No announcement yet.

Tips for a newbie cyclist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just keep riding. As you get stronger your speed will increase. Just takes time. once you get comfortable on the bike you can really start pushing yourself harder and doing some interval training and riding with faster people will help you get faster.

Comment

• I ordered a pair of Aerotech bibs that showed up today. So far I am sold on their stuff. It was $60 for the bibs, I didn't get the chance to ride tonight so I can't comment on "on the bike" comfort. However, just trying them on, they feel like they are going to be much more comfortable than the shorts. Also a bonus that they are made in America!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• What is everyone using for a frame pump. Riding longer and farther from the house, I need to pick up something to get me back up and going if/when I have a flat.

Comment

• Topeak road morph. Good size, integrated gauge, and you can easily get 100+ psi. Mini pumps may be sexier and you can keep them in your jersey but fuck actually using one. I stick mine on the seat stay.

Comment

• On long adventures I carry a really old blackburn frame pump. If im feeling frisky I might haul a propane cartridge for my 2.4" tires.

Comment

• I just use co2.

Comment

• How about trainers. Do any of you guys use one? Suggested brand/model?
                With the daylight changes it is getting harder for me to get quality rides in

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

• Staying consistent is the key, ride a couple times a week and over time you will see huge improvements.

I just use CO2 cartridges as well. They work and are easy to carry.

I spend a couple hours each week on the trainer, I actually prefer it over most of the roads around here. It is a better workout than the road since you do not get any breaks, for me it stimulates races better as well. I just have a standard cycle ops, the only adjustments are getting off the bike and adjusting by hand. My gearing determines how hard I ride.

If you use a trainer I would suggest getting a HR monitor at a minimum so you can setup some zones. If you can afford it a power meter is the way to go but they cost more than the average person's bike.

Cycling can be a cheap sport but it does add up. I don't even want to know how much I have in mine or will be in my new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    We pushed along averaging 13.6 maintaining a fairly steady pace 12-16 mph. I could have gone another 8 or more riding like that. It definitely helped boost my confidence to make the 31 mile ride next month!
                    Did you ever end up doing the 31 mile ride? If so, how'd it go?
                    Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                      Did you ever end up doing the 31 mile ride? If so, how'd it go?
                      It is supposed to be next Saturday, however, my schedule has been chaotic and I haven't had the time to ride. I don't have enough light before I leave or after I get home so I am not going to ride it. I am going to try and pick up a trainer soon so that I can get some time in the saddle and be ready to go next year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X