Looking for a personal trainer in Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
    ^^^ if it's on the internet, it's true, you're just not looking hard enough!

On a side note, did my first FRAN today. Yeah, it sucked! 9:14
    If you did it prescribed, that's not a horrible time at all for your first try. I think my first was around 12 minutes. Keep it up!
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Not prescribed, 80 lbs on the thrusters. My left shoulder hurts any time it is above my head, working on getting more range of motion in it.

I can't do OH squats at all with any real weight. My left arm is about 25 degrees to far forward at best. One day I'll get there tho!

Comment

Not prescribed, 80 lbs on the thrusters. My left shoulder hurts any time it is above my head, working on getting more range of motion in it.

I can't do OH squats at all with any real weight. My left arm is about 25 degrees to far forward at best. One day I'll get there tho!
        I have the EXACT same problem, but with both arms. My shoulders have no range of motion at all. Even doing pass-troughs on the warm up is troublesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          I have the EXACT same problem, but with both arms. My shoulders have no range of motion at all. Even doing pass-troughs on the warm up is troublesome.
          Pass thru's are horrible with bad shoulders! I have to use a really wide grip to get it over my head, and even then it is tuff. They help tho.

My right has gotten better. They call it "Frozen Shoulder", a lot of diabetics get it I guess. Went to physical therapy for a while, that really helped, then the trainer left and his replacement was an idiot and I felt much worse, so stopped. Found a new Dr to get a referral for therapy again for the other shoulder, 2 visits in he said only surgery will help, not therapy. Stopped seeing him that day...

I re-started doing some of my at home stretches, it should help. I can see about making a copy of the pages and send em to ya if you wanna give any a try?

Comment

Sure, I'll take a look. I do what I can at home already. I lie on the floor and have my wife push my hands back while I have my arms extended over my head. It's getting better, slowly but surely. When I first started I couldn't even do the reverse pass throughs, it was pathetic.

Comment

Sure, I'll take a look. I do what I can at home already. I lie on the floor and have my wife push my hands back while I have my arms extended over my head. It's getting better, slowly but surely. When I first started I couldn't even do the reverse pass throughs, it was pathetic.
              Yeah, it sucks a big one. I had to adjust how I sleep because of it. Long run, I guess that part is better, since I sleep on my back more now. I'll scan it in tonight and send it over via PM or see if I can attach it here. I can make it a PDF file on the scanner. 2 pages, front and back on each.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks a big one. I had to adjust how I sleep because of it. Long run, I guess that part is better, since I sleep on my back more now. I'll scan it in tonight and send it over via PM or see if I can attach it here. I can make it a PDF file on the scanner. 2 pages, front and back on each.
                LOL. Same here. Let me know what works better. Eh, I'll just PM you my email addy.

Comment

Email sent.

Comment

Today was one of the most "fun" days I've had at the box. After the WOD we were just sorta talking, then the trainer decided to play this song by Moby, Flower. You have to do the exercise, and stay down when it says "Bring Sally Down" and up when it says "Bring Sally up"...

He did a bunch of different routines with us, I did 4. Squats were a bitch! Pullups sucked too, LOL. The down part was just a hang, then the up was really hard after hanging for a bit! If you let go 2 times, you stop.

He did the pistol at the end, fuck that is all I can say! I can't do one, let alone the entire song like he did.

Said we'll do it again next weekend.

Here is that damn song.

Comment

So two months into Crossfit and I'm getting noticeably stronger and my wife comments on how my body is improving. Muscle gains in most places, but I don't think I've lost an once of fat around my waist, it's a little frustrating.

I'm 5'11" and about 215lbs. I was 216lbs when I started. I don't care that I'm not losing weight, that's fine, but I want to lose these love handles and gut.

My diet is pretty good on work days (about 90% Paleo and I gave up bread and dairy 95%), but I have very little will-power on weekends. No sodas.

Update on my flexibility: still awful and I hate it

Comment

It sounds to me like you are trading fat for lean mass, which is good, but your weekends are killing your diet. The only way to know for sure is to start counting calories, fat loss really is simple math, burn more calories than you eat.

Two months is plenty of time to see some decent fat loss, 10lbs is easy in that time-frame when starting out, though half of it is water weight. You need to find out exactly how many calories you are eating each week.

Comment

I was using the MyFitnessPal app for a while, I guess I need to be more attentive to what I intake and keep diligent on weekends. I wish I could look at food as fuel and not as yummy fatty goodness.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

So two months into Crossfit and I'm getting noticeably stronger and my wife comments on how my body is improving. Muscle gains in most places, but I don't think I've lost an once of fat around my waist, it's a little frustrating.

I'm 5'11" and about 215lbs. I was 216lbs when I started. I don't care that I'm not losing weight, that's fine, but I want to lose these love handles and gut.

My diet is pretty good on work days (about 90% Paleo and I gave up bread and dairy 95%), but I have very little will-power on weekends. No sodas.

Update on my flexibility: still awful and I hate it
                            Look into a cyclical ketogenic diet. You've got to be very on point with your numbers, but you get a good cheat day cycle for carb reload once a week. Bascially 5.5 days of zero carb, 1.5 days of carb load. (very simple terms here)

Comment

I second the CKD method... Here's a couple of links that I refer back to from time to time.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=639169

Comment

I read through those links, thanks for that, and the suggestions. Some of those side-effects don't sound very appealing.

Comment

Working...
                                X