No announcement yet.

Peace Love and Rockets LAN Party 11/05/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registration is pass half full, if you are even considering going I would register to make sure you have a spot.

Sponsors will be updated once again by the end of the week
    Your passage to Enlightenment will come from the end of my barrel.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
    The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Registration has filled up! No worries though, once we get enough people on the wait list we will open up for a additional 20-30 people. So if you are still interested in attending PLR go ahead and register! www.peaceloveandrockets.org

Updated sponsors on original post.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
      The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

I'm excited!!

Comment

Good News Everyone! We are happy to bring aboard Gamerz Unite!

Gamerz Unite has agreed to run a tournament or two and introduce their community to the PLR family! We are excited to have Gamerz Unite aboard and can't wait to show you what we have in store for you! Below is what they just announced about what they will be contributing to Peace Love and Rockets!

"Today we're announcing our sponsorship of the Peace, Love & Rockets lan party that will take place in Addison, TX on Saturday, November, 5 2011. The festivities kick off at 11am and end at 10pm. The lan itself is pretty much full at the moment but guests are always welcome to come check out the event. The gaming event will feature several tournaments which include the following;

"Official GU Sponsored" Command & Conquer Generals: Zero Hour (2v2)
          Starcraft 2: 1v1 Single Elimination
          Quake Live: 1v1 Double Elmination
          Unreal Tournament 3: FFA

We'll be giving away various prizes for the tournament which will include:

- CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
          - Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory
          - 2 x Patriot Supersonic Xpress 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drives
          - 2 x Kingston DataTraveler 100 Generation 2 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives
          - Official PLR/Gamerzunite.com branded t-shirts

We'll announce what tournaments these prizes belong to later."

Could this LAN get any better?!?! Well yes it can! Keep watching in the coming weeks for more sponsors, prizes, and news on Peace Love and Rockets coming to you on November 5th!

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
          The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Brink poster anyone?

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
            The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Due to events beyond our control, we have been forced to find a new location for our November edition of Peace Love and Rockets. Do not fear, we haven't moved it too far, but we need to make sure that everyone spreads the word! The new location is at the Sterling Hotel in Dallas! The address at this location is 1055 Regal Row Dallas, TX 75247-4404, you can see the hotel right off Hwy 114(CORRECTION)! We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause. If you are unable to make the event then please contact us at info@peacelovandrockets.org to cancel your registration, (if you pre-paid, we will refund you in full). We are working our hardest to keep this event alive and kicking and are very happy that the Sterling Hotel has worked with us to keep this event going.

At this time we very happy to announce that we are opening registration to 90 people, so anyone that was on the wait list previously is now automatically registered for the LAN! Due to the high volume of requests for more seating, we will be releasing seats that were previously reserved at 1 p.m. ( 2 hours after registration opens), so make sure that you get there earlier than later. If you have or are going to pre-pay for the LAN, your seat will be saved throughout the entire event! We encourage everyone to come out at or after the 1pm cut off and try to get a spot at this amazing LAN if you are stuck on the wait list.

On other news, we have cancelled the Quake Live tournament, we are sorry for those of you that were looking forward to this and we hope to bring it back at our next event. We have posted the map list for the Starcraft 2 1v1 tournament which you can find here. We encourage everyone to sign up for the two current tournaments that we have up, and who knows...we might have a secret tournament that might pop up in the middle of the event so be ready!

At this time, our focus game of Battlefield 3 might be a bit hard to accommodate, while we are working our hardest to keep it playable at the LAN, limitations are arising at the new location. We will update you on our focus game as soon as we know more information.

Please remember that the venue has changed to the Sterling Hotel in Dallas, the Holiday Inn Express in Addison is no longer the location. Please inform everyone that is interested in attending this event. Any questions about the changes or the event please email info@peaceloveandrockets.org.

Thanks
              - PLR Staff

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
              The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

A little bit last minute, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to count on the ride I was planning on for the LAN. Any chance I could bum a ride off of someone else that's going? D:

Don't worry, I'll only carjack you a little bit

Comment

You might want to check on having BF3 as a main focus game, lots of issues (also occured in the Beta) with multiple players coming from one source IP, disconnects for no reason. DICE didn't code something right...I can't play LAN with any of my friends at my small LAN parties.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                    You might want to check on having BF3 as a main focus game, lots of issues (also occured in the Beta) with multiple players coming from one source IP, disconnects for no reason. DICE didn't code something right...I can't play LAN with any of my friends at my small LAN parties.
                    At this time, the focus game of BF3 is questionable due to venue change and internet access at the new location, this is the least of our worries right now and are working on a different solution for the LANs focus game.

Fear not, gaming will happen and fun will be had regardless.

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
                    The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie1701c View Post
                      A little bit last minute, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to count on the ride I was planning on for the LAN. Any chance I could bum a ride off of someone else that's going? D:

Don't worry, I'll only carjack you a little bit
                      Where are you trying to get a ride from?

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
                      The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

Fort Worth, Hulen area.

Realize I could potentially take public transit, but that would mean I can't bring my gaming PC with me, and my netbook isn't exactly a gaming powerhouse. That and I'd have to leave really early to catch the last train back to Fort Worth

Comment

Pics are up from the event! Everyone left with a TON of swag and great memories, hope to see everyone at the next one! You can find the pics here - https://www.facebook.com/thetexangamer?sk=photos

BF3 Stats

The Texan Gamer
                          The Texan Gamer Facebook

Comment

This was win, and not any trouble with playing BF3. Could not have been happier.
                            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

'Twas a wonderful lan... looking forward to the next one.

Comment

Working...
                              X