pedro from Napoleon Dynomites voice.
                      THAT'S who it is.

I was thinking it was Speedy Gonzales at first, but I knew it didn't sound right.

Pretty fucking funny that you do it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        LMFAO because I sound, and look nothing like him.

Comment

• Sweet mustache, guey.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Maybe mstng86 can take Phils' bicycle off some sweet jumps.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              Maybe mstng86 can take Phils' bicycle off some sweet jumps.
                              Can trikes get big air?

Comment

• Lol, some site!

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                                X