BF3/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canister shell on XBOX is a joke.

At one point, last night, Greg, Matt, and I were in a tank with a multitude of different perks. It was a veritable fortress against the other tank. We had a very solid hold on the infantry, especially considering that we were on Seine crossing. They finally decided to leave their tank in the spawn, as it was pointless to bring it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      If you want to own with the tank, you need to run reactive armor, thermal, and canister shot. That's the trifecta of ownage.
      I currently run reactive armor/prox scan depending on the map, thermal, and laser guided. I've been reconsidering the laser guided missiles and going back to either the LMG or HMG.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        Looks like we need to update the screen names and gamer tags on the first post.
        origin tab added, let me know if there are issues updating it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
          Canister shell on XBOX is a joke.

At one point, last night, Greg, Matt, and I were in a tank with a multitude of different perks. It was a veritable fortress against the other tank. We had a very solid hold on the infantry, especially considering that we were on Seine crossing. They finally decided to leave their tank in the spawn, as it was pointless to bring it out.
          I'm quick enough and accurate enough with the main tank cannon that infantry very rarely stand a chance, especially with someone manning the .50 up top. That coupled with guided shell....

WIth the CITV station giving us proximity scan, then Greg and Robert running thermal camo and maintenance, and me running reactive armor, and thermal optics.....yea, a fortress is a pretty good description.
          Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
            I currently run reactive armor/prox scan depending on the map, thermal, and laser guided. I've been reconsidering the laser guided missiles and going back to either the LMG or HMG.
            Switch to canister shot, thermal, and reactive. LMG/HMG is nice, but canister is much better. Much, much better. Guided missiles are good if you have a third seat and you have having targets lased. However, if you're using it for tank fighting it's not the best weapon. If you factor in the total damage a top down attack laser guided shell does, and then add up all of the time between locking, firing, and impact you actually can do more damage with a standard (non loader upgraded) main gun.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Switch to canister shot, thermal, and reactive. LMG/HMG is nice, but canister is much better. Much, much better. Guided missiles are good if you have a third seat and you have having targets lased. However, if you're using it for tank fighting it's not the best weapon. If you factor in the total damage a top down attack laser guided shell does, and then add up all of the time between locking, firing, and impact you actually can do more damage with a standard (non loader upgraded) main gun.
              I'll give that a try and see how it turns out.
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I'll give that a try and see how it turns out.
                you can also kill infantry from across the map in a single shot. When they are about ~250 meters+ you kill them about 33% of the time, but within that distance, almost every single time. And you can also hit aircraft with it. The trick is to learn to switch between canister and main gun when you're fighting infantry, constantly switching back and fort effectively cutting your reload time in half. A LOT of the time you'll fire your main gun at an infantry, they won't die, and then they presume they have 2-3 seconds of reload time to attack you, so they come out of hiding, run up on you and BAM canister to the face. Also never forget to stop moving... sitting still WILL get your ass killed every time, I usually move back and forth constantly as i'm attacking infantry.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I just wish we had 32-32 for xbox and those giant maps. 12-12 is great, but we can not get nearly as many kills as the PC guys. You just have so many more targets!

Comment

That's because they have engineers in the chopper repairing it when you're firing. You can get enough engineers in a transport helo to literally make it unkillable. In those circumstances you need around 3 stinger infantry to fire simultaneously, or you need someone with a soflam to lase the chopper and then get some top attack hits, should be a one shot kill.
                    Wow, I didn't know that they could be repaired in flight.

Also, those little drone things are insanely overpowered, I was in a couple of Seine Crossing matches where a guy was using them, he was decimating our team left and right, actually flying it into buildings, going up and down stairs and killing everyone by bumping into them. He was actually killing 3-4 people within seconds. He had 30+ kills in each of the two matches.

Stevo
                    Originally posted by SSMAN
                    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

• I've got a nice pair of Turtle Beach headphones now and those damn little drone helicopters buzzing around in my ears drive me fuckin crazy! lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo View Post
                        Wow, I didn't know that they could be repaired in flight.

Also, those little drone things are insanely overpowered, I was in a couple of Seine Crossing matches where a guy was using them, he was decimating our team left and right, actually flying it into buildings, going up and down stairs and killing everyone by bumping into them. He was actually killing 3-4 people within seconds. He had 30+ kills in each of the two matches.

Stevo
                        Get the 870 out for those situations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venix View Post
                          I just wish we had 32-32 for xbox and those giant maps. 12-12 is great, but we can not get nearly as many kills as the PC guys. You just have so many more targets!
                          While that's true, you also have to realize that when we play Conquest Large (64 player) our spawns and the map itself is considerably larger than what you play, so it isn't like a giant cluster fuck - people are spread out much further.

Comment

While that's true, you also have to realize that when we play Conquest Large (64 player) our spawns and the map itself is considerably larger than what you play, so it isn't like a giant cluster fuck - people are spread out much further.
                            Do you have the option of playing certain maps on the PC game or does it just cycle through maps like it does on Xbox?

Comment

Do you have the option of playing certain maps on the PC game or does it just cycle through maps like it does on Xbox?
                              yeah my server just runs caspian and firestorm. You can select how long, how many tickets, what map, etc.

Comment

yeah my server just runs caspian and firestorm. You can select how long, how many tickets, what map, etc.
                                It would be nice if you could do that with the xbox, I'd have about 5 maps I play all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X