Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    Hey fiddy, you wanna root my Aria?
    Dude, you know way more about computers than I do, lol. All you have to do is find the update.zip file for your phone to root it, copy it from your computer to the main directory (root) and boot the phone into recovery mode, reinstall packages, done.

Comment

This won't help you with your evo but it might help others with android devices. just dl the app and click one button to root.

Froyo is a bit of a pain to root! Well, this fixes that. Credits z4ziggy Sebastian Krahmer's rageagainstthecage What this does It is an app you install from the market or by side loading, that has a single button that will root your device...

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        Hey fiddy, you wanna root my Aria?

Comment

My evo is rooted, not really worth the hassle, only real thing is free wireless tethering, but you can only share 4g (whooptie do).
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I can't get nova to download.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              My evo is rooted, not really worth the hassle, only real thing is free wireless tethering, but you can only share 4g (whooptie do).
              flashing a rom+themes, over/under clocking, etc. Not worth it? I got alot of use out of my evo today, when I checked around 11pm it said it had been running 45% of the time and the screen was on 43% of the time, was playing some intensive games, talkin on the phone, streaming music. I couldn't get nearly as much out of a battery on a stock rom, I have 4 batteries and I didn't even swap out today.

Comment

I share my 3g and 4g while rooted. I also have root explorer for removing sprint apps, and a couple reboot options that don't work when not rooted. Also, as for the "hassle", I used unrevoked and clicked "start" and waiting for it to say "finished" Wasn't too much hassle to me, and I love the 3g/4g tether plus having full control.

Oh I'm also running a custom kernel to fix charging issues past 90% and to fully charge my extended battery.
                01 Turbo Miata
                96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                  Do a full charge with the phone on, unplug it, turn the phone off, plug it back in to charge, wait till it says 100%, unplug it, turn it back on but don't plug it in, wait for it to fully load for a minute, then turn it back off, plug it in again till it hits 100% again, unplug it, then use the phone as normal. This process is used to reset the battery.
                  Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around? I prefer just using the SBC enabled kernels floating around on XDA now. Don't have to mess with any of that. Also, that method won't charge a 3500mah battery b/c the phone thinks its "full" at 1500mah

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                  What Jeff said will work. The app is still on the phone but will not show in the app drawer. Just make sure to re name it back if you ever update.
                  More than just not showing in the app drawer, they won't auto run in the background without your permission! That was huge for me.
                  01 Turbo Miata
                  96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

You can run ad free also. No more ads in Angry birds for me.

Sent from my rooted EVO

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                      Do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around? I prefer just using the SBC enabled kernels floating around on XDA now. Don't have to mess with any of that. Also, that method won't charge a 3500mah battery b/c the phone thinks its "full" at 1500mah

More than just not showing in the app drawer, they won't auto run in the background without your permission! That was huge for me.
                      Yeah, I know, a little bit of work, does it does make a difference. I don't know anything about the new kernels, I stay mostly in the galaxy s forums on xda.

Comment

A lot of people are seeing HUGE improvements with the SBC kernels. I myself saw a quicker battery drain, but they are saying there are inconsistencies between hardware versions, and I have not tried the 4.1.9 kernel yet. Doing a test run on another kernel today, then will probably give it a shot. It doesn't even take 5 minutes to change the kernel, so it's a pretty easy swap.

Here is the thread:
                        Thanks to Netarchy, Toast, Myn, and Hot_Hands. Big Thanks to NewZJ for helping me test this damn near all day for the past couple of days. This kernel is based off of Netarchy's 4.2.1 Universal More Aggressive Kernel, so expect the same results...
                        01 Turbo Miata
                        96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Seems pretty cool, but if the battery drains faster then what's the point? I can already get 40 hours out of my battery with moderate use on some roms. Plus it's made for the evo so I can't really do anything with it, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tangstang View Post
                            flashing a rom+themes, over/under clocking, etc. Not worth it? I got alot of use out of my evo today, when I checked around 11pm it said it had been running 45% of the time and the screen was on 43% of the time, was playing some intensive games, talkin on the phone, streaming music. I couldn't get nearly as much out of a battery on a stock rom, I have 4 batteries and I didn't even swap out today.
                            Same on all counts, I run battery saver and get the same results. I carry 2 bats on me.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                              I share my 3g and 4g while rooted. I also have root explorer for removing sprint apps, and a couple reboot options that don't work when not rooted. Also, as for the "hassle", I used unrevoked and clicked "start" and waiting for it to say "finished" Wasn't too much hassle to me, and I love the 3g/4g tether plus having full control.

Oh I'm also running a custom kernel to fix charging issues past 90% and to fully charge my extended battery.
                              I removed the factory apps as well,.i also used unrevoked. The hassle is ota updates like this one, you can't install them. Rooting does little in my opinion, tiny aesthetic changes and no real substance to it, no big reason to do it. Delete a couple icons...mostly shit for nerds to brag about but the truth for regular users is it offers very little.
                              Last edited by CJ; 12-28-2010, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                                I removed the factory apps as well,.i also used unrevoked. The hassle is ota updates like this one, you can't install them. Rooting does little in my opinion, tiny aesthetic changes and no real substance to it, no big reason to do it. Delete a couple icons...mostly shit for nerds to brag about but the truth for regular users is it offers very little.
                                Yup, that's why I put it back to stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X