Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when you went to www.swtor.com/tester did it show you scheduled for anything?

When you are logged in, under where you download the client, there should be a schedule area, does it say "SCHEDULED" in yellow?

Comment

• friday night=no sleep.

Comment

• 3 hours to level 10 listening to all the quest dialogue. ill try for 30ish tommorow

Comment

• yep, this is fun..... lol, i know its probably my laptop but i dont think so...

Specs on my laptop
          2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
          1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
          1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
          1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
          2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
          2011 Ford Mustang V6
          2011 Ford Mustang GT
          2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
          2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

• nvm, here are the specs of my graphics card from my laptop, looks like i cant run it and will have to wait till my computer is finished.

2014 Ford F250 4X4 *DD*
            1992 Ford Mustang GT

Previous Vehicles:
            1989 Ford Mustang 4 cyl. Turbo coupe
            1986 Ford Mustang GT T-Top
            2011 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
            2011 Ford Mustang V6
            2011 Ford Mustang GT
            2013 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
            2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost 4x4

Comment

• I ran it but it lagged so badly it was pathetic
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• This game is FUN AS HELL! I love all the cutscenes and all the voicing work. It is a bit cartoonish, but I've got nothing to complain about, other than when I go to log out the game locks up on me.

My highest character is a level 10 Marauder, with a level 7 BH, probably end up Mercenary with that one. Waiting on a couple of friends to catch up so we can group together, all I can say is they'd better hurry up!

Comment

• Yep Im very happy with the game also. Im a lvl 13 jedi knight sentinal. Tried some PVP and its not really my thing. I have to work today but Ill start back up tonight. I plan on playing a Bounty Hunter on the retail so I wanted to try republic this go around so I dont ruin it.

Great game!

Comment

• Oh as far as issues I had, I had one BSOD but I think it was due to my GPU's running a bit hot. Other than that, there was some real bad flickering going on with the shadows but that was fixed by turning shadow quality down in the option. I also had one issue were my player got stuck, I defeated an enemy and right before I beat him he hit me with a stun and it stuck. I had to log out and back in about 3 times before I could move again. I read afterwards that if you ever get stuck type /stuck in the messege field and it will revert you to the last place you were not stuck.

Other than that, I had no lag and the game played beautifully. I was very surprised. I really like the cut scenes and the only thing I wish they would change is to have all the NPC's speak english no matter what their species is like they do in Clone Wars.

I took a boatload of screen shots too. I need to check and see if I can post them, if I can I will.

Comment

• So beta is over, who played and what did you think?

I played a Jedi knight sentinal so I wouldnt spoil the bounty hunter story I planned on playing at retail. I got to level 19 and got my ship. I thought it was great, I was really surprised how polished the game was for being beta. I only found one bug in the textures and had no issues with anything else. IMO, the jedi knight sentinal role was a bit weak, I found my companion was doing more damage than I was. I did most of it solo and alot of people are upset saying its too easy but I think its good right where it is. I found myself struggling alot and sometimes having to level up and try again later.

I didnt get into crafting too much, I was splicing and sending my droids out on underworld trading missions and it seems that will take a long time to level up.

I read some people didnt like the space missions but I found them to be a nice diversion and fun. For some reason that mission stress tested my pc though and caused it to overheat.

Comment

• I got to level 23 with an Imperial Agent/Sniper. I enjoyed the game more than any other MMO I've ever played. The voice acting was excellent. At 23, I got to a few missions with datapads, and all text information, so it was kind of a let down

I had one lockup, no blue screens, no crashes, and only got stuck once. I had some texture problems as well, as I turned everything up to high just to see how it would react. During the cut scenes, it would take a second for it to finish drawing all the layers. No big deal, but wanted to see how maxed out I could take the graphics on my card. (GeForce 8800 GTX)

The game is a blast, and I can't wait til release now. I really should have played a second Republic character, just to see what the beginning was like for them. I ended up taking a lot of dark side options as the Imperial Agent, and ended up "hooking up with" a female Sith Lord, and a chick in a cantina as part of a mission. No "sex" cut scenes like Dragon Age or Mass Effect. But same sort of build up and outcomes. Unfortunately no hoooker trading cards like Dragon Age to keep up with I kid.

Comment

• Did anyone figure out how to use those rewards that were currency. I cant remember the name to save my ass though. They werent credits, they were some kind of alternative currency award.

Comment

• No, I didn't spend much time with the vendors in the game, I figured it was beta, why buy anything that you aren't going to be able to keep. I was laughing at people trying to sell items in Chat, I guess if it really mattered to you, why not, but I just personally didn't see the point.

My main goal was to get through as much content as possible, and test the system when they asked for specific testing. Now that I made it that far in Imperial Agent (same as Republic Smuggler) I'm not sure what I'll play at release. I may continue through the Imperial Agent story just because I was really getting into it. Lying, cheating, killing, seducing, etc. haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                              Did anyone figure out how to use those rewards that were currency. I cant remember the name to save my ass though. They werent credits, they were some kind of alternative currency award.
                              Are you talking about the commendations? If so, there are venders in the big cities to use them to buy gear ect. I got to level 29 on my trooper (he was already lvl 15 from last weekend beta) and 15 on my smuggler, which is what I plan to play. I have enjoyed the game, and saddened when beta ends lol. I have found a few minor bugs, I also have noticed its time to upgrade some of my comp.

Comment

• yeah the commendations! I wish they would have put a better tutorial on those. I didnt know where to spend them. Someone in general chat said the cantina but of course that wasnt right.

I think they can improve on the vendors/trainers. They are too spread around IMO and it got confusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X