No announcement yet.

Forza players, monthly rivials drag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I made some progress in a monthly drag rivalry. I cannot get my Trueno to hook up out of the hole at all! I'll build another car to compete with.

Too bad the drag slicks aren't really drag slicks, the air pressure is backwards, suspension setups don't work as they should, and there's no boost controller.

My drifting seems to have gotten even worse.

I was working on a rivalry with traffic, but I nearly threw my controller through the television when I got rear ended by traffic which caused me to have a dirty lap on the last corner. I speculate it would have had me real close to the number one spot. I was livid!

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      It is, wasn't aware it made a difference.
      Yep! Dirty laps are worthless, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        Well, I made some progress in a monthly drag rivalry. I cannot get my Trueno to hook up out of the hole at all! I'll build another car to compete with.

Too bad the drag slicks aren't really drag slicks, the air pressure is backwards, suspension setups don't work as they should, and there's no boost controller.

My drifting seems to have gotten even worse.

I was working on a rivalry with traffic, but I nearly threw my controller through the television when I got rear ended by traffic which caused me to have a dirty lap on the last corner. I speculate it would have had me real close to the number one spot. I was livid!

I can help u out alittle on the drag. When lauching you have to do thw drop rpm method. Let the rpm fall and catch it about 2500. It feels like it bogs down, but its the best. Plus playing with the gears with that to.

Or there is the whole ride the clutch method, to me its hard. I know how to just not good.

Comment

Drag racing is mostly about throttle control on launch

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
          2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
            I can help u out alittle on the drag. When lauching you have to do thw drop rpm method. Let the rpm fall and catch it about 2500. It feels like it bogs down, but its the best. Plus playing with the gears with that to.

Or there is the whole ride the clutch method, to me its hard. I know how to just not good.
            I'll work on it some more, but I can't even give it full throttle in 2nd. I let it roll out easy in 1st, shift to 2nd, roll into the throttle, and blow the tires off.

When I get some more time I'll play with my tune more. As it stands, I have to really work the throttle until I'm in 3rd which has me 2 cars behind the ghost. Once I'm in 6th my car is coming on like a freight train, but I can't nose it out.

EDIT: Riding the clutch? Would I need to change my button layout to do this? I'm shifting with the clutch, but I'm not sure how I would get the left bumper to work that way.

Comment

Yea...I think the trigger is the clutch and the A button is the gas

2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

What suspension stuff have u changed?

Thw clutch slipping , yes u need to change the layout. Its a drag only thing. Very hard to do though

Comment

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
                  Yea...I think the trigger is the clutch and the A button is the gas

Yea your right. I only messed around with it for alittle bit of time. But I think its cool you can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                    What suspension stuff have u changed?

Thw clutch slipping , yes u need to change the layout. Its a drag only thing. Very hard to do though
                    At first I kept everything at default settings for the parts that I added. Then I ran my front sway bar to the softest setting while adding stiffness to the rear. It liked that, so I left it.

I adjusted my ride height up and down in small increments and found that it likes to be low.

The spring rates are where I'm getting screwy responses. I would expect my rear tires to unload when leaving the front and rear soft, but that is not happening. However, when I do this I don't charge down the back half of the track as well as I do with stiff front and rear. The big end gets wobbly and my rear tires try to spin.

When I go with a softer front end and stiffer rear end, the rear tires unload after every shift until 4th. It will spin 3rd long enough to watch the ghost walk away 2 cars by the time I hit the traps.

Low and stiff all the way around gets me down the track the fastest, but it's a fight to get into 3rd without frying the tires.

I even started adjusting my first gear, but without a good hook out of these tires it's fairly pointless.

I'm gonna build another car anyway. The Trueno is used by everyone in the top positions. My Trueno was originally built for drifting. My first drag car for this competition was an old Toyota 2000GT. I spanked GodofHobos with it.

Comment

• In the drag I would do .

Tires af 35
                      Ride height all the way up

Srping front-all the way soft
                      Rear- a few hundred soft than default.

Comment

• What times are u running?

Comment

• Mid 16's, I think. My gamer tag is Muffrazr.

Comment

• Ok , didnt know ur gt.

Comment

• Yeah, my screen name here changed a couple weeks ago.

It may have been 16.8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                                Yeah, my screen name here changed a couple weeks ago.

It may have been 16.8.
                                Yea its a 16.8, just looked it up on forza site. Work with ur gears to and ur launch. I can run 16.4 all day, but tyring to beat my 16.35 is to hard for me. But I have that spin in the top of 2 nd I need to get rid of. Not for sure if I need to do more tuning with suspension or gears.

Also I think I need to swap motors and go with the second motor instead of the third. It revs higher. And all the top guys is running that motor

Comment

Working...
                                X