PC Gamers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lason View Post
    Well it looks like I may be throwing more cash at this damn computer. I played BF3 night before last for a few hours (without it locking up for once) and felt some serious heat coming off the tower. I setup GPU-Z and the GPU's are staying cool 70ish but the vregs are getting stupid hot again. This time it isnt just the top card, they were all going 90-102*. I shut everything down and checked to make sure the screws hadnt loosened up again and they are all still tight. Then it dawned on me, I hadnt been able to play BF3 on eyefinity untill the newest patch so the extra stress is whats causing them to climb.

Played SWTOR all day yesterday on eyefinity and they were all in the 90-100* again. Even got a BSOD and I can only guess it was due to the heat but I could be wrong, it is a beta afterall. I looked up that kitguru review that I posted about these cooler and he had a screenshot in furmark showing the 6990 he tested hitting 102* with the stock cooler on 1920x1080 so maybe this is just normal for these things? Either way, Im seriously thinking about just watercooling it. Sucks though because I have so much money tied up in the arctic coolers and the noctua. Uggg!
    Ouch, even with the fans at 100%?

Comment

• Yep even at 100%

I just saw a post on the SWTOR forums and a couple other people were talking about their systems running pretty hot too. My GPU's are in check, just those vregs. I ran the Heaven benchmark again to see how it compared to my temps I posted in this thread and they were about the same but I ran it at 1920x1080 like I did before. Eyefinity is just stressing them out. Im torn though because like I said, the stock cards vregs run hot too so Im thinking I may just deal with it untill later on and maybe go to a water cooled setup.

Comment

• If it's w/in the recommend temp range, I wouldn't sweat it. I have GPU's that have turned the exhaust outlet blue and still run just fine.

Comment

• Try with the stock coolers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
            If it's w/in the recommend temp range, I wouldn't sweat it. I have GPU's that have turned the exhaust outlet blue and still run just fine.

LOL, I remember that card. Now THAT thing put out some serious heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
              Try with the stock coolers?
              Naaaa, those things were stupid loud and the GPU's ran hot as hell with them. I never checked the vregs or have screen shots though, pisses me off that I forgot to take some.

Comment

• Don't sweat it, they're under warranty anyhow. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                  Don't sweat it, they're under warranty anyhow. :-)
                  Nope, voided after I took the stock coolers off them. Well after I took the sticker off covering the overclock switch on them that I had to remove to get the stock coolers off.

Comment

Nope, voided after I took the stock coolers off them. Well after I took the sticker off covering the overclock switch on them that I had to remove to get the stock coolers off.
                    Ouch.

Comment

• holy crap I just took this snip after some swtor! I need to do something asap.

Comment

holy crap I just took this snip after some swtor! I need to do something asap.

holy fuck that's hot. too hot!

are the vregs not touched by the accellero? have you found any other users with that same issue?

edit: even some users under water are reporting high~ish vreg temps. So you may have go home-made or get creative with it.

Comment

• The Arctic cooler has a total of three heatsinks, one on each GPU with a fan and then one heatsink in the center that covers all the vregs but does not have its own fan, it gets all the hot air off the other sinks blown on it. My case has the big side fan blowing right over those sinks though. I shut it down to watch some football though, that thing got too hot!

Comment

• Just for refrence, I turned eyefinity off and am playing swtor and here are my temps.

Comment

• maybe I spoke too soon, just finished a space mission and checked and found this. Single screen, stock clocks.

Comment

• I still say you should make the copper shim.

Comment

Working...
                                X