New Sprint OTA for Evo 4g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tangstang View Post
    flashing a rom+themes, over/under clocking, etc. Not worth it? I got alot of use out of my evo today, when I checked around 11pm it said it had been running 45% of the time and the screen was on 43% of the time, was playing some intensive games, talkin on the phone, streaming music. I couldn't get nearly as much out of a battery on a stock rom, I have 4 batteries and I didn't even swap out today.
    Not from me, but a guy on xda using the same rom as me, light usage. Overclocked, undervolted, etc. etc.

Comment

My phone is overclocked (1.8ghz stable) themed on cm 6.2 and I get excellent batt life as opposed to stock....but I do have set cpu profiles which help keep batt life in check, in fact im at 84% after charging from last night (10p.m.), so for me, rooting was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 06S197GT View Post
        My phone is overclocked (1.8ghz stable) themed on cm 6.2 and I get excellent batt life as opposed to stock....but I do have set cpu profiles which help keep batt life in check, in fact im at 84% after charging from last night (10p.m.), so for me, rooting was worth it.
        What is a cpu profile?

I really want to root my phone, but with instructions I see on the net I get lost. It seems like they skip steps connecting your phone to the computer and assume you know where the fuck you are supposed to enter the quoted code.

The EVO is a bitch to root with Hboot 2.10 or whatever is the hardest. I did my friends epic easily
        Last edited by big_tiger; 12-29-2010, 08:08 AM.

Comment

If you need a program to root your phone, you might need to just give up. All you need is the update.zip to place on your phone's internal storage and reboot the phone in recovery mode then reinstall packages, reboot the phone and you're done.

SetCPU is a program to control the overclock if you have one.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
            What is a cpu profile?

I really want to root my phone, but with instructions I see on the net I get lost. It seems like they skip steps connecting your phone to the computer and assume you know where the fuck you are supposed to enter the quoted code.

The EVO is a bitch to root with Hboot 2.10 or whatever is the hardest. I did my friends epic easily
            The new unrevoked3 works on 2.10

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
              What is a cpu profile?

Have you been over at XDA? they have some pretty simple instructions on 2.10

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                Seems pretty cool, but if the battery drains faster then what's the point? I can already get 40 hours out of my battery with moderate use on some roms. Plus it's made for the evo so I can't really do anything with it, lol.
                There is a similar fix for DINC's too, not sure what you have. It only makes the battery drain faster on certain hardware versions. I happened to be one of the unlucky ones - now that the source for the latest stock kernel is out though, the fix should be able to be applied there.
                01 Turbo Miata
                96 4x4 Suburban

Comment

Working...
                X