No announcement yet.

PC Gamers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you run different sizes? Like a 24 in the center and 20's on the sides in portrait mode?

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
      Can you run different sizes? Like a 24 in the center and 20's on the sides in portrait mode?
      Not possible on Nvidia or AMD, look into SoftTH if you are really interested. Only problem is it won't work with xfire/sli.

Comment

• Yep I think the high FPS was the issue. I repasted the card I had taken out and just reused the thermal pads. I ran Heaven11 benchmark at 1920x1080 with tessalation off so I could really get the FPS up there. I restarted in between benchmarks and let the cards cool down.

Vsync on locked at 60fps

Vsync off average of 188 with a high of 345fps

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          How thick.of a desk can it clamp to? My desk is like 2.5" thick?
          I just remembered about this post. Just measured and it looks like 1 3/4 inch is as thick as it will clamp to. The opening is just under 2 inches but the clamp screws have rubber caps on them.

Sent from LG Thrill using Tapatalk

Comment

• Crazy difference in load though, that could be attributed to your temp difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
              Crazy difference in load though, that could be attributed to your temp difference.
              Same thing they said on hard forum too but I didnt have load set to show max reading so thats why it shows such a difference. Here is another snip with vsync on and the main GPU is at 99% and the other 3 at 40%. The main set of vregs are the ones that overheat though so it sits at 99-100% usage no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                I just remembered about this post. Just measured and it looks like 1 3/4 inch is as thick as it will clamp to. The opening is just under 2 inches but the clamp screws have rubber caps on them.

Well, a router might be in my desks future now that I've already ordered it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Damn Im sick to my stomach, killed one of my 6990's

Tried to make copper shims for one card and decided to make the copper sink a little big so there would be more surface area to transfer heat. I guess the copper sink shorted something because when I tried to boot up it would only go as far as the starting windows screen and no further. Took that card out and ran the other as a single card and it would boot no problem. Tried running windows boot up repair and it wouldnt work. Tried uninstalling AMD drivers and it booted up but as soon as I loaded them back on it wouldnt get past that screen. Tried putting the thermal pads back on and still same thing. I finally just pulled it out and left it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
                    Damn Im sick to my stomach, killed one of my 6990's

Tried to make copper shims for one card and decided to make the copper sink a little big so there would be more surface area to transfer heat. I guess the copper sink shorted something because when I tried to boot up it would only go as far as the starting windows screen and no further. Took that card out and ran the other as a single card and it would boot no problem. Tried running windows boot up repair and it wouldnt work. Tried uninstalling AMD drivers and it booted up but as soon as I loaded them back on it wouldnt get past that screen. Tried putting the thermal pads back on and still same thing. I finally just pulled it out and left it out.
                    Dude, I feel like an arse now because you took my recommendation. I quit...no moar advice from me.

Comment

• LOL its not your fault. It was me being a dumbass and not thinking it through. The Arctic cooler heatsinks have a clear sticker over the surface with a opening just the size of the thermal pads. I cut that sticker off so I would have a larger area to transfer heat and made the copper sink big enough to fit that. Well there is a good reason there is a sticker there, to keep shit from shorting out. I could have made a copper sink the size of the thermal pad and been running just fine Im sure.

I fucked up, simple as that. Wont be the last time I make a $700 mistake Im sure. No worries though, its all on me. Your still my e-buddy

Comment

• Even still, it was on my suggestion. I appreciate that you're not upset about that part but it doesn't change that fact that $700 is a nice chunk of scratch to toast.

I'm sorry dude.

Comment

• No possible way to RMA it?

Comment

• I dont see how. Im pretty sure all warranties are void after i removed the sticker covering the ausus switch.

Comment

• Well Im started the RMA process with Newegg. Im still within my 30 days barely. I bought this stuff on the 9th of November. We will see what happens.

**EDIT** Oh and I found one of the flipswitch stickers and it does not say warranty will be void and there was not one of those void stickers over the screws on the stock cooler so Im hoping Im good to go.
                              Last edited by Lason; 12-06-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• rofl, good luck bro!

Comment

Working...
                                X