Looking for a personal trainer in Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a personal trainer in Grapevine

Evenings, Monday through Friday. Any suggestions?

Hell, I was just told there is a Cross Fit two minutes from my office. Haha. That was easy.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      Hell, I was just told there is a Cross Fit two minutes from my office. Haha. That was easy.
      My brother texted me yesterday asking me "What would you tell somebody looking to do crossfit." All I could say was "Do it and never look back."

Not only will you see faster results, you'll have a blast doing it.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

3 weeks into Fundamentals, good stuff so far. Highly recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          My brother texted me yesterday asking me "What would you tell somebody looking to do crossfit." All I could say was "Do it and never look back."

Not only will you see faster results, you'll have a blast doing it.
          Faster results, as opposed to what?
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

I've never done crossfit, but this is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              Faster results, as opposed to what?
              Working with a personal trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                I've never done crossfit, but this is interesting.

https://medium.com/health-fitness-1/97bcce70356d
                Scare tactic. Yes there are risks with crossfit, that's why you sign a waiver. There are also risks with any other physical activity. This article suggests that rhabdomyolysis didn't exist before crossfit.

Comment

Scare tactic. Yes there are risks with crossfit, that's why you sign a waiver. There are also risks with any other physical activity. This article suggests that rhabdomyolysis didn't exist before crossfit.
                  I don't think it's a scare tactic, as much as it is a cautionary tale, intended to have crossfitters be more aware of their limits. Just like someone who lifts too heavy to the point of joint trouble and/or muscle tearing, or runs to the point of complete physical exhaustion. Overtraining is overtraining, regardless of the chosen fitness path.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    I don't think it's a scare tactic, as much as it is a cautionary tale, intended to have crossfitters be more aware of their limits. Just like someone who lifts too heavy to the point of joint trouble and/or muscle tearing, or runs to the point of complete physical exhaustion. Overtraining is overtraining, regardless of the chosen fitness path.
                    It's saying it's "Crossfits dirty little secret." I agree with you though. People need to listen to their own body. The author doesn't address the fact that drinking too much alcohol or drug use can cause the exact same disorder. Just crossfit.

Comment

I won't have to worry about that, I take enough breaks during the WOD

Comment

Finished fundamentals today. Now the fun starts.

Comment

It's saying it's "Crossfits dirty little secret." I agree with you though. People need to listen to their own body. The author doesn't address the fact that drinking too much alcohol or drug use can cause the exact same disorder. Just crossfit.
                          I think that what makes it "a dirty little secret" is the fact that trainers aren't giving any kind of awareness of the possibility of it happening, even though the incidents of it have spiked with the popularity of crossfit. They would rather sweep "Uncle Rhabdo" under the rug, and not risk losing any potential or existing clients, rather than spread awareness.

This I totally don't understand, because Crossfit itself isn't the direct culprit, over-exertion is. Intensity is great and necessary, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The awareness shouldn't be that Crossfit is dangerous, the lesson is to train within your own personal physical limits.

Even drugs and alcohol bring about "Rhado" due to abusing the body, excess is the cause, not moderate use.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            I think that what makes it "a dirty little secret" is the fact that trainers aren't giving any kind of awareness of the possibility of it happening, even though the incidents of it have spiked with the popularity of crossfit. They would rather sweep "Uncle Rhabdo" under the rug, and not risk losing any potential or existing clients, rather than spread awareness.

This I totally don't understand, because Crossfit itself isn't the direct culprit, over-exertion is. Intensity is great and necessary, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. The awareness shouldn't be that Crossfit is dangerous, the lesson is to train within your own personal physical limits.

Even drugs and alcohol bring about "Rhado" due to abusing the body, excess is the cause, not moderate use.
                            Don't get me wrong, for the most part I completely agree with you but I can't find anything that shows a "spike" in cases of rhabdo in the last 5 years since crossfit has really gotten popular. I actually can't find one medical article that associates crossfit specifically with the disorder.

Comment

^^^ if it's on the internet, it's true, you're just not looking hard enough!

On a side note, did my first FRAN today. Yeah, it sucked! 9:14

Comment

Working...
                              X