Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it back yet?

Comment

Funny that people are pissed about not being able to play online video games while their personal and credit card data are already for sale on the carder forums hosted out of Eastern Europe. Saw some of these forums at a conference in DC this past week and they actually look just like this one. Classic Card data was US$10-$20 and Premium Card (Gold/Platinum) data was US$30-$50. If you want the CVV code that's another US$6-$15, and so on. Crazy stuff....and there's people on there who are selling their triple-DES decryption services.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
          lol see it is the same thing as what you guys are saying for the 360. So the same could be said about you Magnus. And no stock owned in sony i just own both and play both just my PS3 more. Well until Gears 3 comes out then i'll probably be stuck on that. Oh yea and i'm on my 7 or 8th Xbox since launch from the Red Ring. Now on the new one so i hope it won't break. Still on my first PS3 since launch. Just saying.
          How the hell are you getting so many RROD? I have one of the first generation Elites that had the RROD ONCE and Microsoft was on the ball and repaired it and it's never given me a minute of trouble. Try either dusting yours or taking the power pack and putting it where it can breathe. Either that or stop humping the system. That's not good for it and you'll jar something loose.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            How the hell are you getting so many RROD? I have one of the first generation Elites that had the RROD ONCE and Microsoft was on the ball and repaired it and it's never given me a minute of trouble. Try either dusting yours or taking the power pack and putting it where it can breathe. Either that or stop humping the system. That's not good for it and you'll jar something loose.
            LOL I have lost 5 of them and tried all the tricks to keep them alive. I even bought a brand new elite last year and had it a month and it died. Everytime I posted about it on X Box live forums it got deleted and I was not even ugly about it. The repaired unit is working ok but it doesnt always read the disc. Awsome game system and pretty good warranty but just a pain in the ass.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

(Reuters) - Shares of Sony rose on Monday, a day after the firm said it would resume some services on its PlayStation Network this week and offer customer incentives following the theft of personal information belonging to 78 million users.

Sony said on Sunday it would offer some free content, including 30 days of free membership to a premium service to existing users and in some regions pay credit card-renewal fees, but added compensation would only be paid if users suffered damage.

Comment

I've tried everything as well to keep my 360s running. Cleaning, open area, aftermarket fans, and still I got RROD or bad disc read errors. It's just the system. I mean it's not like I'm he only one in the world with the problem. Just hope they fix it with their next system.

Comment

I wonder what the ratio of people that set their xbox on it's side VS the people who stand it upright are that get the RROD? Or people who move their system around a lot.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    Using what, a wireless keyboard and a mouse? Not exactly ideal for being on a couch, recliner, or bed while playing. Plus, how much did you spend on your gaming computer? My old roommate was up to about $600 to be able to run games kinda well. My xbox was $300 and works perfectly.
                    I used an xbox controller the last time I used this setup. It wasn't my rig, but it looked pretty nice. You ought to ask 5.0_CJ about his setup, that's where I was.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
                      Funny that people are pissed about not being able to play online video games while their personal and credit card data are already for sale on the carder forums hosted out of Eastern Europe. Saw some of these forums at a conference in DC this past week and they actually look just like this one. Classic Card data was US$10-$20 and Premium Card (Gold/Platinum) data was US$30-$50. If you want the CVV code that's another US$6-$15, and so on. Crazy stuff....and there's people on there who are selling their triple-DES decryption services.
                      So since the information has already been stolen, what can I/we do to protect ourselves?
                      I am thinking about filing a fraud report with the 3 major CBR's.
                      Is there anything else that I should do?
                      Any help would be appreciated from all.

Comment

Putting a credit bureau fraud alert on your Experian, Equifax, or Transunion credit report will help protect you from identity theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          I went ahead and placed fraud alerts with Equifax and Experian online.
                          I am not sure that I want to freeze my credit report just yet.
                          That link was very helpful, thank you very much!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              I used an xbox controller the last time I used this setup. It wasn't my rig, but it looked pretty nice. You ought to ask 5.0_CJ about his setup, that's where I was.
                              That's kind of what i do. I run an hdmi cable from my pc, to my tv, and use the wifeless xbox adapter for my pc. has definitely helped take a bit out of what i was spending on console games i'd only play single player, by.. . uh, getting them for free.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                                So since the information has already been stolen, what can I/we do to protect ourselves?
                                I am thinking about filing a fraud report with the 3 major CBR's.
                                Is there anything else that I should do?
                                Any help would be appreciated from all.
                                That link ^^^ posted is good - doesn't hurt to place a flag on your bureau/account so they check with you before they do anything (including changing address/numbers). Other than that you can just request a replacement card but it also depends on what info Sony asked you for when you signed up, and if they store it with the card data. Sony said the data was encrypted but the US SS guys were saying/showing triple DES decryption services for sale on the carder forums, so the data won't stay encrypted for very long.

Comment

Working...
                                X