Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Presales have begun!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
    Republic or empire?

Korribans lancers is one of the largest on the empire side.

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk
    For the Horde!

Who do we talk to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman85turbo View Post
      For the Horde!

Who do we talk to?
      You register on swtor.com/guilds but i think there is a freeze on guilds untill the official launch.

Korribanslancers.com is the guild forum

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk

Comment

• Finally got my rig up and going last night, only got to level 3 before I had to get to bed though. UPS guy didnt show untill 830 at night. They are working those guys late this time of year!

Anyway, I had to wait over 30 minutes to get into the server. I was #355 in que!

Comment

• Comment

• Hah. One of my engineers called off work for the first two days of EGA and traded working for between xmas/new years stretch so he could. He didnt get in until Friday. Lolz.

I think that vid was his reaction.

Comment

• For six years worth of work, I'm finding this game to be huge let down so far. They tried way to much to be like WoW. I may stick with EVE. The original SWG was light years ahead of this so far.... I built and mayor an entire city in that game. I'm also sure Chuck Norris would take SWG TK over WoW any day.

I have a lvl 8 Jedi Consular. It's pretty gay. I may have to go Sith bounty hunter or I may just drop this overly price wish we could be WoW clone.

Comment

• LOL, this game is NOTHING like WoW. Maybe Mass Effect but nothing like WoW. What similarities are you finding?

Oh and I was on SWG since day one and that game was the biggest waste of money. Granted I only lasted about 6 months before I gave up and I heard they made real progress over the years but it was the absolute worst game I have ever played. I hunted swamp rats for weeks and never really got into a storyline.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  For six years worth of work, I'm finding this game to be huge let down so far. They tried way to much to be like WoW. I may stick with EVE. The original SWG was light years ahead of this so far.... I built and mayor an entire city in that game. I'm also sure Chuck Norris would take SWG TK over WoW any day.

I have a lvl 8 Jedi Consular. It's pretty gay. I may have to go Sith bounty hunter or I may just drop this overly price wish we could be WoW clone.
                  I see you are well stocked on drugs.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                    LOL, this game is NOTHING like WoW. Maybe Mass Effect but nothing like WoW. What similarities are you finding?

Oh and I was on SWG since day one and that game was the biggest waste of money. Granted I only lasted about 6 months before I gave up and I heard they made real progress over the years but it was the absolute worst game I have ever played. I hunted swamp rats for weeks and never really got into a storyline.
                    I agree with everythign said here, exactly the same experience.

Comment

• SWG was garbage.

WoW was fun, but it was just a prettier version of EverQuest.

There are similarites (Group roles - Tank, Healer, DPS) but the game is different as a whole. Being story-based, it's so much more RPG'sh where you can play the character personality the way you want to. In WOW/EverQuest - if you wanted your character to be an asshole, tough shit - you've still gotta go out and collect nuts, pick flowers and everyone loves you.

Here, you can be a smart ass, you can tell people to piss off or you can play with honor. it's your choice and the story grows around it. It's like Choose Your Own Adventure in a digital form.

The FlashPoints are most certainly NOT like Wow. In Wow it was start at the entrance, fight all the way down and hit boss1, then fight some more trash, boss2. With the flashpoints, theres a story throughout and depending on your group responses it can be different each time. Do you let the bastard live or kill him? Who knows.

At level 8 you haven't seen jack shit yet, so I'd silence that "it's faux-WoW" inner voice. Because that part of you is deluded.

Comment

• I made a couple characters on DWB. Feel free to add me to friends lists.

delrath: lvl 26 jedi sage
                        delnor: lvl 10 smuggler gunslinger

Comment

• yeah the storylines alone makes it much different than WoW. This game is much like mass effect though but with more RPG features.

Only thing I do wish it had was more auction houses like WoW. Im a level 13 BH powertech and picked armortech/scavanging/underworld trading as my skills. I spent a few hours sending my companion on side missions for mat's and XP while watching a movie then crafting armor. I really like how the armor you craft from the start is usefull, not crap like WoW. I was able to upgrade all my storyline armor with stuff I made. Anyway I wanted to sell it but didnt feel like going all the way back to the transport and to the fleet where I believe the only auction houses are.

Comment

• The galactic market kiosks are scattered throughout spaceports/colonies and of course at the fleet. I'm looking for a location breakdown at the moment too.

Comment

• well I knew they were on the fleet ships but seems BW removed alot during beta for some reason and now they arent on every world. PITA and Im hoping that will get changed soon. They need to make those things avail at any colony of decent size.

Comment

• No its way too much like wow.... go here and pick 5 flowers and return them..... except now its go kill 5 flesh eaters with your faux lightsaber and report back to your Jedi master.

Moving exactly the same.... autotargeting same.... auto attack same..... right click to loot the same..... push buttons one through ten for special attack and see cool animation exactly the same.... this is just another copy of the same thing in a new wrapper.

Heck go to your master for new special skills every two levels.... exactly tge same.

And honestly the graphics blow.

So the storyline is developed, we can thank lucasarts for that. Biowares mechanics might as well be blizzards leftovers though.

This game was way overhyped. I see you all are the people hyping it up though. Congratulations on your success of hype. I predict a rapidly shrinking subscriber base though.

Yes SWG originally was hard. That was the appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                X