Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mark Preus View Post
    I just started last week getting back into shape. Been running two miles a day and lifting different muscles on different days. Just yesterday my left lower leg keeps getting tense while running. I stretch before I run. Anyone have any tips on getting rid of this pain? I only ran a mile today because it started to hurt again once I started running
    In my experience running pains are either from form or shoes or both. You'll have to fix your form and analyze your footwear needs. I suggest lots of reading and video watching and critical self analysis.

I spent about a year working on form and changing footwear. I'm still experimenting with footwear. I can however finally go run any day I choose for 3 miles with no issues. I'm going to try hitting 6 miles on one run a week this month.

I could come run with your and tell you what I see, but every person is different. I had all sorts of stupid things I was doing. One was causing some serious back and neck pains.

I also have a book I can give you that might help. I think I might have two still.

Comment

• Not sure how Ive skipped over this thread but Im gonna have to keep up with it now! Just started working out again last week. Just for some background Jan 2010 I weighed in at 296 (im 5'9'') and got down to 165 around summer time. Im back up to 185 now (I keep blaming the post holidays lol) and need to get back in shape. I screwed my knee up pretty good so Im going to have to focus more on weights which Im not a big fan of. Gonna cut out Rice/Tortilla/Bread, sugars, and alcohol during the week and start hitting the gym and interval training. Might get brave and post some pictures this week

Comment

• To my suprise I've actually been making progress. Been hittin the gym a few times per week, changing up my eating habits quite a bit, and tanning which just helps make you look a little better too. Clothes are fitting better, and I've been getting a few compliments that I look leaner. It feels great, I just have to keep this up. My weight last I checked was around 216lbs but I've definitely added some muscle.
        Last edited by bjtheman1; 04-14-2011, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Good job to all, and keep up the good work!
          Tell your girl, great video FFC.

As for me, I've still just been doing the norm...7 days a week, not a day off in 4 months.
          Hitting it hard and heavy for 2-2.5hrs a day, followed with cardio, and diet is in check as well.
          Body is probably due for some rest, but I am not feeling a bit fatigued.
          Sometimes, I go twice a day because I get bored.
          I'm down to around 220-235lbs now(depends what time of the day I weigh in at) and well into the single digit bf%'s.
          I am leaner than I have ever seen myself before and finally starting to become vascular.
          I haven't been under a standard bench press in 3 years now, but the other day, I said what the hell and gave it a try and got up 365lbs x 10 x 4 sets pretty easily.
          Guess them 150lb dumbbells been working their magic!!
          One thing I have been incorporating into mine and my partners training is CHANGE, lots of drop sets, lots of super sets, lots of changing of the weights vs reps, and even order of how I work out certain body groups and let me tell you...my body is feeling it and I am actually seeing the changes like never before!
          Intensity is the key.
          Keep up the good work people and like Rachel said, change takes time and lots of effort, so don't give up, just keep achieving!
          Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 03-30-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Well the low calories are starting to hit me. I have been holding steady at 700 for the past 2 weeks and doing an hour in the gym each mid-day. Getting up this morning I can feel it finally my body not my stomach is saying more food. So I am going to up the calories at first meal today (since I work nights that would be dinner). I think I could have used another 2 hours of sleep also.
            I wanted to get in an hour of cario tonight but the laundry department did not have my running clothes back when I got in today. Big cardio will have to wait till tomorrow. Maybe I can get some core body in tonight.
            Oh and my blood pressure is coming down. I am on meds for high BP but I have had it since my early 20s. Medicated I am normally a 130/90 and for the past few days, checking the same time each day I have been 120-125/75-80. How nice would it be to shed this weight for good and kick those meds?

haha down another 2.5 pounds
            3/26 = 205
            3/28 = 202
            3/30 = 199
            Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-30-2011, 10:42 AM.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• 700 calories sounds awfully low. how many times a day are you eating?

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                700 calories sounds awfully low. how many times a day are you eating?
                3-4 in a twelve hour period for a 14 hour day with an hour to an hour 15 in the gym in there. My work has me at a desk and on a computer for 12 hours, minus the gym.

For the record the photos in my original post I was putting down over 3,500 calories in 6 planned meals each day.

I got smacked with low energy getting up this morning though and picked up my intake. I put down two peices of baked chicken tonight they were leg, thigh quarters so two of those and some corn with a bottle of water.
                Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-30-2011, 11:32 AM.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Since this is a motivational thread, have I mentioned yet how much spring and the time change motivate me? Holy F, I love it.

Got spoiled by the nice weather (cold front?!) + don't feel like riding today = my view at lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                    Good job to all, and keep up the good work!
                    Tell your girl, great video FFC.

I'm down to around 220-235lbs now(depends what time of the day I weigh in at) and well into the single digit bf%'s.
                    !
                    Will do and I'm glad to hear someone else fluctuates 10-15 lbs a day!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Well the low calories are starting to hit me. I have been holding steady at 700 for the past 2 weeks and doing an hour in the gym each mid-day. Getting up this morning I can feel it finally my body not my stomach is saying more food. So I am going to up the calories at first meal today (since I work nights that would be dinner). I think I could have used another 2 hours of sleep also.
                      I wanted to get in an hour of cario tonight but the laundry department did not have my running clothes back when I got in today. Big cardio will have to wait till tomorrow. Maybe I can get some core body in tonight.
                      Oh and my blood pressure is coming down. I am on meds for high BP but I have had it since my early 20s. Medicated I am normally a 130/90 and for the past few days, checking the same time each day I have been 120-125/75-80. How nice would it be to shed this weight for good and kick those meds?

haha down another 2.5 pounds
                      3/26 = 205
                      3/28 = 202
                      3/30 = 199
                      If you're only taking in 700 calories a day, you're probably going to lose muslce mass as well as fat. Your body will burn 2x+ that a day just maintaining basic body functions.

While you are dropping numbers on the scale, you're not doing it very healthily is all I can say.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Well I have officially righted the ship from the almost 2 weeks of partying and vacation I had earlier this month. Since the 2 weeks of being home I have lost 8lbs and am down to the lowest weight I've been in well over 10yrs. As of this morning I am at 248.8lbs and officially down 86lbs! I am 14lbs from my goal! I WILL DO THIS!!

Comment

• Just did a ridiculous crossfit workout, and I'm so freaking sore 2 days later. Takes me back to my days of powerlifting. Down about 10 lbs, but haven't lost anything in the waist

Congrats, Chuck. You're almost there!

Comment

• I just started using the app myfitnesspal about two weeks ago and am down from 263 to 256. I didn't realize how many calories I was taking in. Now I really watch what I eat especially at restaurants since I log my intake. I think the accountability makes a big difference. The first 4-5 days were torture with my stomach making all kinds of noises. Now I have to make myself eat to meet my daily limit. I need to work on a good exercise regimen but don't have a decent gym locally so it's push ups and running 2-3 times a week. It's harder thinking about it but once you start it gets easier, just hope I can continue and not fail. I haven't been 240 in about 12 years, my goal is 215, ( I am currently 5'10" 256 but everyone says I look like I weigh 220) I would like to see what it feels like to run 5 miles with 50 less pounds on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfrog View Post
                              I just started using the app myfitnesspal about two weeks ago and am down from 263 to 256. I didn't realize how many calories I was taking in. Now I really watch what I eat especially at restaurants since I log my intake. I think the accountability makes a big difference. The first 4-5 days were torture with my stomach making all kinds of noises. Now I have to make myself eat to meet my daily limit. I need to work on a good exercise regimen but don't have a decent gym locally so it's push ups and running 2-3 times a week. It's harder thinking about it but once you start it gets easier, just hope I can continue and not fail. I haven't been 240 in about 12 years, my goal is 215, ( I am currently 5'10" 256 but everyone says I look like I weigh 220) I would like to see what it feels like to run 5 miles with 50 less pounds on me.
                              I noticed the same thing when I tried weight watchers a while back. Since you're figuring points, you pay closer attention to what you eat and how much. Do you find yourself planning more now?
                              2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                              '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                              '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                                I noticed the same thing when I tried weight watchers a while back. Since you're figuring points, you pay closer attention to what you eat and how much. Do you find yourself planning more now?
                                I guess, it's always in the back of my mind, I try to avoid certain restaurants now and buying certain foods at the grocery store. I have no craving or desire as i used to, even if someone brings donuts or something to work

Comment

Working...
                                X