Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to get a decent gaming laptop for $750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to get a decent gaming laptop for $750?

I don't want to play MW3 or BF3 or anything extremely graphics intensive. Just League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Half-Life 2, etc. and my current one seems to be crapping out on me. It'd be replacing an XPS M1530 with a dual core 2.4 GHz processor, 8 gigs of ram, and a 256 meg NVIDIA 8600M GT. Any suggestions? I'd like it to be a nice looking (don't care about color so much as form) somewhat light 15-16" screened laptop, but something a nice step up from what I have. I'm 4 years out of date on what hardware components are decent anymore, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: This will also be used for work, so it will have office and all that other work jazz on it. Nothing graphics or CPU intensive except for the games I like to play on the weeknights and weekends.

I found this one, but...understandably...it's sold out everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      I found this one, but...understandably...it's sold out everywhere.

http://www.frys.com/product/6197189?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
      Even though that video card is several years old, it shouldn't have a problem with the games you're wanting to play. You can run WoW on a notebook with integrated graphics, so you would be good there.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Even though that video card is several years old, it shouldn't have a problem with the games you're wanting to play. You can run WoW on a notebook with integrated graphics, so you would be good there.
        Yeah, but that one is out of stock, and while I enjoy new games most of my gaming time is spent on the Xbox. Are there any out there like that one?

Comment

Yeah, but that one is out of stock, and while I enjoy new games most of my gaming time is spent on the Xbox. Are there any out there like that one?
          Spend an extra $50 and get a decent laptop out of this...

I'm not familiar with the Radeon stuff but this may have a decent video card...
          Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            Spend an extra $50 and get a decent laptop out of this...

I'm not familiar with the Radeon stuff but this may have a decent video card...
            http://www.frys.com/product/6272990?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG
            damn that's a good price on that alienware, I paid nearly double + some extra for mine. It did play every single game out there btw. The 5850 is a beast, can be oc'd fairly easy and is a strong mobile gpu.

Comment

I dont think anyone around has those alienwares, they are old models. AW stopped making the M15X and replaced it with the smaller M14X. That was a good price on it though.

Comment

Frys seems to like selling laptops that aren't produced anymore, but leave them on their website after they sell out everywhere.

Comment

Well I know that M15X was sold there not long ago, like within the last month. I saw a demo model a couple weeks ago along with a M18X.

Comment

Alienware laptops are ugly, though lol.

Bryan may have helped me fix mine, once I get home I can see if I can jimmy-rig it. I just can't play any games on it right now, otherwise it works fine.

75% of me wants an excuse to buy a new one, the other 25% is stingy and likes this old one.

Comment

Alienware laptops are ugly, though lol.

Comment

Yeah, 117c on teh GPU is no bueno.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                          LOL!!!
                          Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                          Yeah, 117c on teh GPU is no bueno.
                          I figured as much. Like I said, it left a brown spot on my desk from the heat, so it might just be time to give up the ghost. I have a work laptop coming my way...eventually... It's a hand-me-down latitude e6510 with better specs than this one. Problem is, I won't get it until Dell ships my boss's new laptop, which is apparently taking forever and a day to happen.

Comment

Try the fix I told you about on the phone. If that doesn't work, call it dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Try the fix I told you about on the phone. If that doesn't work, call it dead.
                              Will do. Again, I appreciate all your help.

Comment

Working...
                              X