Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since the Trooper maps to Bounty Hunter, it's basically the Bounty Hunter of the Republic.

Their way around this is that the Trooper class is the elite of the Trooper Army. Think Green Berets, Navy Seals, Delta Force, etc.

Also this was before the Clone Wars era of Clone Troopers.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      It's an MMO, but built on the same engine as Dragon Age II, and Mass Effect 2.

Much more of a First Person-ish feel, with a decision tree built into the game, which makes everyone's experience different, almost like a choose your own adventure sort of deal. With a Star Wars overlay
      Why don't you want player houses? I really though that Idea was cool and enjoyed making them as an architect in SWG.

Comment

Originally posted by Chvyblzr1972 View Post
        Why don't you want player houses? I really though that Idea was cool and enjoyed making them as an architect in SWG.
        I guess for me it just seems to cause game campers.

Just like people who only come into the game to socialize. It's a game, not your life. You don't need to create a world for your fake character to live in, or a house for them, or decorate it, etc. etc.

It's just me tho. I played SWG, and it was a completely cool concept in a lot of ways, but the game was soooooo long winded, that it couldn't hold my interest when I did play.

Comment

I guess for me it just seems to cause game campers.

Just like people who only come into the game to socialize. It's a game, not your life. You don't need to create a world for your fake character to live in, or a house for them, or decorate it, etc. etc.

It's just me tho. I played SWG, and it was a completely cool concept in a lot of ways, but the game was soooooo long winded, that it couldn't hold my interest when I did play.
          Yeah back when it first came out it did not have any real content. I like the houses because I could go to a solitary place and do my crafting. and store my stuff without having to go into the busy cities and have to have my chat box filled with morons talking about nothing. or screaming about there wares and crap. I know i could have turned the channel off but i never did. I liked the homes and guild halls and player cities. I never decorated mine. Just had bags all over to store crap in.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            And who is going to play Trooper aka Red Shirts of Star Wars?

Even in all the promo videos where they hype up each of the classes for being badasses, the troopers role is :Try not to die until a jedi can come here and save my ass.

=P
            Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Is the trooper a DPS type class?
            I wouldnt say the trooper is the equivalent of the bounty hunter, more like the equivalent of the impreial agent. They are DPS with BIG guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              I wouldnt say the trooper is the equivalent of the bounty hunter, more like the equivalent of the impreial agent. They are DPS with BIG guns.

It's not the size or your gun, it's how you shoot it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chvyblzr1972 View Post
                It's not the size or your gun, it's how you shoot it!
                Tell that to this guy

Comment

actually go look again at the mappings of their abilities.

Smuggler - Imperial Agent

Trooper - Bounty Hunter

Don't get me wrong each class will be different, I don't think Troopers will get back pack rockets or anything, but that's how they are mapping them.

Comment

actually go look again at the mappings of their abilities.

Smuggler - Imperial Agent

Trooper - Bounty Hunter

Don't get me wrong each class will be different, I don't think Troopers will get back pack rockets or anything, but that's how they are mapping them.
                    Where are you looking? What do you mean by mapping?

Comment

Trooper Vanguard - heavy armor, high survivability due to defensive tactics (tank)
                      Bounty Hunter PowerTech - heavy armor, defensive tactics, one-man blockade (tank)

Tooper Commando - advanced assault tactics, brute firepower, high-powered hardware (dps)
                      Trooper Mercenary - Heavily-modded blasters, heatseeking missles, mobile heavy weapons platform (dps)

Smuggler Gunslinger - can shoot out a man's legs to keep him from charging, blind him, inflict serious injuries for maximum distraction (CC/range)
                      Imperial Agent Sniper - cover tactics, sharpshooter, target's enemy vulnerabilities (CC/range)

Imperial Agent Operative - stealth, close range combat, medical technology (support class)
                      Smuggler Scoundrel - stealth belt, scatter gun, and med pack (support class)

Comment

Where are you looking? What do you mean by mapping?
                        I posted them on the first page, but under classes/specializations on SWTOR's website.

Mapping Republic characters classes to Sith character classes.

Just like any MMO, each side has a class that is the same as the opposite side, so if you play good or evil you can have the same character abilities and roles, maybe different names, but basically they do the same thing.

Comment

Tell that to this guy
                          With a gun that big, I ain't saying shit to him

Comment

I can't wait to sign up with my Sith named Luke Skywalker.

I'll probably buy this game but how interested I become in it is probably going to be determined by how good the ship combat and economy is rather than the MMO part of it. I'm a little burned out on that stuff from Wow and that is part of the reason I like to play Eve Online.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I posted them on the first page, but under classes/specializations on SWTOR's website.

Mapping Republic characters classes to Sith character classes.

Just like any MMO, each side has a class that is the same as the opposite side, so if you play good or evil you can have the same character abilities and roles, maybe different names, but basically they do the same thing.
                              Yeah I know about equal proffesions on each side but where are they saying the BH is the equivalent of the trooper?

BH and smuggler are both pistol classes and trooper and agent are both carbine/rifle classes. Thats how I always understood it but I have never seen the devs directly compare them.

**EDIT** BTW, Im not saying your wrong, I just never saw them compare them. If you google it most agree with you but I just dont understand how.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                I can't wait to sign up with my Sith named Luke Skywalker.

I'll probably buy this game but how interested I become in it is probably going to be determined by how good the ship combat and economy is rather than the MMO part of it. I'm a little burned out on that stuff from Wow and that is part of the reason I like to play Eve Online.
                                You strike me as the target Eve player.

Im too buisness dumb to even attempt it

Comment

Working...
                                X