Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I've been on hold the last week. Once I get these stitches out and all healed up, I'll be back training again.
    I hear ya- I think my legs and glutes are ready for my hand to heal so they can get a break!
    I'm soooo ready to start lifting again.. is it weird that I miss it?!

Comment

• Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
      I hear ya- I think my legs and glutes are ready for my hand to heal so they can get a break!
      We need progress pics....

Comment

Makes sense to me...shoulder surgery put me out for about 9mo! About went out of my head!

-Jonny
        2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
        '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
        '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
          Makes sense to me...shoulder surgery put me out for about 9mo! About went out of my head!

-Jonny
          Yeah, I'd probably go crazy too!

Comment

• I'm not in the competition but I am doing much better now! My birthday was on the 9th so I began celebrating on the 5th. On my usual Thursday weigh in on the 10th I realized I had gained 6lbs! Lol! Happy birthday to me. Then I went on vacation and spent a week in Dallas from the 12th through the 20th. Surprisingly I only gained 2lbs in that week. I did run a couple times and rode about 4 times in that week in Dallas. So I guess that helped me from not blowing up because god knows I ate like total shit.

Anyways since being back home I am back on my eating and exercise routine. I lost 4lbs in 3 days! So officially I have lost 81lbs since May 6, 2010. I plan to reach my goal of 100lbs lost by May 2011!

Comment

• Picked up a pair of these at Sun and Skii sports yesterday: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...ikila-Mens.htm ...man I love these shoes! I'm going to try running in them tomorrow. I've caught the "zen walking/running" bug!

Weighed myself this morning...down another 2lbs to 251, but pants are fitting looser. If it's anything like last time, once I'm running 2-3 times a week with my weights, it should fall off pretty quick! "Run Fat-Boy, Run!!"

-Jonny
              Last edited by Jonny00GT; 03-24-2011, 11:04 PM.
              2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
              '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
              '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

It's not weird. My wife, who had never run in her life until about March of last year, now misses running if we skip a day. I for the life of me, can't figure it out. So no, missing workouts, is not weird. Confusing, but not weird.

I missed not going to the gym when I had my bad allergies and sinus infection this month. It's over now, which is good because I have to perform on Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                  I'm not in the competition but I am doing much better now! My birthday was on the 9th so I began celebrating on the 5th. On my usual Thursday weigh in on the 10th I realized I had gained 6lbs! Lol! Happy birthday to me. Then I went on vacation and spent a week in Dallas from the 12th through the 20th. Surprisingly I only gained 2lbs in that week. I did run a couple times and rode about 4 times in that week in Dallas. So I guess that helped me from not blowing up because god knows I ate like total shit.

Anyways since being back home I am back on my eating and exercise routine. I lost 4lbs in 3 days! So officially I have lost 81lbs since May 6, 2010. I plan to reach my goal of 100lbs lost by May 2011!
                  Honestly Chuck, that is totally awesome.

I wish you'd have hit me up with a PM. I wanted to go for a ride with you. Next time you are in town, we will have to do a ride. On Saturday's my whole family goes riding. It's my fault that I got them hooked.

My 11 year old is getting super fast even though he doesn't realize it yet. I hope he sticks with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Honestly Chuck, that is totally awesome.

I wish you'd have hit me up with a PM. I wanted to go for a ride with you. Next time you are in town, we will have to do a ride. On Saturday's my whole family goes riding. It's my fault that I got them hooked.

My 11 year old is getting super fast even though he doesn't realize it yet. I hope he sticks with this.
                    Ya man. I totally dropped the ball on that one. But the truth is that my week went so damn fast and was so nonstop that I hardly had time to fit in the rides that I did do. And they were all road rides. I just had to go from my brothers apartment in Cedar Hill and ride around there.

Comment

• Well I finally took the plunge about 10 days ago and started back in the gym. Since I left the States in 2006 this is the heaviest I have ever been at 202 and 5'9". I have made this journey before and was very successful. Back in December 2004 I was at my heaviest at 195ish (I stopped weighing actually and when I started I got that number) and by June I had dropped down to 155. I went from 36" pants and never tucked in a shirt to 30" pants and tucked every chance I got. Here I am now, when I left back in 2006 I was up to 175 from a lack of working out and I have not been in the gym as much in the 5 years as I have been in the last 10 days.

Back in the day I was spending 2 hours 5-6 nights at home working out in my nicely appointed living room gym and running on the roads or on the treadmill in the complex gym. Starting out about 10 days ago I was smoked in 10 minutes. But for the last week I have been able to spend a full hour and last night I finally got into my "routine" (chest, tris, shoulders).

Again, just like in 2004, I stopped weighing; I weighed myself for the first time last Friday at 205 and I had already been in the gym for about a week plus my diet was slowly getting in check just as my body was getting used to the new routine. I was that guy for the past few years that joked, "the gym? hell no that shit is heavy in there." Well that attitude caught up to me and it took about a week plus to get my body used to the movements.

I am working nights in our Security Operations center filling in for a dude while he is out on a medical leave and should be here for the next 6 months minus my pending R&R in May. So every night around 0100 I grab my stuff and get over to the lightly appointed gym that is less than 75 yards away. I have a workout buddy but he and I do two totally different workouts but we won't let either one miss a night. So 7 nights a week I am going to be in there like I have been for the last 10plus nights.

I have another 35 days to meet a goal I have set and some of you may disagree and chastise me but here it is: I want to leave for R&R in May at 180; so 22 pounds to go, in 35 days. My plan of attack is very much like it was back in 2004/2005; moderate, steady, broad range of weights mixed with as much cardio as I can do and limit my calorie intake. Here is where I am gonna get yelled at; for the past 4 days I have managed to count/limit my intake to 600-700 calories, very little if any fat, carbs and sugar but heavy in the protein section (my gas could clear a jail cell block right now).

Besides eating very little in our chow halls and instead eating packaged food from the tiny ass exchange here such as Bumblebee albacore packs, Healthy Choice chicken and rice soups, oatmeals, EAS myoplex lite or carb control; I am taking Lippo 6 Black (cause I have some already) and BSN Epozine-02.

If I can access my photobucket later I will post a pic from my hardwork in 2005 and a recent pic of my fat head. Two totally different people; one was happy and the other is disgusted with himself.

We will see what the results are in 35 days and I hope to be able to post up 2-3 pound weight drops every 5-6 days.

So with all that said, off to the shower after a great workout.

My goal. Here I (blue shirt) am June 2005 after 6 months, 195ish-155, I will have to take a recent pic of my 200 pound self tomorrow

Last edited by KBScobravert; 03-30-2011, 12:47 AM.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Update

Still have lots of changing to do.. *SIGH*

Hopefully soon, I can start lifting again..

Com'on abs...

Comment

• and there goes the sticky keyboard...

Comment

• Koopa

Don't be dissappointed...I think 6 pack abs are ugly on 99% of chicks...

My girl is 5'9 150 lbs @ 16% body fat, current record holding 3 time WORLD champion swimmer, and personal trainer to boot..She doesn't even have a 6 pack.

It's mostly genetics..I believe females lose their cycle @ around 12-15% body fat and you look like you are in the 18-20% range. Guys can strut around with 3% body fat all day but girls start having health problems at around 10%.

If you have any questions I'm sure she would love to help. In 6 weeks shes managed to bulk me up about 12 lbs of solid muscle.

Here's a link to her audition tape to biggest loser.

It's shot at a wide panoramic angle per biggest loser audition requests so it looks abit wide. I'm also in there throwing up a few 315 lb bench reps with her spotting me.
                            Last edited by FunFordCobra; 05-30-2011, 12:37 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• FFC- thanks for the post! Your girl looks great,btw! I dont exactly want a "6-pack" but I would like to have really nice definition.. If that makes any sense. If I did end up with a 6-pack, badass! That is a good video, it's nice to see you two supporting eachother..that's very motivating! I need to learn patience!
                              Last edited by KoopaTroopa; 03-30-2011, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• I just started last week getting back into shape. Been running two miles a day and lifting different muscles on different days. Just yesterday my left lower leg keeps getting tense while running. I stretch before I run. Anyone have any tips on getting rid of this pain? I only ran a mile today because it started to hurt again once I started running
                                1997 viper gts
                                1986 turbo mustang
                                1987 Buick grand national
                                1972 nova

Comment

Working...
                                X