Gotta love people in the gym after new years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    You'll find if you are in a gym actually sweating that people don't verbalize they just leave you alone.
    Sometimes. I was a dick yesterday to a guy that worked at the gym I was at because he started talking to me mid-set.

Not much annoys me more than when someone starts talking to me and I have to pull my earbuds, stop the set and address them.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      You'll find if you are in a gym actually sweating that people don't verbalize they just leave you alone.
      I understand that, but that has nothing to do with what I asked you.

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Not much annoys me more than when someone starts talking to me and I have to pull my earbuds, stop the set and address them.
      Why even give them that consideration. Ignore them until you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        I understand that, but that has nothing to do with what I asked you.

Why even give them that consideration. Ignore them until you're done.
        Generally I won't. I finished a set and he was making his presence obvious.

Comment

I was amazed as I was on the hammer strength I sat and watched 2guys going from the squat rack, to a squat rack w/ a pull up bar (right next to it), and to bench. For about 20 min. they took up 3 machines and when a guy walked up the squat rack, one jumped up from the bench press and stopped the guy. I normally have my music on and stretch inbetween sets, but I was so dumbfounded it messed me up and I lost all focus on my workout and just sat and watched in amazement. lol
          They could have easily pulled a non stationary bench into the squat rack with a pull up bar and be done.
          And the whole not racking the weights & dumbells is horrible, if you're big enough to move the weights or if you took the time to stack the 3 plates on the calf machine that stick together cause they're rubber coated or 6 plates on the hammer strenth machine or the 12 plates on leg press, then you're big enough to re-rack'em. lol
          2 Chronicles 7:14
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
            I was amazed as I was on the hammer strength I sat and watched 2guys going from the squat rack, to a squat rack w/ a pull up bar (right next to it), and to bench. For about 20 min. they took up 3 machines and when a guy walked up the squat rack, one jumped up from the bench press and stopped the guy. I normally have my music on and stretch inbetween sets, but I was so dumbfounded it messed me up and I lost all focus on my workout and just sat and watched in amazement. lol
            They could have easily pulled a non stationary bench into the squat rack with a pull up bar and be done.
            And the whole not racking the weights & dumbells is horrible, if you're big enough to move the weights or if you took the time to stack the 3 plates on the calf machine that stick together cause they're rubber coated or 6 plates on the hammer strenth machine or the 12 plates on leg press, then you're big enough to re-rack'em. lol

Maybe, they were supersetting perhaps???
            I sometimes take up to 2-3 machines at a time as well, but if someone does walk up to one, I let them get a set in and then ask them nicely if I can work in with them and explain that I was in the middle of a superset.
            If they cop an attitude with me, then I cop one back and inform them that I was actually using the machine before them and do not mind sharing it with them.
            I try not to be a bully about machines or weights, but like I have said before...I am there to do a job and limited on time because I only have 2hrs for my lunchbreak and in there to hit it and get out before the real retards arrive!

I'm with you about reracking weights though.
            I always try to be respectable of others and help out the lil o ladies, lol.
            We actually had this one older guy who was an ex-school teacher(accounting) and he had ADD really bad, so we used to mess up weights on PURPOSE just to watch this guy go around and clean up the entire gym, while bitching about how people don't put up their weights!
            I mean he would not only put them up, but he would organize them all as well.
            I kept telling the manager that he needs to comp that guy!

Comment

Yeah, that's what it appeared to be, but IMO taking up 3 machines at atleast 2 min. a pop really is overkill.
              As far as messing with the man with ADD, I will never understand that. If that was one of your family members and you saw people do this just to stroke their ego and get a laugh out of it, would you still think it's funny?
              And the manager should comp the guy for cleaning up you and your buddy's intentional mess?
              2 Chronicles 7:14
              If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

I superset alot as well but never say anything if someone walks up to my stuff except maybe asking if I can work in. I hate it when jerks think they own the gym and cloud several machines at once. If you want to control 2-3 pieces of equipment then buy your own gym. I don't care how big Or small you are. We all pay the same dues.

And for whatever reason...if you're not a natural lifter...I have a mental block as to treating you like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                  Yeah, that's what it appeared to be, but IMO taking up 3 machines at atleast 2 min. a pop really is overkill.
                  As far as messing with the man with ADD, I will never understand that. If that was one of your family members and you saw people do this just to stroke their ego and get a laugh out of it, would you still think it's funny?
                  And the manager should comp the guy for cleaning up you and your buddy's intentional mess?
                  Overkill?
                  Sometimes I am on machines for as much as 10-12 sets, which in turn can take 20-30 mins for one machine or a superset of machines.
                  Like I said, I do share...but I too pay my membership fee's and have been for years and years and I continually go day in and day out and give it my all each and every time that I go!
                  So for what you might say is overkill, might just be the norm for others bro.
                  Also, hence why I go on my lunchbreak(to avoid others).

I actually was very nice to him and gave him spots any time he would ask me for help.
                  I would not mess up the weights on purpose, it was mainly my training partners messing with him once they saw him going to work(cleaning up other people's messes).
                  He has since stopped coming into the gym(I know he was battling cancer) and we actually called him and left him a message on his answering machine wishing him a Merry Christmas and that we were thinking about him.
                  If you knew me, you would know that I have a heart for elderly people.
                  Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 01-14-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

What are people doing in a gym lifting weights for 1.5-2 hours. If you were working efficiently you wouldnt need to be there that long, and you wouldnt need 20 sets.

Comment

that's not ADD, it's OCD

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        that's not ADD, it's OCD
                        haha...thanks man and good catch!

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                          What are people doing in a gym lifting weights for 1.5-2 hours. If you were working efficiently you wouldnt need to be there that long, and you wouldnt need 20 sets.
                          You also probably wouldn't like "people" that are in the gym for 7 days a week and work one body part a day either.
                          Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 01-14-2011, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                            You also probably wouldn't like "people" that are in the gym for 7 days a week and work one body part a day either.
                            Its proven that 7 day a week workouts is detrimental. Even the big dogs don't do that.

Though what do I know, Im just a fat guy trying to use the gym, but I don't feel welcome.
                            Last edited by Beej; 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                              Its proven that 7 day a week workouts is detrimental. Even the big dogs don't do that.
                              Depends on your goal. Performance might suffer in a competitive environment, but daily workouts/work have been done for centuries.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                                Yup, RIP...never met Mark, but from what I heard, he is who made Branch who he is today.
                                I have heard nothing but good things about Mark.

He also trained a very good friend of mine right after he won Mr. Kentucky back in his day at the old Stroud's:
                                I'm dating the woman(Rae) he was engaged to when he passed. She has told me alot about him and he seems like someone I would have liked to have known.
                                BEWARE OF PEREZ TRANSPORT LLC
                                BEWARE OF EXOTIC TRANSPORT
                                Fernando Perez
                                Alijandra Perez
                                Mesquite, Texas
                                214-680-1415

Comment

Working...
                                X